Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 4:15am

Whats the deal with the Nagant?

Im trying to really love this little pizdec pistol and from what I can gather, Its a mars with a 7 shot revolver cylinder that reloads slow. Are there any saving graces to this gun? ?(
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 5:02am

My best use for it is as an SLR sidearm, as it should pair up well with their 3HK and its slightly longer range.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 9:19am

For some reason, DICE decided to make nearly half of the all-class sidearms kinda crappy (in comparison to class-exclusive handguns anyways). Outside of the joke Kolibri, the P08, S&W No. 3, and Nagant M1895 really aren't very attractive choices.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 9:31am

For some reason, DICE decided to make nearly half of the all-class sidearms kinda crappy (in comparison to class-exclusive handguns anyways). Outside of the joke Kolibri, the P08, S&W No. 3, and Nagant M1895 really aren't very attractive choices.
And upcoming Webley Mk.VI would be an all-class Medic's Webley-Forsberry. #DICE_logic
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 11:07am

And upcoming Webley Mk.VI would be an all-class Medic's Webley-Forsberry. #DICE_logic

DICE is most likely going to make the Webley Mk. VI a slightly inferior Webley-Fosbery, and yet, it's still going to drive the No. 3 even further into its grave.

I get that the No. 3 has an awesome reload speed for a revolver, and its deploy time is solid. However, it's not quite good balance design to give the slowest firing two-hit kill handgun the worst damage drop-off. It should really be like 179 rounds per minute with 17.5 minimum damage. Ideally, it should fit somewhere between the Gasser M1870 and the upcoming Webley Mk. VI.

The 359 rounds per minute pistols have an optimal rate of fire of 299 rounds per minute. As such, that seems to heavily diminish the value of the P08 and C96, where 299 rounds per minute is their rate of fire caps.

As for the Nagant M1895, the following changes should go a pretty long way in increasing its effectiveness.

Horizontal recoil: -0.8 - 0.8 > -0.6 - 0.6 (Consistent 25% less recoil than the Mars.)
ADS Spread (Not Moving): 0.24 > 0.18
Spread Increase Per Shot: 0.3 > 0.15
Spread Decrease Per Second: 9.0 > 4.5

(Same optimal rate of fire as of current, but half of the spread buildup at maximum rate of fire.)

While both the Mars and Nagant M1895 are supposed to serve the same role, they are basically polar opposites in the reload department. The Nagant M1895 has one of the absolute worst (if not the worst, can't remember who "wins" here) reload speeds among the handguns, and the Mars, considering its magazine capacity and the amount of damage each shot can inflict, has one of the absolute best reloads among the handguns. As such, there NEEDS to be a good deal less wasted shots if you spam the Nagant M1895. The Mars can afford a few misses, not the little Russian guy. . .

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 8:08pm

its atrocious. had it fired faster I might use it but its just awful. to be entirely honest, I think all sidearms are bad and need a rework. they really need to reduce the bullets to kill at range and the hipfire spread and spread increase. they're like throwing stones at the moment. just apply the balance methodology as the primaries received