Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "RangerOfDanger" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 16th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 7:39pm

At first I had dismissed the Farquhar as another M1916. Now I actually have a weapon to be excited for in the next DLC.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 8:49pm

Assault - Hellriegel, Model 10
Medic - M1916 Marksman, Fedorov/1907
Support - MG14, Madsen , BAR Storm, Chauchat
Scout - SMLE Marksman, M 95 Marksman , Lebel Sniper

Those are the most versatile weapons of each class

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 11:41pm

We must have vastly different play styles. I think the 1916 is really lousy. Same with the Chauchat and any marksman variant that could be used with a lens instead.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, December 3rd 2017, 11:59pm

Would adding DLC weapons change your list at all?

If I were to pick only a single gun for each class, probably not. I'd say the most versatile guns are already in vanilla Battlefield 1. Although, there are some really strong contenders in the DLCs. The Ribeyrolles (Assault) is great for most ranges, the RSC 1917 (Medic) can hold its own, the Fedorov Avtomat (Medic) is basically an even more accessible M1907 SL Sweeper, the MG 14/17 (Support) shreds at close range and can still reach quite far out via its bipod, and the Lebel 1886 (Scout) is basically a faster firing SMLE MKIII with a crappy reload (it balances out). Personally, I enjoy using everything. Well, everything that isn't garbage anyways. *Cough.* M1903 Experimental. *Cough.*

• "RangerOfDanger" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 16th 2017

Monday, December 4th 2017, 12:15am

We must have vastly different play styles. I think the 1916 is really lousy. Same with the Chauchat and any marksman variant that could be used with a lens instead.

I agree, the 1916 and Chauchat are only really good at long and short ranges respectively. Not my definition of versatile.

Date of registration

Monday, December 4th 2017, 12:52am

If I were to pick only a single gun for each class, probably not. I'd say the most versatile guns are already in vanilla Battlefield 1. Although, there are some really strong contenders in the DLCs. The Ribeyrolles (Assault) is great for most ranges, the RSC 1917 (Medic) can hold its own, the Fedorov Avtomat (Medic) is basically an even more accessible M1907 SL Sweeper, the MG 14/17 (Support) shreds at close range and can still reach quite far out via its bipod, and the Lebel 1886 (Scout) is basically a faster firing SMLE MKIII with a crappy reload (it balances out). Personally, I enjoy using everything. Well, everything that isn't garbage anyways. *Cough.* M1903 Experimental. *Cough.*

I think you will find the new F-H Optical to be a serious contender. It will be pretty easy to use, moderately effective at all ranges, with no serious drawbacks (unlike the RSC).

I agree and think the Ribeyrolles is the single most versatile assault weapon, by virtue of having 1) controllable recoil, 2) a reasonable TTK, 3) a bipod to extend range, and 4) a more generous damage model than other SMGs. It's my favorite and go-to assault weapon.

Don't sleep on the Carcano either - at close range, it is a faster firing G95 with better bullet velocity. Drawback is definitely the low damage over 42 m (no longer 75+ for assist as kill). The Arisaka could give the SMLE a run for it's money too, with a similar RoF and a closer sweet spot.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Monday, December 4th 2017, 3:35am

The M1916 Marksman is good because it has better sips than the Mondragon which lets you deal easier with snipers.
Its why In my opinion the .35 Factory is bad compared to the Marksman variant. And the Mondragon Optical is useless because of the sight sway when ads.
The Chauchat is nice for close quarters and usable at medium range like a dmr.

I would ofc rate the 1907 higher than the M1916 in terms of Versatillity . Because you can actually 2 hit kill people up to aprox 21 Meters.

Also I would disagree that the Cei Rigotti is versatile as it has a way to long reload and a lousy 3 head shot or maybe more? to kill.

The only optical variant that I can reliably use for some reason is the Fedorov Optical.

Date of registration

Monday, December 4th 2017, 4:10pm

Also I would disagree that the Cei Rigotti is versatile as it has a way to long reload and a lousy 3 head shot or maybe more? to kill.

The only optical variant that I can reliably use for some reason is the Fedorov Optical.

The M1916 Marksman is good because it has better sips than the Mondragon which lets you deal easier with snipers.
Its why In my opinion the .35 Factory is bad compared to the Marksman variant. And the Mondragon Optical is useless because of the sight sway when ads.
The Chauchat is nice for close quarters and usable at medium range like a dmr.

I would ofc rate the 1907 higher than the M1916 in terms of Versatillity . Because you can actually 2 hit kill people up to aprox 21 Meters.

Interesting - I find myself unable to use anything that isnít an Optical on Medic. The marksman zoom is far too high, and the Optical sway drops significantly if you run a CQC loadout at 1.5x or a long-range loadout at 2.0x. I would avoid 2.5x at all costs for the reason you mentioned above. Furthermore, the spread bonuses of the Optical variant makes the storm and factory variants clear downgrades.

C-R is 3-4 BTK center mass, by the way. Yes, two head shots wonít kill over 37 m, but one headshot makes it always 3 BTK at all ranges. I use it when playing maps with constant movement (e.g. Amiens) because it has the bullpup mod for improved moving spread (so does the Fedorov and M1907).

Finally, I find the TTK of the 1916 and the 1907 (over 27 m) just far too slow to remain competitive. I ran to 10 SS with the 1916 and it think 6 SS with the 1907 Factory before I permanently made the switch to the trio of Mondragon / RSC / C-R Opticals in order of decreasing range and more mobility.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Monday, December 4th 2017, 6:52pm

assault: MP18, either of the slugs
medic: Cei-Rigotti, Fedorov/1907
support: Maden, Chauchat

I'm not much on scout so I don't have much of an opinion on choices there.

Date of registration

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 7:49pm

support: Maden, Chauchat

Based on my spread analysis this morning, I would now say for Support: Huot, BAR, Madsen, and Parabellum (LW only). See: Some interesting facts about the new Turning Tides weapons.