Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "godsgifttoearth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, February 16th 2018, 12:52pm

Sniper rifles - does the pre and post reload delays affect rate of fire?

Sniper rifles - does the pre and post reload delays affect rate of fire? is there any fixed time between fire, unscope, bolt action, rescope fire? or is the RoF listed absolute? e.g the m1903 sniper will always be able to fire faster than the m98.

I ask because the lebel and Russian have the same 56 RoF but the lebel feels way faster for follow up shots.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 11:48am

The listed rates of fire, aside from the Martini-Henry (which is really just ReloadTime plus RateOfFire), seem to be derived solely from RateOfFire, BoltActionTime, and BoltActionDelay.

I don't believe any reload delays are applied until you have to actually. . . reload.

One other thing to take into account is ADS time. Considering that you need to unscope between shots with Marksman and Sniper variants, outside from the Gewehr M.95 and the upcoming Ross, the listed rates of fire are really only for hipfire. Since hipfire typically isn't practical for most manual-action rifles, the actual usable rates of fire are much lower for these. It should be something like this, concerning that ADS time for these variants is 300 milliseconds.

Gewehr 98 Marksman/Sniper: 40 rounds per minute
SMLE MKIII Marksman: 41.8 rounds per minute
M1903 Marksman/Sniper: 42.3 rounds per minute
Russian 1895 Sniper/Lebel M1886 Sniper/Mosin-Nagant Marksman: 43.9 rounds per minute

As such, screw Westie's poll. I'd say that the Gewehr M.95 Marksman is by far the best Marksman rifle currently in the game, in which it eclipses the SMLE MKIII Marksman's ADS rate of fire by 24.8 rounds per minute or by 59.2%.

I don't know if unscope time would affect the rate of fire either. I would imagine that BoltActionDelay and BoltActionTime would also start the moment you let go of the aim button, overriding whatever factor there is for unscope time.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Feb 17th 2018, 12:01pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, February 18th 2018, 12:58am

To answer your question, kinda. For instance the lebel had a screwed up post delay that made it actually much slower than its rof listed. This has been fixed in either 2 patches ago or 3. This most recent patch only the carcano and the experimental were changed at all I believe.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, February 18th 2018, 8:03am

The Lebel M1886 does feel a good bit more aggressive than the Russian 1895 and Mosin-Nagant M91, but that could be a placebo effect caused by the Lebel's closer-range "sweet spot." It seems that the Lebel originally had a rate of fire of 50 rounds per minute, before its retail release I believe. Of course, it needed some redeeming factor over the SMLE MKIII, and I think the current Lebel is a great gun, albeit quite underrated. It's trash for a K Bullet loadout, though. Trench Periscope or Tripwire Bomb, with the mainstay Flare Gun - Spot of course, is the way to go with this rifle.

The Gewehr M.95 has caused a bit of a balance dilemma. Going from the Infantry or Carbine variant to the Marksman variant, you lose very little in return, unlike with other rifles with scoped options (glass half-full). However, going from the Marksman variant to the Infantry/Carbine variant, you also gain very little when compared to the others (glass half-empty). The Gewehr M.95 is really to be used as its Marksman variant and maybe its Carbine variant, but not really its Infantry variant. Although, I do quite fancy all three. If you're going Infantry, you should definitely explore multiple of the other options.

The recent patch also touched the Russian 1895 Trench and Russian 1895 Cavalry. The first got the same two-hit kill range buff that the RSC 1917 got (70 meters) while the second got its two-hit kill range buffed up to 90 meters. Of course, in typical DICE fashion, such a huge balance patch is a bit too ambitious. As such, already-overlooked guns go even further overlooked. While the Russian 1895 Trench and its Medic counterpart got the same damage buff, the RSC 1917 additionally got a 10% increase in rate of fire along with an accuracy buff. So, there's no equal treatment here, despite them being direct counterparts to each other. The Russian 1895 Trench, and perhaps the Russian 1895 Cavalry, should have the following.

1. Rate of fire increased to 138 rounds per minute, giving it a 30 Hz tier rate of fire.
2. Rechamber animation sped up (somewhere from 0.4 to 0.43 seconds) so that the action is completed and sights recentered mere milliseconds before the next shot can be fired.
3. Strafing spread halved, similar to a Carbine variant, seeing as there's no SIPS to decrease (as there is/was for the RSC 1917).
4. Limb multiplier increased from 0.93 up to 0.95, giving more consistent assists that count as kills.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Feb 18th 2018, 8:48am)