Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 3:00am

some SLRs in the CTE patch arent that good anymore

Id like to remind everyone that this is one man's opinion so feel free to dispute my statements and recommendations.
So for recap purposes, in the CTE patch, most weapons had their TTK make faster and the SLRs got some favorable attributes in place of raw damage output increase.
September weapon balance update : battlefield_live

Quoted directly from the reddit page:
ALL SLRs
-0.03 to standing ADS minimum spread.
Spread increase per shot (SIPS): 0.2 ---> 0.1.
Increased range for most SLR bullets.

Most had a range increase aswell. the auto 8 .35 had a 3hk range increase to 70M.

This update make some SLRs very good weapons. however, the stat changes has less of an impact on others. For example, the self loaders that fire 8mm mauser (mondragon, selbstlader rifles, general lieu's rifle, etc.) have a 50% increase in their range profile but because they are three shot kill rifles, this range increase is counter intuitive even taking into account leg shots at minimum damage (hit indicator lists damage to limbs at min damage as 33 but it is rounding down from 33.6)

Another issue is the update changes the meta of the SLRs. Right now you have the three skill cannons: the model 8 .35, the 1906 selb and the lieu. The auto 8 .35 prior to this update was used as a TTK machine for the keen eyed within its effective range while the selbstlader 1906 and general lieu were intended to be the more effective rifles further outside of the model 8's effective range. Now, both the lieu and the m1906 are much less useful in this regard because of the range increase of the model 8. Its not that the model 8 is not too powerful; Far from it. the issue is this update's general fixes via the decrease to spread and increased range better favors the model 8 over the 1906 and lieu.

Another rifle negatively impacted by this update is the m1907 SLR. right now the m1907 plays a middle ground between the faster firing model 8 and the higher powered 8mm rifles while still being able to hold its own in close to medium against other classes. after this update, the m1907 is in this sort of limbo where it isnt able to hold its own against other classes anymore. namely the assault in close quarters and support at medium. it is out played at close by SMGs, out played at medium by MGs and still outplayed at range by its 8mm piers and the scout class. These CTE updates also favor rifles with either higher ROF due to lower spread being able to make better use of the high ROF or high minimum damage due to accuracy increase allowing the higher damage shots a better chance of connecting. The m1907 is neither of these things. this is also compounded by the high Hrecoil of the m1907 preventing the lower spread and higher accuracy to be more effective. When you fire the m1907 at maximum RPM, the H recoil tends to make the rifle zig zag back and forth preventing the buffs from being more effective

All in all, certain attributes should be added to allow these rifles to remain effective. I think one thing that should be done is increase the headshot multiplier of the 35 min damage rifles to allow a body shot and a headshot to be a kill like bf4 used to be.

As far as the m1907 goes, I think a reduction in H recoil would help the accuracy increase and spread decrease be more effective.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Iplaysgames96" (Oct 31st 2017, 7:07am)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 6:37am

7.92x57mm Mauser SLRs would still have superior ballistics(800m/s vs 660m/s of 8 .35) and they've actually would get an increase of 1HS+1 body shot combo range(40*1,7=68; 68+40=108). Also bigger magazine size on Mondragon helps at range a lot - you can safely miss 7 rounds instead of only 2 or 1 past 70m.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 11:55am

All in all, certain attributes should be added to allow these rifles to remain effective. I think one thing that should be done is increase the headshot multiplier of the 35 min damage rifles to allow a body shot and a headshot to be a kill like bf4 used to be.

Or, more naturally, increase their min damage from 35 to 38.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 2:39am

Haven't you heard that the TTK change is dead? Someone told me it is he was talking to one of the dice devs.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 3:37am

If that's how things go, I'd be pretty much done with BF1.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 1:21pm

There are a lot of "I heard from someone"s about the TTK change being dead. Can anyone name the dev that unofficially leaked this info?

@BleedingUranium
If they roll out the CQ changes and the ADAD spam fix, then I am going back to BF1 but only use the medic class. Only the medic class has rewarding weapons to use anyway IMO. You should do that right now too as assault and support are just cannon fodders for decent medics. I would also be interested to see if they keep the stupid-IMHO SIPS FSM and reverse spread mechanic in BF2018.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sid_tai" (Nov 1st 2017, 1:33pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 6:30pm

SIPS FSM is good.

Prevents tap to win.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 2nd 2017, 1:30am

The reverse spread for LMGs really bugs me because it's so cartoony.

But honestly I can't think of anything else that would make people use LMGs like LMGs and not just ARs with big ass magazines.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, November 2nd 2017, 10:41am

But honestly I can't think of anything else that would make people use LMGs like LMGs and not just ARs with big ass magazines.
We could put a bipod by default in the underbarrel slot in every LMG, make hip fire actually bad a-la BF3, make moving spread actually bad a-la BF3, and make the support class move slower compared to the other class. But not sprint slower. And I actually see a lot of proper MG usage in BF3 with the type-88, one of the more traditional MGs of all in that game.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 2nd 2017, 6:25pm

We could put a bipod by default in the underbarrel slot in every LMG, make hip fire actually bad a-la BF3, make moving spread actually bad a-la BF3, and make the support class move slower compared to the other class. But not sprint slower. And I actually see a lot of proper MG usage in BF3 with the type-88, one of the more traditional MGs of all in that game.

You seem to be under the impression that "proper MG usage" means "bipod + scope playstyle".

If we ignore the entirety of people that would use a 7.62 LMG for CQB, you had people bipod up with LMGs in BF3 because most GPMG class weapons had a pathetic 0.5 standing spread. Stuff like L86 with gripbar could achieve a usable 0.25 base spread, which was good enough to use on the move and not be limited by using a bipod.

Being forced or limited to bipods is bad.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.