Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "LeGarcon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 12:49pm

Weapon Crate DLC?

I'm hearing a lot of rumors and seeing a lot of images floating around of new weapon variants. Are they in CTE or did someone mine something or?

Do we have any solid information on them and what their stats are?

yugas42

(1,375)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 5:52pm

Adding said images to your post may help facilitate discussion. This currently falls under rule 4 as a low-effort post.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 7:18pm

I'm very doubtful the eight new weapon variants are any sort of new DLC, they're simply an extra variant for the eight guns that currently only have one. CTE Reddit post. And a video. And also a recent post of mine.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 11:28pm

Oh sweet, thanks for posting that.

All of those sound pretty nice but I don't really see a ton of reason for the silenced 1917 to be honest.

I've never picked up a sniper from muzzle flash or gunshot sounds. Always by their scope glint or the bullet going past my head.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 12:04am

Oh sweet, thanks for posting that.

All of those sound pretty nice but I don't really see a ton of reason for the silenced 1917 to be honest.

I've never picked up a sniper from muzzle flash or gunshot sounds. Always by their scope glint or the bullet going past my head.

The Enfield needed a scoped variant, but if given either Marksman or Sniper it would be a direct upgrade to the Springfield MM/Sniper (as it has a higher RoF and extra round, though admittedly a slower reload). Additionally, suppressed weapons have been asked for since before launch, and a suppressed Springfield exists in the campaign.

Giving it a Sniper scope and Suppressor, but no Bipod or Bayonet makes it a new and interesting variant that can safely exist alongside the two Springfields. The Suppressor, Bipod, and Bayonet are all not especially powerful attachments, though the Bipod is certainly the most relevant, so it makes sense the Springfield would get it. I really feel it's a perfect way to have all of them exist together without invalidating each other.

On the subject of glint, if all goes well we may be seeing a slight rework of that mechanic.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 2:37am

As far as I know, they haven't given it any scope glint. So essentially, we've been handed a perfect counter-sniping option.

Put the magnification on 10x, and pick off those irritating snipers from across the map without broadcasting your position to all of them.

The slower muzzle velocity should also not be a problem if you're targeting stationary targets.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 2:44am

The counter-sniper's weapon. All right that has me much more interested.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 3:02am

The whole reason why those eight guns only had a single variant to boot was to keep "class equality" among the four main kits.

Now, it's to be seen if these new variants are going to be free for everybody, exclusive to Premium players, or updated to their respective, individual DLCs.

If it's one of the first two, I can then actually see DICE adding at least two more new guns for both Medic and Support down the line (four total). Now, if it's the last, then DICE may "need" to add a new Scout rifle to TSNP and a new gun for Assault in Apocalypse, bearing in mind any added main kit primaries will come with two variants each. In that case, then DICE would need to additionally add three new Medic and Support guns among the already-existing DLCs to make sure all the main kits get equal treatment. Note "main kits," as DICE hasn't added a new Pilot/Tanker gun in either TuTi or Apocalypse, and it's possible for those positions to also be filled. Meanwhile, ITNOTT came with two handguns, and Apocalypse came with one. So, it's even further possible that we may also get upwards of five new handguns (potentially including the already-existing Howdah Sweeper and C96 Export), two handguns for each DLC. Of course, the Pilot/Tanker guns and handguns would be assuming DICE would try to equalize the amount of (bring-back) content all the DLCs come with, which should honestly be standard if all of the DLCs are asking for the same price if bought individually.

So yeah, we may potentially be seeing anywhere from four to fifteen new guns within the future. Although, I could honestly settle with the likes of eight new guns (one for Assault, one for Scout, three for Medic, and three for Support), or ten if the Howdah Sweeper and C96 Export are brought to retail (with whatever rebalance they may or may not need). That would probably be the sweet spot, in my opinion.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 6:05am

Or maybe they've simply decided that having an exactly even spread of variants and weapon types per expansion isn't actually necessary.

As for the Enfield's lack of glint, that's a bug. And a bug in the opposite direction we're likely to see glint reworked in the future.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 6:52am

Reworked into what?

And while I'm excited to get an infantry Ross I kinda wish we had gotten a Sniper variant instead of the Marksman one. We don't have any in .303 and if memory serves snipers liked the Ross quite a bit.