Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 2:16am

So use the bipod.

The LMG is supposed to have the advantage after setting up and finishing their wind-up.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it diesô.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 2:43am

So use the bipod.

The LMG is supposed to have the advantage after setting up and finishing their wind-up.
Yup, which also makes LMG un-fun to play, at least for me.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 6:24am

Turning Tides Spread Evaluation:

Okay here is the story of the Browning 1917. As far as I know, we have historically evaluated spread per bullet fairly consistently. However, I think a slightly different method yields more practical results: spread as a function of time.

First, attached is what spread looks like per bullet number for all Support weapons, including the new Browning. Variant is coded by symbol, weapon by color. This doesn't give us that much information - we already know the Huot has the best spread profile and the suppressive variants (P14, MG15 in particular) have some of the worst.

I would argue, however, that the amount of game time required to zero in on your target is much more significant than the number of rounds required to decrease your spread. For one, your target will then be aware of you, starting the clock on winning your engagement. So let's move to the second figure, which is spread as a function of time in seconds. Now, we see that the BAR, the Parabellum 14 LW, the Huot, and the Madsen are all on the lefthand side of that downslope. They return to their base spread very quickly in game time, though through different functions - the P14 is only there because its RoF is so high that you can waste bullets to return to minimum spread very quickly, the BAR and Madsen because they are a nice combination of low spread and high RoF, and the Huot because it has best in class spread characteristics.

All of this to give you the Turning Tides takeaway: the new Browning is absolute garbage in terms of spread unless you plan on firing for longer than one full second. Instead, try the BAR, the Parabellum LW, the Huot, and the Madsen to reduce random deviation and let your LMG skill shine through.

I've been kicking ass with the Browning (Tele). My buddy, who's way more skilled than me also loves it (LW), and is averaging 3.1 KPM over 700 kills or so. In comparison, his BAR Storm is 2.4 KPM over 33,000 kills. Same accuracy for both, 29%.

So I don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be (not arguing with your stats and graphs, but it's real-world performance seems decent). Although, most of my shooting is done on the bipod, which maybe bypasses the spread increase? Did that bipod change ever go live in retail?

I'm surprised to see the Browning Tele variant having even lower minspread than the Benet Tele, I'd have guessed it to be a bit higher, like .16. I do wish the FSRM was a bit lower, as I love to use the Benet Tele like a DMR at very long range on the bipod. It still works with the Browning, you just have to shoot a bit slower.

Anyone else loving the Browning? I've been dying for a big ammo Tele variant since the game came out, and DICE finally delivered. Also, this gun is gorgeous with that wood hopper hanging off the side.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Dec 14th 2017, 6:29am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 6:55am

I've been dying for a big ammo Tele variant since the game came out, and DICE finally delivered.

As have I, especially since of the three existing Teles, only one is actually long range while the other two are CQB-ish MGs trying to be DMRs, and all are machine rifles with low (for MGs) capacity.

Sounds like I'm going to love the M1917 Tele as much as I hoped I would! One of my favourite MGs in BF4 was the QJY-88 with a 4x scope; endless ammo, max zoom, and bipod accuracy. :thumbup:
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 3:19pm

Turning Tides Spread Evaluation:

Okay here is the story of the Browning 1917. As far as I know, we have historically evaluated spread per bullet fairly consistently. However, I think a slightly different method yields more practical results: spread as a function of time.

First, attached is what spread looks like per bullet number for all Support weapons, including the new Browning. Variant is coded by symbol, weapon by color. This doesn't give us that much information - we already know the Huot has the best spread profile and the suppressive variants (P14, MG15 in particular) have some of the worst.

I would argue, however, that the amount of game time required to zero in on your target is much more significant than the number of rounds required to decrease your spread. For one, your target will then be aware of you, starting the clock on winning your engagement. So let's move to the second figure, which is spread as a function of time in seconds. Now, we see that the BAR, the Parabellum 14 LW, the Huot, and the Madsen are all on the lefthand side of that downslope. They return to their base spread very quickly in game time, though through different functions - the P14 is only there because its RoF is so high that you can waste bullets to return to minimum spread very quickly, the BAR and Madsen because they are a nice combination of low spread and high RoF, and the Huot because it has best in class spread characteristics.

All of this to give you the Turning Tides takeaway: the new Browning is absolute garbage in terms of spread unless you plan on firing for longer than one full second. Instead, try the BAR, the Parabellum LW, the Huot, and the Madsen to reduce random deviation and let your LMG skill shine through.

I've been kicking ass with the Browning (Tele). My buddy, who's way more skilled than me also loves it (LW), and is averaging 3.1 KPM over 700 kills or so. In comparison, his BAR Storm is 2.4 KPM over 33,000 kills. Same accuracy for both, 29%.

So I don't think it's quite as bad as you make it out to be (not arguing with your stats and graphs, but it's real-world performance seems decent). Although, most of my shooting is done on the bipod, which maybe bypasses the spread increase? Did that bipod change ever go live in retail?

I'm surprised to see the Browning Tele variant having even lower minspread than the Benet Tele, I'd have guessed it to be a bit higher, like .16. I do wish the FSRM was a bit lower, as I love to use the Benet Tele like a DMR at very long range on the bipod. It still works with the Browning, you just have to shoot a bit slower.

Anyone else loving the Browning? I've been dying for a big ammo Tele variant since the game came out, and DICE finally delivered. Also, this gun is gorgeous with that wood hopper hanging off the side.

Itís short-time spread still isnít fantastic, but remember that my analysis suggested that itís BEST IN CLASS when fired for more than 1 second, which is clearly its intended function (10+ rounds per burst). I hate the Tele because of how long it takes scope in.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 14th 2017, 3:30pm)

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, December 15th 2017, 4:25am

Are you going to make a Medic Rifle Scroing TT Edition?

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Friday, December 15th 2017, 6:26am

Are you going to make a Medic Rifle Scroing TT Edition?

Possibly. Maybe even likely, though Iíll probably wait until the TTK patch drops so I donít have to redo it.