Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 10:36pm

Thoughts on RSC Factory vs Optical version?

I've mainly used the factory because I prefer iron sights, and the iron sights on the RSC are pretty damn good as well. I've noticed however that firing at full RoF outside of closer distances even when controlling recoil correctly is somewhat inconsistent.

Optical gives you a boost at long-range double tapping (min spread) as well as a boost to moving spread. With the recoil buff, I find it a joy to use but not overpowered. Factory variant is not as good at using its full range potential.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 5th 2018, 4:24pm

This is the best rating on this Forum

Date of registration

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 6:35pm

This is the best rating on this Forum

Updated for Apocalypse.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 7:07am

Best all-around weapons
1. RSC Factory
2. M1907 SL Factory

Im trying to read these technical charts but my neanderthal brain isnt letting me understand them. What made the m1907 factory such a top tier gun all of a sudden post patch?
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 7:33am

It’s 100% the substantial range boost, though the spread buffs helped it more than they helped others too. Before, it was still good but not top-tier. Now, it’s very very capable.

Of all the SLRs, I think the M1907, Howell/F-H, and Cei-Rigotti are the most well-rounded.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Feb 24th 2018, 2:27pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 26th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 26th 2018, 11:37pm

There is something about the Howell Factory that really hits my sweet spot, even in its currently bugged form. Its quickly becoming my favorite gun, in less than a week! Some combination of the bipod, AA sights, and looks have won me over.

Date of registration

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 4:53pm

Updated original post to fix errors in Howell capacity and bullet velocity.

There is something about the Howell Factory that really hits my sweet spot, even in its currently bugged form. Its quickly becoming my favorite gun, in less than a week! Some combination of the bipod, AA sights, and looks have won me over.

Agreed - I really like it. I suspect it's a combination of the open sights (prefer optical to factory for that reason), more recoil decrease and less overall recoil plus faster ADS speed than the F-H Optical, and the bonus bipod functionality.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Feb 27th 2018, 5:14pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 26th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 7:57am

I notice you bumped the Howell up to #5 postion. What was the reason?

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 9:38am

One thing I wish they would of done to mix up the 3HK slrs is make the mondragon 7mm mauser like the real one was. very few were changed to 8mm. most were kept in 7mm and fired a boat tail low drag projectile at 750m/s. the remainder 8mm mauser rifles could get a min damage increase to 38 while the 7mm mondragon is kept at 35. in return, the mondragon could of had a decrease in H recoil to a lower value and a Vrecoil decrease to 0.8 like the cei rigotti. it would of diversified the rifles a bit.

In regards to the m1907 factory, Its probably the best within 52/53 meters. past that it is second worse to the model 8 .25 extended. The only reason it is better is because the 23 damage means one headshot plus three body shots is a kill whereas the auto 8 extended is 21 and does not benefit from headshots like the m1907. past the four shot kill range, the m1907 becomes more progressively miserable to use because of the high Hrecoil and the slow bullet travel time compared to other SLRs. That being said, the factory m1907 is the only usable variant of the m1907 at range thanks in part to the miserable Hrecoil being mitigated by the faster recoil center speed of the factory. However, even with 17 service stars with the factory, I will say the H recoil is annoying if you start to get spammy with it at a distance. I never really understood why a semi auto rifle with the same minimum damage as a LMG at range has such miserable Hrecoil. high center speed or not. I rest my case however. I still love the m1907 factory for its fast reload, classic look, good headshot potential and great mid range performance.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 6:41pm

I notice you bumped the Howell up to #5 postion. What was the reason?

Bug fixes. It was accidentally considering 20-1 bullets instead of 20+1. It was also using the wrong bullet velocity (see notes in original post).