Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 8:16pm

How are you supposed to use the .35 Marksman? I had to for the weapon assignments and it was just agony.

The 4btk cutoff was just a little too long to be able to properly plink at people safely from a distance and the scope prevented any use within it's optimal range.

Spam your 5 bullets on target, retreat, reload, target enemies again.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 8:46pm

That sounds terrible.

How is it supposed to be better than the 1906 again?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 8:48pm

Because of its faster TTK in below 45 meters or how many it was again.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 11:51pm

But how you can properly take advantage of that with a scope?

The factory version with iron sights I can see but the scope just makes it worse.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 12:17am

Check Marksman's MinSpread and SIPS - while transition to ADS is longer, this variant is more spam-friendly.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 1:26am

Yeah, they are bad , the mp18 trench is decent because of the hipfire, but other than that, Automatico and Hellriegel and shotguns are much better. But overall Medic has good guns but not really meta.
Recon , Assault and Support have the better weapons, SMLE, Lebel , M95. Parabellum, ChauChat, M10 , Hellriegel, Automatico.

Eh what? There are equal or better SLRs than the Chau, Auto .35 is still one of the best guns in the meta. The SLRs also dominate the statistically more relevant midrange compared to BAs.

The MP18 and Ribeye are "bad" because they don't do anything really great at short range (see shotguns or automatico), but then lose to most of the SLRs at the midrange. The tradeoffs are not worth it.

The .35 is a paper gun, I have over almost over 88 stars with the .35 Marksman and its not the "best" slr in the meta. Other SLR are better such as 1907, Fedorov, M1916 and RSC to some extend.

The LMG dominate the midrange, the fact alone that when a SLR hits 1 bullet at someone and doesn't suppress them makes it a bad choice.

Maybe we should be happy that Medic is not the meta like in BF4.

The other classes have much better choices for weapons.

There is absolutely no way the 1907 is better than the Auto .35 factory unless you are gauging things solely by <15m performance ?(

The Chau is an absolute GARBAGE midrange weapon. Other LMGs sure, but I think you are overstating their advantages when it actually comes to killing things. Several of the SLRs offer credible <20m performance AND decent midrange performance, which is something no other class of weapon in BF1 can do.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 1:29am

The factory version with iron sights I can see but the scope just makes it worse.

By shooting things beyond 10m. You can slash the zoom on the scope to the point where it's not obnoxious and the spread/spread inc mean you can drop targets via the limited spamming you can do with 5 bulelts. I find it inferior to the factory, but I prefer the hipfire centric SLRs lately so I've been staying away from the Auto family in general.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 1:56am

There is absolutely no way the 1907 is better than the Auto .35 factory unless you are gauging things solely by <15m performance ?(

The Chau is an absolute GARBAGE midrange weapon. Other LMGs sure, but I think you are overstating their advantages when it actually comes to killing things. Several of the SLRs offer credible <20m performance AND decent midrange performance, which is something no other class of weapon in BF1 can do.

The Chau Chat can be great at midrange when you tap fire it.
And several other guns have greater performance at <20m and better midrange perofrmance.
Which serveral classes can do with weapons such as:
Scout:
SMLE
Martini Henry
Even Vetterli to some extend.

Assault:
Model 1900 Slug
Even the Hellriegel does well at more than 20 meters.
Support:
MG14
BAR

Don't forget about the Supports ability to suppress you.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 6:43am

I pretty much use it the way Skanic described but with a slight alteration. I just use it like a dmr. Get in a slightly elevated position and wear everyone out inside of 45m. It was a bit tricky as first since I prefer the factory, but I started to really get the hang of it once I was done with the assignment.