Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 5th 2018, 2:06am

You should absolutely ditch the M1907 for the AL 8s, Fedorov Optical, or Cei-Rigotti if you really want to focus on CQB. All of these statistics are for RETAIL right now, but I have included some speculation about future CTE updates in my post.
I've been using the Fedorov (both variants) extensively, and recently started using M1907 Factory, and I find the 1907 Factory to reward good aim more (double tap with headshot+bodyshot in CQB) and to overall be more consistent than the Fedorov when aimed down sights at close ranges (around 10 to 30m mark, where most of my engagements happen in the maps where I use these weapons). From playing both Frontlines and Domination, my experience with the M1907 has been overwhelmingly positive, and I can't find any downsides to it. It is now my go-to over the fedorov (after 32 stars with optical and 14 with trench, with over 3.6 KPm on both) I am completely making the switch to the 1907 Factory.

In my opinion, the higher your accuracy is, the more rewarding the 1907 becomes with its lower BTK. It is especially notorious when ADSed at medium ish ranges that the Fedorov Optical isn't as accurate as I'd like it to be, while the 1907 factory if tapped gently will be extremely accurate.
I would never use 1907 Sweeper or Trench however, as for hipfire I much prefer the Fedorov Trench, but for maps like Argonne, Vaux, Nivelle and Tahure I feel like the 1907 is just superior to the Fedorov Optical.
Everything can work.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, January 5th 2018, 3:11am

You should absolutely ditch the M1907 for the AL 8s, Fedorov Optical, or Cei-Rigotti if you really want to focus on CQB. All of these statistics are for RETAIL right now, but I have included some speculation about future CTE updates in my post.
I've been using the Fedorov (both variants) extensively, and recently started using M1907 Factory, and I find the 1907 Factory to reward good aim more (double tap with headshot+bodyshot in CQB) and to overall be more consistent than the Fedorov when aimed down sights at close ranges (around 10 to 30m mark, where most of my engagements happen in the maps where I use these weapons). From playing both Frontlines and Domination, my experience with the M1907 has been overwhelmingly positive, and I can't find any downsides to it. It is now my go-to over the fedorov (after 32 stars with optical and 14 with trench, with over 3.6 KPm on both) I am completely making the switch to the 1907 Factory.

In my opinion, the higher your accuracy is, the more rewarding the 1907 becomes with its lower BTK. It is especially notorious when ADSed at medium ish ranges that the Fedorov Optical isn't as accurate as I'd like it to be, while the 1907 factory if tapped gently will be extremely accurate.
I would never use 1907 Sweeper or Trench however, as for hipfire I much prefer the Fedorov Trench, but for maps like Argonne, Vaux, Nivelle and Tahure I feel like the 1907 is just superior to the Fedorov Optical.

This is meant to be a guide, and my opinions are of course just my opinions. I believe a good player can be good with any weapon, and if you are putting up 3+ KPMs, you can use whatever you want that’s effective. I too have really liked the 1907 Factory at times, and it is objectively quite good before its damage drop off regardless.

UPDATED: (@_St0rm @BleedingUranium )
Let’s call a spade a spade though - if you are accurate enough to consistently two-tap, the Cei-Rigotti Optical can two-tap to 33 m at the same RoF. The 1907 can only two-tap to 22 m. Additionally, the Cei-Rigotti Optical has better min spread, min moving spread, h and v recoil, and bullet velocity in exchange for 10 bullets. For a skilled player, that’s an excellent trade-off.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Jan 5th 2018, 4:58pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 5th 2018, 5:50pm

It all depends on the map you're playing.
Cei-Rigotti Optical is my go to weapon nowadays, but for Argonne Forest and Prise De Tahure I would never choose the Rigotti over the 1907. There are situations (maps & game modes) where the higher accuracy simply isn't beneficial to you if you can be accurate with the higher capacity weapons that perform equally good within the ranges at which fights occur in such maps.

I am a very varied player in the Medic class, after 30k kills with SLRs my most used SLR is still sitting only at 5100 kills (RSC Factory). I find that in Battlefield 1, if you are proficient enough, you can simply pick and choose the best weapon for each map without issue, and in the case of TDM/Domination I would *always* pick either 1907 or Fedorov, maybe Rigotti Optical but only very rarely. Meanwhile for Frontlines my go to is either the Rigotti Optical, RSC Optical or Autoloading 8 Marksman, all of which are good at dealing with people around the objectives and holding off enemies from getting closer.

I'm just saying this because I think recommending players to *avoid* the 1907 is a mistake, at least for the Trench and Factory variants. There really is no reason to use 1907 Sweeper now that Fedorov Trench & Optical exist, but for an accurate player the 1907 is still highly competitive, offering good damage, good ammo reserve, good enough accuracy and excellent hipfire.
Everything can work.

Date of registration

Friday, January 5th 2018, 6:50pm

Cei-Rigotti Optical is my go to weapon nowadays, but for Argonne Forest and Prise De Tahure I would never choose the Rigotti over the 1907. There are situations (maps & game modes) where the higher accuracy simply isn't beneficial to you if you can be accurate with the higher capacity weapons that perform equally good within the ranges at which fights occur in such maps.

I think we generally agree.

I'm just saying this because I think recommending players to *avoid* the 1907 is a mistake, at least for the Trench and Factory variants. There really is no reason to use 1907 Sweeper now that Fedorov Trench & Optical exist, but for an accurate player the 1907 is still highly competitive, offering good damage, good ammo reserve, good enough accuracy and excellent hipfire.

Accurate players in the BF1 sandbox will be good with any weapon, particularly on PC. At the end of the day, one can try out other weapons based on the above simulations or not - the choice is the reader's.

For fun, here is a figure I made just for you.
InterimAegis has attached the following file:
  • CQC.png (470.71 kB - 10 times downloaded - latest: Jan 12th 2018, 9:03am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 5th 2018, 8:37pm

I mostly decided to check out this thread and reply because I like to see if the numbers agree or not with my pesonal preferences, feelings and biases, and as of this thread this is the most "accurate" BF1 SLR ranking I've seen.
From personal experience, while not impossible, obtaining a high KPM with weapons like the Model 8 .35 is pretty hard, so I still find it odd that it always makes its way to the top of all the rankings. I would much sooner say the Cei-Rigotti Optical is "The Gun" you should be looking at as the "best" as far as one can attribute the crown of best SLR in this game.

So, to recap, congratulations on this very well thought out ranking. I expect to see even more fleshing out in the future, especially with the TTK shift coming soon (I suspect the 1907 Factory will rank higher than it currently does, for anyone who has tested it on the CTE, the accuracy is quite impressive).
Everything can work.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, January 5th 2018, 8:52pm

The Spread Increase on the M1907 is probably what always bothered me most about it, though after about a year of almost never touching it (and never enjoying it), when I did the kills with the Trench for the TT assignment, I was very surprised that I actually really loved it. I definitely expected the rebalance buffs to greatly benefit something like the M1907, so that's good to hear.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Friday, January 5th 2018, 9:07pm

So, to recap, congratulations on this very well thought out ranking. I expect to see even more fleshing out in the future, especially with the TTK shift coming soon (I suspect the 1907 Factory will rank higher than it currently does, for anyone who has tested it on the CTE, the accuracy is quite impressive).

I appreciate the positive feedback. I agree that the 1907 will be better - in fact, you have inspired me to test it again on the CTE when I get a chance.

From personal experience, while not impossible, obtaining a high KPM with weapons like the Model 8 .35 is pretty hard, so I still find it odd that it always makes its way to the top of all the rankings. I would much sooner say the Cei-Rigotti Optical is "The Gun" you should be looking at as the "best" as far as one can attribute the crown of best SLR in this game.

It is all about TTK. The AL8 .35 Factory to me is the best 1v1 weapon in the game, and I think that is a fairly objective opinion. I too struggle to get high KPMs with it, but I am really effective with it when I can control my engagement frequency. I really really like the C-R Optical and the F-H Optical these days.

Since we are talking about CQB, I just ran a couple quick scenarios only considering performance under 37 m, listing only the best variant unless they are close. I previously used a 2/3 TTK and 1/3 KPR split because you can't kill 5 enemies if you don't kill the first one and so on effectively, but I also ran a quick 50-50 split too.

For <37 m, if you decide:

• TTK is twice as important as KPR:
    1. Fedorov Avtomat Optical
    2. Autoloading 8 .35 Marksman/Factory
    3. Cei-Rigotti Optical
    4. M1907 Factory
    5. RSC Optical
    6. Farquhar-Hill Optical

• TTK is equally as important as KPR:
    1. Fedorov Avtomat Optical
    2. M1907 Factory
    3. Farqhuar-Hill Optical
    4. Selbstlader 1916 Optical
    5. Cei-Rigotti Optical
    6. C96 Trench (Assault)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Jan 5th 2018, 9:20pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 1:30pm

Quoted

Thanks for the graphs. I should have been more specific, but I am looking for the effective TTK graph for not moving. But from the composite graph, the M1916 and Mondragon both score high in the 30-60m range, which is the engagement range for my own playstyle. And not surprisingly, my go-to SLRs are M1916 factory and Mondragon storm.

Here they are. I wanted to include them but was limited to only 5 attachments.

The Selb. 1916 Factory and Mondragon Storm are the worst of their variants.

The Mondragon Optical does just fine at long range moving and not moving. Not moving, the Mondragon Storm performs the same as the Selbstlader 1916 Optical and the Cei-Rigotti Optical (despite damage model). The Mondragon Optical has a ~700 ms better effective TTK than its Storm counterpart at 75 m not moving; at 60 m, the difference is something like 350 ms. Moving, it is just about tied with the Cei-Rigotti Optical. Basically, use the Cei-Rigotti Optical and not the Mondragon Storm if you want to lower your recoil.

As for the Selb. Factory (not moving), you are giving back almost 500 ms at 60 m compared to the Selb. Optical. That minimum spread and smaller SIPS really really make a difference.
Not going to dispute you on that because thats hard, solid data, but in my own firing pattern it differs quite a bit.

I have done my own testing in an empty Amiens server, trying to aim at head glitching positions on window sills at medium range. My accurate firing rates are as follows:

Mondragon/FH Storm: 179rpm
Mondragon/FH Optical: 163rpm
M1916 Factory: 171rpm
M1916 Optical: 157rpm

I determined the fire rates by comparing with max fire rates of pistols by spamming them, namely Mars, Gasser hip fire and No.3 hip fire. The fire rates for M1916 Factory and Optical are half a step above and below that of No.3 hip respectively.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 1:36pm

Quoted

I have been using M1907 factory on and off since launch, and I do not get why people are not using it. It is consistent in close-medium range and it is workable in medium range if you can land 1 or 2 headshots. Definitely a gem, with the flexibility of a mag reload.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 6th 2018, 1:45pm

Quoted

The Spread Increase on the M1907 is probably what always bothered me most about it, though after about a year of almost never touching it (and never enjoying it), when I did the kills with the Trench for the TT assignment, I was very surprised that I actually really loved it. I definitely expected the rebalance buffs to greatly benefit something like the M1907, so that's good to hear.
The key to using the M1907 is to tap at the optimal rate beyond close range. 257rpm 4BTK for close-medium is not shabby at all for a CQC weapon. The factory variant is my go-to on Shotgun Forest.

Also, how will they change the damage model for M1907?