Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 2:31am

I'm astonished that the M1917 MG has virtually the same recoil pattern as the Lewis Gun (not to mention a worse FSRM). It somehow felt vastly more controllable and potent than it, and it didn't feel like it was only down to the fewer BTK at 39+ metres.

Iím similarly confused. The recoil is a little higher in exchange for the giant magazine and the spread characteristics are a little different...but thatís it. It just doesnít feel like it has room to be its own weapon. Iím a bit disappointed. I think all the other new entries though will feel fairly new, except the Arisaka will be a straight upgrade to the Vetterli-Vitali. If not for the carbine variant, the Carcano would be a straight upgrade to the G95 too.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 6:09am

Very interesting stuff here, thanks both of you for letting us in on this! :thumbup:

EDIT: I have solid information absolutely none of this was intentional. Seems like Shalan was right about this being old changes being rolled back (by accident).

Alternatively, is it possible someone here was looking at old data?
Who Enjoys, Wins

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Nov 29th 2017, 7:01am)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 9:18am

Alternatively, is it possible someone here was looking at old data?

There's always a possibility I mixed up the files. The files should be current CTE vs. current release files, but I can try to doube-check this later today.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 12:02pm

EDIT: I have solid information absolutely none of this was intentional. Seems like Shalan was right about this being old changes being rolled back (by accident).

Even if rollbacks werenít intentional, there are still strange things happening with min spread on vanilla vs dlc SLRs. The recoil reduction looks legit because the recoil decrease scaling is the post TSNP value.

EDIT: I hope they didnít mistakenly send a bad balancing patch to certification...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Nov 29th 2017, 3:01pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 4:31pm

I double-checked: The values I posted seem to be correct changes from currently shown stats on Symthic vs. current CTE (28.11.2017)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 1:21am

EDIT: I hope they didnít mistakenly send a bad balancing patch to certification...

If they did, that would be a HUGE SURPRISE.

/s

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 6:11am

If they did, that would be a HUGE SURPRISE.

/s

Fix ricochet bug, wreck small arms balance. :rolleyes:

Really don't understand Auto 8 nerfs.

Date of registration
: Oct 31st 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 2:37pm

Since they fixed movement spams it's understandable to nerf 8.35 for probably too good at close to mid range. But I don't really know why they buff S1916 so much. It was my first chose long range weapon and this buff will drive medics back to it like it was before.

Date of registration

Thursday, November 30th 2017, 11:38pm

Since they fixed movement spams it's understandable to nerf 8.35 for probably too good at close to mid range. But I don't really know why they buff S1916 so much. It was my first chose long range weapon and this buff will drive medics back to it like it was before.

The S1916 probably does need some sort of buff once TT drops. Why would you even use it over the Mondragon, which has a best-in-class stripper clip reload speed? Both the Farquhar-Hill and the Mondragon will, in my opinion, do the S1916's job better than it can:

Mondragon: 3BTK with better TTK
F-H: Large detachable mag with better TTK inside of 48 m

-------------
TTK @ 20 m, M = 492 ms, F-H = 492 ms, and S1916 = 561 ms
Gain ~70 ms in exchange for 6 fewer bullets by choosing the F-H

TTK @ 48 m, M = 527 ms, F-H = 760 ms, and S1916 = 596 ms
Gain ~70 ms in exchange for 16 fewer bullets by choosing the M
-------------

EDIT: Reload times, 1 strip or mag, empty/partial

M: 2.70 s
F-H: 3.20/3.00 s
S1916: 3.47/2.37 s
C-R: 3.27 s
S1906: 3.07 s
RSC: 3.30/2.70 s
M1907: 3.50/2.30 s
A8 .35: 3.23 s
A8 .25: 3.03/2.43 s
Avtom: 3.80/2.70 s
G. L.: 3.69 s

The Mondragon is the only Medic rifle that can take you from empty to bullets in under 3 seconds. Saves my life a lot (you can reload cancel the second strip/individual bullets once you get the hang of it).

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 1st 2017, 12:21am)

Date of registration
: Oct 31st 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, December 1st 2017, 2:45am

You are right. If this buff goes only to S1906 Factory or Optical I won't bother it. But Marksman variation got a 4x scope for long range and a sips of 0.125, combined with big mag and 2.37s reload, so I said it's my first chose long range semi. Unlike sniper variations with 0.2 sips, the only thing that stop me from spamming the mag was that big Hrec. I noticed sips shifts in this post, did they change marksman sips into 0.2?