Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 2:31pm

Major changes for a returning player

Hi everyone,

I am finally able to play Battlefield 1 again, and have sorted out my connection issues. There have been 3 expansions since I last played the game and I'm trying to adjust to the changes. As far as I can tell the most significant changes are the ttk patch (great) and the addition of many new weapons. I am having a blast so far and the expansion maps, in CQ, CQ assault and Operations have blown me away (special mentions to Turning Tides for delivering the kind of combined arms naval battles that Battlefield always promises but never delivers on).

My main question is, with so many patches since I last played, are there any other major overhauls I should know about aside from the ttk patch? Has there been any significant overhall to vehicles or gadgets?

Overall I'm just glad to be back. The quality of player seems to have risen drastically too. I now see many a bipod MG and even mortars dropping smoke. Loving the new weapons too, especially the more bipod-oriented LMGs.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 6:31pm

HE Tripmines only do 80 damage normally but deal double damage to sprinting players and gas mines deal 15 damage upon detonation.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head though.

Date of registration
: May 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:57pm

Tanks' insta-heal ability has been nerfed hard thankfully.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2018, 11:35am

Is it too much to hope that the ttk patch was also applied to vehicle and stationary MGs? Or is my bipod LMG just flat out better than the stationary Mg now?

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Friday, March 9th 2018, 7:59am

The stationary HMG is actually quite good. 480 rounds per minute, 40 damage up to 20 meters, and then down to 21 damage at 50 meters. That's a three-shot kill up to just a little over 30.5 meters. I wouldn't mind if its minimum damage were to be bumped up to 25, 26.05, or 26.5, though. The largest issues with stationary HMGs has always been (sometimes) obscure placement, angle of traverse, and an absurd amount of visual recoil. Placement of these guns is still FAR superior to the placement of HMGs in Battlefield 4.

As far as vehicle HMGs go, it's not really needed. Infantry weren't really buffed against vehicles, and as such, vehicles really don't need to be buffed against infantry. Well, that's omitting aircraft anyways, which are now quite vulnerable to Support's MGs along with the new AA Rocket Gun.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 9th 2018, 1:27pm

I think stationary AA and the Field Gun are great right now, but given how vulnerable the MG is and how bad it's FOV and traverse are, it should really be 2-3 shot kill, especially given TTK 2.0

At the moment it's damage drops off way too much. yes it has 40 max damage but that only applies at ranges where its FOV and traverse will make it easily flanked. it needs effective long range firepower to match it's solid long range accuracy.

For now I'm just going to pretend they don't exist, as DICE has now given us some decent purpose built bipod MGs with ludicrously high RoF. It's like having BF3's M240B back again :)

That is to say, MGs that when positioned correctly can actually fight groups of enemies. BF4 watered down the 7.62 MGs so badly, and early BF1's MGs were more like assault rifles. Having guns with impractical RoF and accuracy off the bipod but massive potential on the bipod is absolutely amazing.