Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 7:01pm

Time isn't the most important factor.

In the end it still boils down to hitrate and effective damage output.

Even if it takes forever to reset to minSpread, as long as your spread is good enough then there is no problem.

The 1909 takes 0.84s to reset but that doesn't mean its TTK is effectively 0.84s.

Also, the upcoming bipod changes make this time irrelevant for the Browning which always has a bipod.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 7:18pm

Even if it takes forever to reset to minSpread, as long as your spread is good enough then there is no problem.

The 1909 takes 0.84s to reset but that doesn't mean its TTK is effectively 0.84s.

Also, the upcoming bipod changes make this time irrelevant for the Browning which always has a bipod.

The Browning has a bipod at all times? I don't follow.

Time is very important. If I have two weapons with the same TTK and equivalent recoil patterns, and each resets spread in 10 bullets but one has twice the fire rate and half the damage, which gun do you want? I want the faster-firing weapon so that the second half of my damage output per kill isn't subject to increased spread. Each and every single time.

I am not really commenting on the TTK in that analysis. I am merely commenting on spread - nothing more, nothing less. However, an extension of that work applied to TTK would see that lower spread leads to lower effective TTK every single time. For example, that's why the Mondragon Optical beats the Mondragon Storm at all ranges in my SLR analysis from TSNP, calculated via hit probabilities using spread and recoil (see link below).

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 6th 2017, 8:48pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 9:58pm

If both versions still have 100% hitrate for the entire duration of those 10 rounds, then the time does not matter.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 11:27pm

If both versions still have 100% hitrate for the entire duration of those 10 rounds, then the time does not matter.

Yes, indeed, but this is an edge case in either the extreme limit of low spread or the limit of very close range. Given a 100% hit rate, weapon choice is trivial, no?

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 3:14am

How is time not the most important? Higher time to 100damage = more time of exposure = higher chance of you getting killed. Also a dead person's damage output is zero.

Consider your case of spread being good enough, it also means that the best time to 100damage = hold MB1. So the ultimate determining factor of TTK (time to 100damage) is ROF. Your example confirms that time is very important.

@InterimAegis
Yes I have looked at your ranking of SLRs and I think the individual graphs of TTK and KPR(kill per reload) are very useful in determining which weapon to use. I personally value a bit more KPR than 50%. I just cannot use a weapon where KPR is less than 2 in Battlefield. Killing multiple people in one mag in quick succession in previous BFs was really satisfying and the kill-and-reload playstyle was really not for me. I absolutely hated that BF1 separated quick TTK with 3+ KPR.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 5:48pm

Recoil scales linearly with zoom, so all you are doing is making it harder to hit your target.

Perceived recoil does, yes.

This is part of the reason I used flat 1.0x zoom on all Ironsights.

So how do you kill at distance?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 5:53pm

Say an LMG returned to minSpread in 3 shots at 600 RPM but had 2.0 total hRec.

Even if you reset quickly, your hitrate is so low you won't be getting much damage on target.

If we do a comparison with the BAR Storm and M1909 Storm, they are pretty close together.

At 50m, the M1909 is projected to kill only 6 frames slower than the BAR (not counting muzzle velocity).

M1909 needs to fire 10 shots to land the requisite 6 BTK. The BAR needs to fire 11.

While at first it may seem like the M1909 should be winning at this range, do keep in mind that the BAR has a 20 round magazine.

As with other small magazine weapons, they are slightly more lethal than their competitors with larger magazines.

At 55m, the BAR has to fire 13 rounds to land 6. The M1909 has to fire 10.

The two are now evenly matched.

A difference of 5m forces the BAR to expend 2 additional rounds.

Even if the BAR is capable of resetting faster, that does not mean much if ultimately those rounds still miss.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 6:14pm

I use a 1.5x beam reticle on Optical SLRs. Have no problems out to ~100 m.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 9:06pm

I aim? As a matter of fact, I always use all 12 class presets, and as I have them setup right now literally every gun has ironsights, and it works just fine.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 8th 2017, 2:23am

Say an LMG returned to minSpread in 3 shots at 600 RPM but had 2.0 total hRec.

Even if you reset quickly, your hitrate is so low you won't be getting much damage on target.

If we do a comparison with the BAR Storm and M1909 Storm, they are pretty close together.

At 50m, the M1909 is projected to kill only 6 frames slower than the BAR (not counting muzzle velocity).

M1909 needs to fire 10 shots to land the requisite 6 BTK. The BAR needs to fire 11.

While at first it may seem like the M1909 should be winning at this range, do keep in mind that the BAR has a 20 round magazine.

As with other small magazine weapons, they are slightly more lethal than their competitors with larger magazines.

At 55m, the BAR has to fire 13 rounds to land 6. The M1909 has to fire 10.

The two are now evenly matched.

A difference of 5m forces the BAR to expend 2 additional rounds.

Even if the BAR is capable of resetting faster, that does not mean much if ultimately those rounds still miss.

The fact that the BAR has to fire 13 rounds and the M1909 has to fire 10 rounds to kill is pathetic enough.