Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 1:53pm

Ok, I'm confused by the 167% part of this. So, using your example, 25% Soilder Stick Sensitivity sould be mated wit a 83% Zoom sensitivity. What if I ran with a 35% Stick sensitivity?

Or perhaps a better question, is there some kind of formula to determine an ideal Zoom sensitivity using the 167% rule?

As far as I can tell, Soldier/Vehicle Stick Sensitivity doesn't matter at all (use whatever you like), it's just Soldier Zoom Sensitivity that's weird on console with 166.6666% being a true 1:1 match. Having it set to 167% is 100%, and 0% is still 0%, so it just scales normally between them.

If you want 1.0x ADS to move at the same speed as hipfire, use 167%. If you want 1.0x ADS to move at half the speed of hipfire (as I have it), use 83% (half of 166.6666). Just do 166.6666 times how much slower you want it. 166.6666 x 0.5 for 50%, or x 0.75 for 75%, etc.

This part is entirely independent of UsA and the whole coefficient thing.
Ah, Gotcha.

Date of registration
: May 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 5:54pm

You should probably clarify your post that this is only for Console, so as to prevent PC players perhaps getting misinformation.

PC works fine as intended with the settings doing what they should.

As far as I would expect on Console, the screen space distance modifier (UsA coefficient) should synchronise turn-rate velocity at full pitch on the stick for any given base sensitivity to screen space across different FOVs. Since max pitch (since BF1 calculates everything from Vertcial, not horizontal FOV) is the only absolute. Gamepad input always features some element of acceleration in how they work at any other position apart from max, making synchronisation impossible when the stick is some point at halfway.

If Julian Manolov has decided to do use a different method for BF1 on Console for UsA than BF4, then I'm not sure what would make more sense, but maybe there is a reason. Have you asked him?

On PC in BF1, even UsA off uses base FOV for ADS turn-rate calculations (just with a 100% fixed coefficient, rather than 133) so UsA is not as necessary as it was in BF4, although it does still help with calculating ADS sens transitions which is still essential in my opinion, although people have different ideas.
sometimes it's easy to forget that there exists people that play first person shooter games on consoles with a controller

Don't be dense, his point is that PC players are seeing this and thinking it applies to them as well.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:23pm

You should probably clarify your post that this is only for Console, so as to prevent PC players perhaps getting misinformation.

As far as I would expect on Console, the screen space distance modifier (UsA coefficient) should synchronise turn-rate velocity at full pitch on the stick for any given base sensitivity to screen space across different FOVs. Since max pitch (since BF1 calculates everything from Vertcial, not horizontal FOV) is the only absolute. Gamepad input always features some element of acceleration in how they work at any other position apart from max, making synchronisation impossible when the stick is some point at halfway.

If Julian Manolov has decided to do use a different method for BF1 on Console for UsA than BF4, then I'm not sure what would make more sense, but maybe there is a reason. Have you asked him?

On PC in BF1, even UsA off uses base FOV for ADS turn-rate calculations (just with a 100% fixed coefficient, rather than 133) so UsA is not as necessary as it was in BF4, although it does still help with calculating ADS sens transitions which is still essential in my opinion, although people have different ideas.
sometimes it's easy to forget that there exists people that play first person shooter games on consoles with a controller

Don't be dense, his point is that PC players are seeing this and thinking it applies to them as well.
that was my point as well :thumbup:

Date of registration
: May 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 10:19pm

that was my point as well :thumbup:

Ohhhhhh, I get what you meant now. ;)

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 3rd 2018, 4:20am

Thanks for doing this. I suppose I will try this. I have done o so much testing trying to figure out about USA. I will say for what's it worth I got the 166% calculation just like u and half of that for 50% ads. I even found better results with timing the counterstrike and overwatch multiplier which was something like. .42 something. I did not get the exact results with the coefficient as u so I will give that a try.

I will say no matter what I tried I could not get uniform aiming to feel right for both my main scope magnifications at 1.25/2x/4x/8x. What was the best I could get was settings I got from a YouTubers and have my main ads sensitivity at 60% and main hip 100% with the advanced ads sensitivity for 1.25 at 25% 2x at 35% 4x at 65% and 8x at 100% and uniform soldier off. Also a 10% dead one.

Took some time to get used to but by far the best settings I have had. I am on console by the way so your mileage may vary

Date of registration
: May 1st 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 8:39am

Still kinda confused

So if I want hip fire to be 80% and I want ads to be 75% of that, and my coefficient is 83%. Is that right?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, May 4th 2018, 7:25pm

So if I want hip fire to be 80% and I want ads to be 75% of that, and my coefficient is 83%. Is that right?

I am not on console but let me recap that.

You want hipfire to be 80% of your current sensitivity? Simply do "current-sensitivity" x 0.8 = ... and you get your sensitivity

ADS sensitivity = Hipfire Sensitivity at 166 %

But you want ADS to be 75% of of Hipfire. Just do 166x0,75=124,5 and you should be fine.

But remember, that's for console. On PC 100% means ADS-Sens = Hipfire-Sens
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 7:38pm

I'd say more than any other problem, the broken/ inconsistent turret sensitivities as well as just the general fact that sticky assist is mandatory as infantry but an active hindrance when using any vehicle/ turret has killed this game for me. I really hope they get this crap sorted by the next game. Just give us an option to turn off aim assist for vehicles, and another option to match vehicle sensitivity to infantry sensitivity to make aiming consistent. Why are DICE always so damn lazy when it comes to their vehicles?

Date of registration
: May 1st 2018

Battlelog:

Friday, May 25th 2018, 10:15pm

I am not on console but let me recap that.

You want hipfire to be 80% of your current sensitivity? Simply do "current-sensitivity" x 0.8 = ... and you get your sensitivity

ADS sensitivity = Hipfire Sensitivity at 166 %

But you want ADS to be 75% of of Hipfire. Just do 166x0,75=124,5 and you should be fine.

But remember, that's for console. On PC 100% means ADS-Sens = Hipfire-Sens
So does changing Usa to on and having my fov 74(90) alter this formula or?