Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "tttt1010" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 12th 2017, 4:28pm

Vanilla MP18 and ribeye underpowered?

Both the mp18 and ribeye rolls has a higher TTK than the 400ms TTK cei regotti, have a shorter damage dropoff, and not much better accuracy. Is there something I am missing here that makes the two guns better other than RPM?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, November 12th 2017, 8:46pm

Are you trying to compare these two SMGs to other SMGs or SLRs?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "tttt1010" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 13th 2017, 8:56pm

I am comparing it to non smgs.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 12:02am

Yeah, they are bad , the mp18 trench is decent because of the hipfire, but other than that, Automatico and Hellriegel and shotguns are much better. But overall Medic has good guns but not really meta.
Recon , Assault and Support have the better weapons, SMLE, Lebel , M95. Parabellum, ChauChat, M10 , Hellriegel, Automatico.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 2:47am

They're fine in my opinion. As someone that uses the MP18 and Ribeyrolle often, I haven't had too many issues dealing with SLRs unless its medium or long range. The Cei Rigotti and M1907 as I recall are barely beating out the MP18 in close quarters with 300 rpm. You miss a shot with one of those guns in close quarters against a MP18 your dead. You can't get away with as much with 300 rpm compared to something spraying 550 rpm. Keep in mind this is close quarters. Beyond that your playing with fire as an assault going up against a medic.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 5:35am

Ribeyrolles best Assault gun.

Well, it, the M1900 Slug, and the M12/P16, but if I had to pick only one to use at all times, it would be the Ribeyrolles.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 7:13am

Ultimately, if your goal is to do the best you possibly can (not going after service stars, and probably sacrificing some fun and/or challenge), I'd say that the Hellriegel is too good to really justify using the MP18, Ribeyrolles, or SMG 08/18 over it.

However, since I would actually like to retain some fun, I'd definitely go back to the Ribeyrolles instead of the Hellriegel after I'm done with the service stars in Assault. It's still a very solid choice and would be even more-so if the TTK changes would go through. The MP18 Trench is alright, and is the best/most accessible MP18 variant, but I think most people (me included) would rather run the Automatico M1918 Trench for hipfiring enemies back to the deploy screen.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 8:57am

Yeah, they are bad , the mp18 trench is decent because of the hipfire, but other than that, Automatico and Hellriegel and shotguns are much better. But overall Medic has good guns but not really meta.
Recon , Assault and Support have the better weapons, SMLE, Lebel , M95. Parabellum, ChauChat, M10 , Hellriegel, Automatico.

Eh what? There are equal or better SLRs than the Chau, Auto .35 is still one of the best guns in the meta. The SLRs also dominate the statistically more relevant midrange compared to BAs.

The MP18 and Ribeye are "bad" because they don't do anything really great at short range (see shotguns or automatico), but then lose to most of the SLRs at the midrange. The tradeoffs are not worth it.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 7:35pm

Eh what? There are equal or better SLRs than the Chau, Auto .35 is still one of the best guns in the meta. The SLRs also dominate the statistically more relevant midrange compared to BAs.

The MP18 and Ribeye are "bad" because they don't do anything really great at short range (see shotguns or automatico), but then lose to most of the SLRs at the midrange. The tradeoffs are not worth it.

The .35 is a paper gun, I have over almost over 88 stars with the .35 Marksman and its not the "best" slr in the meta. Other SLR are better such as 1907, Fedorov, M1916 and RSC to some extend.

The LMG dominate the midrange, the fact alone that when a SLR hits 1 bullet at someone and doesn't suppress them makes it a bad choice.

Maybe we should be happy that Medic is not the meta like in BF4.

The other classes have much better choices for weapons.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 7:44pm

How are you supposed to use the .35 Marksman? I had to for the weapon assignments and it was just agony.

The 4btk cutoff was just a little too long to be able to properly plink at people safely from a distance and the scope prevented any use within it's optimal range.