Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "frimincoffee" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 5:49pm

The most important factor of each gun

TTK, BTK, Capacity, Recoil, Spread, Sweet Spot...
I believe it depends on playstyle but sometimes I want to hear another opinion.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 9th 2018, 10:24pm

This is a really broad question - not sure how to answer it. Anything in particular you are thinking about?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Jan 10th 2018, 12:17am)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 10:53pm

Isnt it more which situation requires what type of weapon and then the follow up question, which is the best of these for the situation ?

At least thats the question I understand, but I cannot even answer that, Sorry :(

Would be a large task to think of all possible situations and then pick the right weapon for that, but dont forget that map design also influences the choice.

I would say, this my boi, this choice makes Battlefield so great. You have to think for yourself and make a decision based on the information you have. This is part of the learning curve and also part of the fun.

But yeah, large words from me, but I cannot answer it myself, coz I suck at this game anyway XD
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2017

Location: Where the Wild Things Are...let the royal rumpus start!

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 22nd 2018, 7:05am

Perhaps it is because of my exhaustive real world trigger time with many platforms and variations on firearms but I think I get what your asking; it certainly isn't because I am any good at the digital versions of such as the smg bullet hoses :).

The first thing that trumps everything else to a disproportionate extent is the site picture. I always reflexively ADS whether it suits the combat or not which I am trying to break myself from doing. Until, I can though target acquisition is more important to me than probably most players and I cannot use some rifles like the Madsen (top mounted magazine eclipsing half the screen) and, the one I want to like the most, the Selbstlader 1906. I know the Selbstlader 1906 was early on a favorite of many medics but I can't consistently do any good with it. Obviously, the TTk should be the most important factor but it never has had the impact on my gameplay that it should in terms of hard data.

If I had to pick the one stat that immediately perks my interest and whether I stick with a gun or not is the rate of fire/recoil relationship of the weapon. For example, this is what sticks out the most for me about the MG15 (I prefer the low weight variant) because regardless of what is going on around me or the intensity of the action, the frankly vanilla, middle of the road rhythm of the MG15 is something that I can always be consistent with. It is in stark contrast to the BAR which most people adore when they play support and I enjoy the BAR a lot especially since one of my favorite personal weapons that I own is a BAR platform but hyper accurized, semi-auto of course and modernized in terms of ergonomics and materials used (synthetic fully adjustable buttstock vs the wooden one of the original). However, I find the high ROF of the BAR coupled with a tiny 20 round magazine to be a liability because if there is a lot going on or a close quarters combat situation and I do a panic burst and miss with the first ten rounds then if I am able to get back on target and take down the original opponent I hope like hell he didn't have a squad mate because I have to now reload(crazy that a full auto rifle has that and is one of the complaints I have about the BAR I own in that it is impractical for many bench shooting setups which is its primary use given it is modified in terms of being as accurate as possible and it's 10 lb plus weight unloaded means it isn't something one can accurately shoot while standing before fatigue sets in).

In regards to the scout rifles, I play fairly aggressively and don't play enough to know the maps and the engagement distances well enough to use the sweet spot to my advantage. Also, I am always going to be aiming center mass (another real world habit I can't stop in gaming) so I will usually need a follow up shot. For that reason, I love the G95 with it's straight bolt and not having to break your sight picture while your cambering another round for a lined up follow up shot. Apropos, this is a pet peeve of mine because with just a little training, the scout rifles with the traditional curved bolt handle do not require the shooter to break up their sight picture as the player does in game with a heavily exaggerated animation when cambering another round....that and how the Martini Henry isn't as representative in game as the ridiculously powerful big game hunting gun that it's real world counterpart was (yes, I know it is one of the most devastating guns in the game and that it would be a balancing issue to make it any crazier)... for God's sakes, one famous sportsman of the era(name escapes me) used the Martini Henry successfully to take down all of Africa's big 5 game animals... the bullet themselves were not jacketed and quite soft so admittedly not ideal for elephants due to their thick hides BUT, not to get too morbid here, were absolutely devastating on men. I saw photos from a medical textbook regarding wartime triage and those haunting images are what have fueled this admitted rant of a pet peeve.

Sorry for going of the tracks there but I hope some of that answers your question OP. I was planning on giving you a few more examples but now I am thinking about the Martini Henry' and the inhumane devastation it's 400 grain bullet (nearly 1 ounce of lead) did on men and I am out of the mood. We still are terrible societies but at least we're being a little kinder in our modern war devices on the bright side of things? :bestgun:

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2017

Location: Where the Wild Things Are...let the royal rumpus start!

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, January 26th 2018, 7:53am

Not one member criticized my post for being too wordy/stream of thought and I actually got rep for my post?! I love this forum lol . After a negative posting experience on slickdeals today, this forum never ceases to impress me.

OP did I get towards what you're asking?

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 12th 2018, 6:11pm

As oddly as it sounds, I very rarely select weapons based on stats; I go by feel alone. If I'm having a lot of trouble getting kills with something, then I'll check symthic to pinpoint what I'm doing wrong...

But I guess if you had to choose ONE stat, rate of fire rarely steers you wrong.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, February 12th 2018, 10:38pm

TTK then accuracy for me. The auto loading 8 marksman used to be amazing only losing the ttk battle in 22ish meters to the automatico and shot guns. That gun saved me a bunch of deaths from hellriegel and BAR users on console because I turned off auto rotate in order to try and improve. Now unless I need the 2.5x I use the RSC for mid to long or auto extended for close. I used to love the hill rifle but not as much after the ttk update.

Accuracy second because if I die it's probably because I missed and it makes blaming the other guy or his weapon harder.

Ttk and accuracy do have to be similarly good but never one over the other for me. For example to me the obrez is a strange gun. Even with 44% accuracy I don't feel I'm good enough to use it because for me the gun just doesn't feel right.

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2018

Battlelog:

Friday, February 16th 2018, 11:59am

I think all of these things are important.