Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 7:06am

Can someone recommend a mid end NVIDIA GPU card for BF1 and other games?

So I have a 2012/2013 Alienware Aurora R4 with an old NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 TI that has 1.28GB of memory. It can run games like Warthunder okay but the more recent games like GR wildlands and im assuming BF1 can only get 60FPS on very low graphics Im trying to find a mid end card that can run BF1 on a medium graphics setting. The other hardware seems to be up to the task but the card was apparently paired with a 2nd card but the other one was removed before I got the PC. Can someone recommend a decent card for under 300USD?

Im new to PC and am a bit hardware illiterate so I still need to learn these things.

The other specs for the PC are as follows:
intel core i7 3280 quad core with 3.60GHz and 16GB or RAM
Alienware OFPV4P Motherboard with a E X79 intel chipset
I dont know the exact power supply for this model but from my research most Aurora R4s come with a 875 Watt multi GPU power supply
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 9:21am

GPU prices are bit high currently due to cryptominer bloom (or, they used to be few months ago), so things are bit on expensive side.

GTX 1060 3GB edition could go under 300USD, 6GB version probably not. It has enough muscle to run modern games at high-ish quality on 1080p 60Hz, although the 3GB my suffer from lack of memory at times (some games really like to munch on that). 1050Ti (4GB) is also an option which will definitely go under 300USD, and you should be able to comfortably run games at lowest settings fine, from what I have heard.

Specifically for BF1, I would also recommend checking AMD side for GPUs. Especially for Frostbite games, AMD cards have bit of an edge over Nvidia. RX 570 or 580 should do the trick. However they too have quite highish prices currently.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included