Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 5:05am

ut the M1912 is really strong at facemelting, it doesn't have bad stats, its just unambiguously designed to do one thing very well.
Same problem like with 8 .35 and RSC SMG - you can't stably kill 2 opponents per 1 magazine and also have troubled reloading (srsly, 8+1 bulets for 3.7s/3.9s reload times, what DICE was thinking?). So basically if 2 enemies come at you - only if they fail epically you could win.
Too much situational weapons can't be considered as good weapons overall. Pre-nerf M1912 was a different story due to 1 FSSM and 1 FSRM, but that made this weapon overpowered (melting ppl from 40-50m with tapfiring was OP).

Exactly this. It's over-specialization to the point of being less effective in real situations.
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 6:56am

I see alot of people have opinions about this and Id like to add something that is an observation:
The thing about weapons like the auto 8 35 is they have extremely good TTK but they are unforgiving weapons. a single shot missed out of 5 is a huge blow to your chances of securing a kill most particularly at further range where you have to take into acount bullet travel time and unpredictable player movement.weapons like the farquahr hill or even the selbstlader 1916 may be TTK turds but they are much more forgiving especially when you are engaging at a distance where it is harder to apply raw TTK against a smaller target that is easier to miss. The auto 8 will still beat out these two weapons in a direct engagement except maybe at very long range against the selbstlader which has more damage at range.

As much as I enjoy the auto 8 35 factory, Ill still take the mondragon over it. Ill still take the mp18 optical over the RSC SMG.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:56am

I see alot of people have opinions about this and Id like to add something that is an observation:
The thing about weapons like the auto 8 35 is they have extremely good TTK but they are unforgiving weapons. a single shot missed out of 5 is a huge blow to your chances of securing a kill most particularly at further range where you have to take into acount bullet travel time and unpredictable player movement.weapons like the farquahr hill or even the selbstlader 1916 may be TTK turds but they are much more forgiving especially when you are engaging at a distance where it is harder to apply raw TTK against a smaller target that is easier to miss. The auto 8 will still beat out these two weapons in a direct engagement except maybe at very long range against the selbstlader which has more damage at range.

As much as I enjoy the auto 8 35 factory, Ill still take the mondragon over it. Ill still take the mp18 optical over the RSC SMG.

If you start to factor in player aim, and especially people with poor aim who miss a lot its basically impossible to make a quantitative statement about gun performance.

A player who consistently misses most of their shots simply isn't going to be able to make use of the RSC smg, RSC, or AL8-.35. Doesn't make any of those bad guns (although the reload for the RSC smg very well might make it bad).

Balancing TTK against mag count/forgiveness is just good design.

The Mondragon is terrible with the TTK patch, why would you ever use it?

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:11am

why would you ever use it?

Having three shot kills at all range is nice. the sniper variant is good on a bipod. the mondragon hands down for me is the best sniper variant SLR. you could go with the howell but you get low damage at long range where the sniper variant is supposed to be used and you are also stuck with the same ROF as the mondragon. (not to mention the bugged spread) you could go with the SL1906 sniper but the 5 rounds is a hindrance. I can make it work within a range the same way I do with the A8 .35 but again, long range firing with a 5 round mag is very unforgiving. A player's aim can only do so good at longer ranges where bullet travel time forces you to lead targets against very unpredictable player movement.

Believe it or not I also enjoy using the SL1916 factory. Despite its horrendous TTK, It is pretty good at long range. The faster recoil settle time helps it make faster follow up shots and the large mag makes it easy to use. From a technical standpoint, the TTK is low but as you go out farther, the three shot kill makes it more worth wile.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Iplaysgames96" (Mar 7th 2018, 8:18am)