Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 6:27am

What are the exact values for the bullet spawn offset below the camera?

Per the title, I'm curious as to what the actual numbers are in the files, both the X and Y offset values, and whether they're universal, universal by weapon class, or individual to each gun.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 9:20am

It's specified in FiringFunctionData -> Shot::ShotConfigData -> CameraSpawnOffset::Vec3. I do not have scripts atm to get numbers for all weapons.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 2:57am

Thanks, I should be able to find them myself now. :thumbup:
Who Enjoys, Wins