Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 3:37pm

Quoted

The Spread Increase on the M1907 is probably what always bothered me most about it, though after about a year of almost never touching it (and never enjoying it), when I did the kills with the Trench for the TT assignment, I was very surprised that I actually really loved it. I definitely expected the rebalance buffs to greatly benefit something like the M1907, so that's good to hear.
The key to using the M1907 is to tap at the optimal rate beyond close range. 257rpm 4BTK for close-medium is not shabby at all for a CQC weapon. The factory variant is my go-to on Shotgun Forest.

Also, how will they change the damage model for M1907?

Just the benefit of better SIPS should help it immensely.

Your optimal rate of fire numbers feel way too low. With recoil decrease, that’s slower than your total reset based on my numbers.

UPDATE: (@sid_tai)
Ran a calculation for recoil decrease. I was actually quite harsh - requirements are to stay within the middle half of a hitbox at 100 m. Recoil settling RPMs for average h-recs are:

Selb 1916 Factory: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
Selb 1916 Optical: 163 RPM

Mondragon Storm: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
Mondragon Optical: 180 RPM

F-H Storm: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
F-H Optical: 225 RPM (Spread limited)

If you drop the requirements to even 75 m, you are always spread-limited.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Jan 6th 2018, 7:42pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, January 7th 2018, 5:54am

Quoted

Quoted

The Spread Increase on the M1907 is probably what always bothered me most about it, though after about a year of almost never touching it (and never enjoying it), when I did the kills with the Trench for the TT assignment, I was very surprised that I actually really loved it. I definitely expected the rebalance buffs to greatly benefit something like the M1907, so that's good to hear.
The key to using the M1907 is to tap at the optimal rate beyond close range. 257rpm 4BTK for close-medium is not shabby at all for a CQC weapon. The factory variant is my go-to on Shotgun Forest.

Also, how will they change the damage model for M1907?

Just the benefit of better SIPS should help it immensely.

Your optimal rate of fire numbers feel way too low. With recoil decrease, that’s slower than your total reset based on my numbers.

UPDATE: (@sid_tai)
Ran a calculation for recoil decrease. I was actually quite harsh - requirements are to stay within the middle half of a hitbox at 100 m. Recoil settling RPMs for average h-recs are:

Selb 1916 Factory: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
Selb 1916 Optical: 163 RPM

Mondragon Storm: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
Mondragon Optical: 180 RPM

F-H Storm: 200 RPM (Spread limited)
F-H Optical: 225 RPM (Spread limited)

If you drop the requirements to even 75 m, you are always spread-limited.
Thanks for the numbers, I wonder what I am doing wrong. When I try to push past my stated RPM, my shots will be off horizontally. Have you tried empirically test them?

Date of registration

Sunday, January 7th 2018, 6:45am

@sid_tai
I mean the best practice would be aim at a friend center mass, fire a bunch of shots, record the videos, and start counting frames. I think explicitly estimating the recoil decrease though is the next best thing, and honestly these findings align with my personal experience. Tomorrow I’ll check the RSC. My initial impression is that the RSC, 1907, and C-R need HRec buffs. I would like to see all SLRs get HRec buffs, but to me, those are the worst offenders.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, January 7th 2018, 5:35pm

I dont notice a single difference between Optical and Factory RSC in terms of recoil.

Date of registration

Sunday, January 7th 2018, 10:18pm

I dont notice a single difference between Optical and Factory RSC in terms of recoil.

I too don’t really notice it - but - I think the reason I don’t notice on the RSC is that the fire rate is slow enough where I can adjust my aim. For the F-H Optical, the recoil is just not too punishing in terms of magnitude.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 6:03pm

I too don’t really notice it - but - I think the reason I don’t notice on the RSC is that the fire rate is slow enough where I can adjust my aim. For the F-H Optical, the recoil is just not too punishing in terms of magnitude.

From your first post in this thread, have your medic weapons rankings changed at all, with newer updates to the CTE/TTK?
I thought the RSC would be a lot higher up on the list. Happy to see the Federov up there though!

Date of registration

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 7:19pm

From your first post in this thread, have your medic weapons rankings changed at all, with newer updates to the CTE/TTK?
I thought the RSC would be a lot higher up on the list. Happy to see the Federov up there though!

After feedback from the community, namely @Skanic, @_St0rm, and @sid_tai, I am implementing a slightly modified effective TTK methodology - I will take the minimum TTK of a weapon given two cases: max fire rate and optimal fire rate. I have already incorporated these modifications into my current algorithm and rerun the results. Rather than repost everything here (would be super messy because I am at the attachment limit), I will instead run a projected TTK patch scoring in a new thread.

A sneak peak of the new algorithm:

Overall score for current retail stats:
1) Autoloading 8 .35 Marksman/Factory
2) Cei-Rigotti Optical
3) M1907 Factory
4) Farquhar-Hill Optical
5) Chauchat LW (single fire mode)
6) RSC Optical
7) Fedorov Avtomat Optical (full auto/single fire - range dependent)
8) Selbstlader 1916 Optical
------
HM A) Autoloading 8 .25 Extended
HM B) Cei-Rigotti Factory
HM C) Selbstlader 1906 Factory