Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, October 16th 2017, 6:23am

Redpill me on the General Liu Rifle vs. 1906 Luger

T4R. People are telling me the Liu is garbage. I honestly find it more practical than the 1906 Factory for most engagements though. I'm hitting people with 3 shots in a row at 80 meters no problem, even with its worse recoil and spread. The extra bullet also seems to come in handy more often than you'd expect. The ability to kill 2 people with bodyshots in one magazine is a decent trade-off if you have decent aim. It also helps bump up the likelihood of getting a kill in one mag at really far ranges (obviously).

My question at this point is should I bother going back to the 1906 at all? The spread and secret Optical stats on the Factory 1906 don't seem to bring it above the Liu most of the time, even out to really far ranges where I thought the 1906 was superior before. The Liu's reload even feels a bit snappier when going off the strip (which can happen at either 1 or 0 rounds left in the magazine) compared to the 1906.

I just don't think the extra range afforded by the 1906 is that valuable for a Medic. I'll probably give the 1906 another try but damn I'm digging the Liu. What do you use?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 16th 2017, 8:57am

Used to use the 1906. With the Auto 8 getting bumped up to ~70m in the TTK patch, its ranged benefit mostly became irrelevant.

I would still have to point out you are trading a 20% increase in magazine capacity for a 400% increase in hRec and a 175% increase in RDEC relative to the 1906.

Or a 200% increase in hRec if you are using the Storm variant.

I personally don't think that's worth it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, October 16th 2017, 4:19pm

My question at this point is should I bother going back to the 1906 at all?

I suppose we ought to account for the major weapon overhaul, which is likely to drop in a month, when comparing weapons at this point. In terms of the Medic spread buffs, all rifles are effectively getting an Optical/Marksman preset slapped on top of what they already have.

Now since I haven't tested it extensively in the CTE, from a theoretical PoV, the Optical and the Marksman rifles will benefit the least from these buffs. As the cumulative spread benefits will start to offer diminishing returns. I mean, I'm pretty sure buffing the Mondragon Optical's base spread and spread increase won't make a tonne of difference, as its largely limited by its recoil. But throwing an Optical preset onto the Mondragon Storm will surely offer a much more balanced setup in terms of its spread AND recoil.

So I believe this will allow the Liu to profit more than the 1906 (Optical) from the buffs. Particularly the Storm variant, since half of the Factory's benefits are in the Spread Recovery department, so the whole diminishing returns thing somewhat applies to that variant too.

I would still have to point out you are trading a 20% increase in magazine capacity for a 400% increase in hRec and a 175% increase in RDEC relative to the 1906.

I'd say it's unfair to compare weapons purely on percentage increases as if each variable is like for like. What if one weapon had an Hrec value of 0.01, and another weapon had one of 0.05? Sure, the latter has a 400% increase in that department, but really, they're both neglible amounts.

You could also spin your Liu's 20% mag-capacity increase stat into a 100% kill-potential increase stat, if you were so inclined.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, October 16th 2017, 8:08pm

Used to use the 1906. With the Auto 8 getting bumped up to ~70m in the TTK patch, its ranged benefit mostly became irrelevant.

I know what horizontal recoil is, but what is RDEC?

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, October 16th 2017, 9:15pm

I know what horizontal recoil is, but what is RDEC?

Recoil Decrease one can assume.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, October 16th 2017, 9:26pm

Liu Factory has 75% faster recoil decrease than 1906 factory.
Liu storm is nice for the spamming.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 5:38pm

At least until the next patch, the optical SIPS and bonuses of the Luger make it better than the Liu in every scenario except a spammy one. But if you are going to be spammy, why would you use either of these weapons in the first place? I would argue that the Mondragon and Cei Rigotti are both more practical and excellent replacement options if you want a balance of mag size and DPS (especially on console). I would also like to point out that the Farquhar-Hill will be a candidate for this discussion at some point. It appears to fire around 300 rpm, seems to do max 40 damage to a fair distance (appeared to be at least 30 m in the early build), and is equipped with a drum mag. While this (as far as I know) is a new damage model, I expect it to look Cei-Rigotti-esque (3-4 BTK), and we know it has an optical variant. Here is hoping it also has the bullpup mod too.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 8:14pm

The 16+ mag SLR's are more versatile in my opinion , because you are fighting against other classes that have 25-200 rounds.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 6:53pm

Its quite easy really; the General Lui has so little visual recoil that it almost feels bugged.

The luger has that fucking flap bursting into your screen every shot

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 7:02pm

Its quite easy really; the General Lui has so little visual recoil that it almost feels bugged.

The luger has that fucking flap bursting into your screen every shot

I don't even notice that when actually in combat. Aside from that, both of them basically have zero visual recoil, and I prefer the Luger's iron sights.

These two are really a matter of personal preference more than anything else. If you don't need the sixth round use the M1906, or if you don't mind the extra recoil use the Liu. But really, they're so close together you might as well pick whichever has your favourite look and animations.

As a side note, I'm really excited for the Farquhar-Hill. It's like a Mondragon/Cei-Rigotti hybrid with twice the ammo, which fits perfectly into the ultimate all-round SLR niche that I've always felt was missing in BF1. It's the true jack-of-all-trades we never had.
Who Enjoys, Wins