Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Location: Where the Wild Things Are...let the royal rumpus start!

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 5:35am

PM sent. All I can say is wow. Since 99% of games give you almost no control over your controls (pun intended), I took the rare opportunity that Battlefield 1 presents console players in one of the most in depth advanced control settings customization menus I have ever seen and try to finally try to take my control finesse from a feral squirrel who is on both a PCP and meth binge to that of the same squirrel who now has brain damage but is able to climb the base of trees again lmao

It gives me hope to know that my attempts at tackling these settings with results so completely counter and seemingly arbitrary to what I was striving to achieve isn't JUST my lack of fine motor skills. This is the first weekend in a long time I am going to take an hour or two to play BF1 and can't wait to use this thread tackle the control settings on XBox X and, dare I say it, pwn some noobs. I say that slightly tongue in cheek but also it would be great for a change to feel competent at the game and turn the tables, being the "tea bag"er, not just the "tea bag"ee ;)

Will post to confirm similar findings :)

Are you playing on a TV or Monitor and what display size? What controller are you using with or without modifications or accessories like thumbstick extenders?

Date of registration
: May 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 5:46am

sid_tai is right about the 360 rotation

I am on PC and i tested with the 100% ADS sens. and at 166% ADS sens. The 100% is exactly a 1:1 scale.Works perfect. HOWEVER,when i put it at 166% my hip was 360 degrees and my 1x was a whopping 630 degrees.

@BleedingUranium. I am hoping that the FOV discrepancy that you have discovered still applies to the PC version of bf1 as i changed all that stuff.hahaha

Uniform aiming does NOT make your 360 uniform across FOVs/zoom levels. It attempts to make the pixels traveled on screen equal for all zoom levels.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 10:16am

Have you tested horizontal and vertical sensitivity? A while ago I tested that and here is what I found:

[PS4, varying sensitivity, 100% ADS sens, USA on, 100% coefficient]

- When hip-firing the vertical sensitivity is 67% 60% of the horizontal sensitivity.

- When ADSing both the vertical sensitivity and horizontal sensitivity are 67%60% of the horizontal hip-fire sensitivity.

What this means is that at 100% ADS sens the vertical sensitivity is at 100% but the horizontal is at 67%60% (compared to hip-fire). If you want to have 100% horizontal you have to set your ADS sens to 150% (0,67*1,5=1) 166% (0.60*1.66=~1)and then your vertical sensitivity is wrong instead.

I tweeted about this to jjju [videos included] when he was adding all those controller settings, but he didn't seem to understand the issue (yay twitter char limit).

Edit:
To add to that, BF4 had a 67% 60%(?) vertical modifier on both hip and ADS. In BF1 they added the multiplier to ADS horizontal as well, making the horizontal/vertical ADS sensitivity the same. Having them be the same might not be the worst idea, but in hip the horizontal/vertical sensitivities are still different, leading to this mess.

Also, it's controller only issue. There are no horizontal/vertical modifiers for mouse, so the 100% ADS sens is 100% there.

Edited on 14.03.18 to fix the numbers because I was finally arsed to time it correctly. Uranium was right about the numbers, I was right about the X and Y-axis inconsistency. Measured by 360s but with 1x zoom with ADS FOV scaling on so the pixel travel time doesn't matter.

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Naver36" (Mar 14th 2018, 1:59pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 4:29pm

Does this require "ADS depends on FoV" setting on?

I play with 105 or so FoV, but I have it off because I usually use iron sights with 2.0x. Massive difference in level of zoom with it on and off, makes those 200m+ iron sight shots actually possible.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 27th 2018, 5:37am

Have you tested horizontal and vertical sensitivity? A while ago I tested that and here is what I found:

- When hip-firing the vertical sensitivity is 67% of the horizontal sensitivity.

- When ADSing both the vertical sensitivity and horizontal sensitivity are 67% of the horizontal hip-fire sensitivity.

What this means is that at 100% ADS sens the vertical sensitivity is at 100% but the horizontal is at 67% (compared to hip-fire). If you want to have 100% horizontal you have to set your ADS sens to 150% (0,67*1,5=1) and then your vertical sensitivity is wrong instead.

I tweeted about this to jjju [videos included] when he was adding all those controller settings, but he didn't seem to understand the issue (yay twitter char limit).

Edit:
To add to that, BF4 had a 67% vertical modifier on both hip and ADS. In BF1 they added the multiplier to ADS horizontal as well, making the horizontal/vertical ADS sensitivity the same. Having them be the same might not be the worst idea, but in hip the horizontal/vertical sensitivities are still different, leading to this mess.

Also, it's controller only issue. There are no horizontal/vertical modifiers for mouse, so the 100% ADS sens is 100% there.

Let me guess, you're testing this by comparing 360 distances/times? Totally worthless. Equal 360 degree traverse does NOT equal uniform sensitivity.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 27th 2018, 4:29pm

Quoted

- When hip-firing the vertical sensitivity is 67% of the horizontal sensitivity.

- When ADSing both the vertical sensitivity and horizontal sensitivity are 67% of the horizontal hip-fire sensitivity.

What this means is that at 100% ADS sens the vertical sensitivity is at 100% but the horizontal is at 67% (compared to hip-fire). If you want to have 100% horizontal you have to set your ADS sens to 150% (0,67*1,5=1) and then your vertical sensitivity is wrong instead.

Edit:
To add to that, BF4 had a 67% vertical modifier on both hip and ADS. In BF1 they added the multiplier to ADS horizontal as well, making the horizontal/vertical ADS sensitivity the same. Having them be the same might not be the worst idea, but in hip the horizontal/vertical sensitivities are still different, leading to this mess.

Let me guess, you're testing this by comparing 360 distances/times? Totally worthless. Equal 360 degree traverse does NOT equal uniform sensitivity.
Elaborate then on what are the unaccounted for variables or data points and how OP's findings are skewed. The suggested corrections to the settings have corrected my controller behavior to such a significant amount that I can find no major faults or corrections to offer.
Understand, I'm not being contentious or challenging of your statement but without you elaborating as to why or what your basing your statement on, it doesn't help whatsoever in the goal.
Such an unambiguous denouncement is strong and out of place language considering the syntax and context.
If his approach has created the significant improvement when I apply it to my gameplay, then his process can't be completely wrong as such a coincidence in validity would be impossibly random given all the variables.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 27th 2018, 4:31pm

OP can you please post all applicable screenshots of your settings in menus and submenus?

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, January 27th 2018, 9:21pm

Are you playing on a TV or Monitor and what display size? What controller are you using with or without modifications or accessories like thumbstick extenders?

Standard 1080p / 16:9 monitor, standard controller.

Edit:

Well that sucks. And also explains why using guns in hipfire has always felt terrible. Let me double-check my tests on ADS sens here; I'd consider matching horizontal more important, since you always use it a lot more, for both looking and aiming.

Elaborate then on what are the unaccounted for variables or data points and how OP's findings are skewed. The suggested corrections to the settings have corrected my controller behavior to such a significant amount that I can find no major faults or corrections to offer.
Understand, I'm not being contentious or challenging of your statement but without you elaborating as to why or what your basing your statement on, it doesn't help whatsoever in the goal.
Such an unambiguous denouncement is strong and out of place language considering the syntax and context.
If his approach has created the significant improvement when I apply it to my gameplay, then his process can't be completely wrong as such a coincidence in validity would be impossibly random given all the variables.

Well said. I'm gonna need something more than a snarky reply to convince me my findings are not valid, when they've demonstrably improved things drastically for multiple people.

OP can you please post all applicable screenshots of your settings in menus and submenus?

Will do, give me a sec.
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, January 27th 2018, 10:40pm

Updated OP with images.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 4:34am

Quoted

Edit:

Wow such vocab for having such a hard time understanding the most basic concepts of how uniform aiming works: your 360 distance/time is NOT uniform. It attempts the equalize the number of pixels traveled on screen for X amount of control input at all zoom levels. Testing based on degrees traversed is a totally flawed method, end of story and if you can't understand that read through this till you have a grasp of what USA does: Important Guide to U - Forums - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4