Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 7:28pm

I think some of the requirements are really crazy.

Destroying five boats with the Rocket Gun? Considering there seems to be only one map with boats and how sparsely they are used on the othe rmaps I would consider this rather steep. 15 kills on swimming people with SLRs is also rather specific. I mean you have to play medic, have to play a map with a frequented water source and hang around that spot for likely multiple rounds. Same with the boat kills with BAs although this is rather doable on Fao. Yeah Turning Tides is supposed to have a focus on sea battles, but as of now there is only one map offering this, right? And this will stay like this until January when the second half releases.

I agree completely. Again, if it were do xxx damage to boats, or defend the shores in conquest assault successfully for 3 rounds, or literally anything you would typically accomplish while having fun, it would be no problem. The swimming SLR requirement reminds of of the swimming pistol kills needed for one of the steps in unlocking the deagle in BF4. I wasted so much time getting wasted.

For the Farquhar-Hill, a couple posts by DICE-RandomDeviation.

It is very disappointing to see the Farquhar getting a Mondragon RoF and a CR damage model. I get the reasons and it makes it unique, but with the TTK changes it might also make it mediocre. The h-recoil felt much too high on the CTE to make me adopt it over the CR, which will beat it at every range, with the only downside being counting bullets.

Personally I did lie these assignments ins BF4, because there were quite a few chances to get them. The Deagle released with Sunken Dragon and there oyu could do that in a fun way. Blowing up a boat with C4 was cool as well, because you were instantly rewarded for being sneaky and again, the maps were built this way, plus there were boats on Paracel, Shanghai etc.. As Assault with a rocket gun, you need to be shooting at the boat and then also get lucky because you are likely not the only one. So I think the idea is not bad, but it does not work very well with the game meta, as far as I can analyze.

The headshot assignments I also find very odd. First of all it will likely be headshot kills again and with a spread model like in BF1 it is jsut sheer randomness when you will reach the threshold, so it does not matter if it is 25 headshots or 100 kills (likely more). I agree with the repair tool, this could indeed be fun, I do not know how much damage it really does though.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 7:39am

Anyone able to pull anything out of the CTE files? I'm sure some of the stats will be adjusted a bit, but a few basic things like Rate of Fire would be nice to know.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 9:04am

@TheRadGamerDan

Any chance you wanna drop the CTE files on the new weapons? A link perhaps?
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 11:53am

Anyone able to pull anything out of the CTE files? I'm sure some of the stats will be adjusted a bit, but a few basic things like Rate of Fire would be nice to know.

Tell me where to find the files, and I can post em 'ere once I get home

Not going to read the data myself, I have fellow autists for that. I get to say that since I am autistic myself so deal with it

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 20th 2017, 2:10am

From DICE-RandomDeviation:

Quoted

Weapons aren't ready for testing in this build, it's kind of a weird merge where the TTK changes are only halfway implemented for the new weapons.

The trench carbine's damage in this build is assuming old TTK, it doesn't share a bullet with other weapons that are affected.

The M1912's fire rate (1200) is assuming the old TTK model. However it shares a bullet with the Hellriegel, and so has the 4 hit kill as well. If the TTK changes go through, its fire rate will drop to 900, which is the same TTK as a 5 hit kill at 1200.

The Farquhar is still balanced around old TTK in this build, it doesn't have the range and accuracy buffs.

The Carcano actually doesn't have a sweetspot. It just has a higher fire rate than most bolt actions.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Friday, October 20th 2017, 7:19am

So is the Carcano just the 1895 only more Italian or?

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, October 20th 2017, 8:58am

RandomDeviation is a very smart dude. I quite like him. However, I'd say it was wrong to classify the M1903 Experimental as an "SMG." If it's semi-automatic, it should be balanced like an SLR, or at the very least as an SLR-SMG hybrid. It seems he's reconsidering that with the Mauser M1917 Trench Carbine and hopefully the M1903 Experimental. (I guess I can let the latter stay a bit sub-par, albeit not as much as right meow, if its proposed M1903 Infantry function is eventually integrated, though.) With the CTE damage changes for the automatics, both of these guns need to have at least a fairly limited three-shot kill range and no less than 16.67 damage (17.5 is ideal) at long range. Otherwise, they simply won't keep up with any other primary gun in the game.

And really, I still would love the Medic rifles to jump up a rate of fire tier, even if the rifles won't sound good. Or for the Fedorov Avtomat, a short three-shot kill range slightly less than that of the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended. Because the short range Medic rifles end up only having the close range effectiveness of Assault's and Support's long range options while still having less long range effectiveness than the latter's options. The Huot, Lewis Gun, M1909 Benet-Mercie, Perino M1908, and Browning M1917 will be better than the said M1907 SL at virtually every single range. And the Selbstlader M1916? Fuggedaboutit! Old discussion, I know, but I think it's something that really needs a ton of further brainstorming. Especially when this class is focused on close range gadgets. With the current direction, the ideas of reduced ADAD spam, crouch slide spam, muzzle smoke, character flinch, visual recoil, and perhaps the added ability of breath hold would really help out the Medic rifles. But by exactly how much?

By the way, is the CTE currently closed? I have been completely unable to connect to its servers for like the past two or three days.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Oct 20th 2017, 10:56am)

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, October 20th 2017, 8:59am

So is the Carcano just the 1895 only more Italian or?

Not really, its really more the Scout Elite from BFH at launch with worse hipfire

From DICE-RandomDeviation:

Quoted

Weapons aren't ready for testing in this build, it's kind of a weird merge where the TTK changes are only halfway implemented for the new weapons.

The trench carbine's damage in this build is assuming old TTK, it doesn't share a bullet with other weapons that are affected.

The M1912's fire rate (1200) is assuming the old TTK model. However it shares a bullet with the Hellriegel, and so has the 4 hit kill as well. If the TTK changes go through, its fire rate will drop to 900, which is the same TTK as a 5 hit kill at 1200.

The Farquhar is still balanced around old TTK in this build, it doesn't have the range and accuracy buffs.

The Carcano actually doesn't have a sweetspot. It just has a higher fire rate than most bolt actions.

Yeah...I find this answer to be fairly bloody confusing.

As far as I know, none of the carbines had their TTK touched, so saying that the C96 trench wasn't adjusted for the new TTK is a weird statement, and even if we still had the old TTK, i'd still risk becoming a second Experminental.

900 still seems excessive. Its low uptime-downtime ratio only pushes it down that much with the sheer dualist potential it has. And once again, given how bulky and heavy the slide on the M1912 is and the springs it uses, I doubt the actual gun fired anywhere above 800rpm. 33% better TTK over the already blazingly fast Automatico is far more than it deserves, and far more than it needs to shine.

I literally said that the Farquhar hill seems to be good if it got the right adjustments.

And I literally said the Carcano was at a great spot, not that it had a great sweetspot. Bloody hell. My complaint was on the questionable sweetspot of the Arisaka.

The answer is a bit weird and I wonder if there isn't a similiar complaint post which he thought he was answer on but mixed up with mine

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 20th 2017, 7:38pm

With the current direction, the ideas of reduced ADAD spam, crouch slide spam, muzzle smoke, character flinch, visual recoil, and perhaps the added ability of breath hold would really help out the Medic rifles. But by exactly how much?

By the way, is the CTE currently closed? I have been completely unable to connect to its servers for like the past two or three days.

Considering the community is absolutely in love with the Mauser Trench despite it having the old damage model in a build that otherwise has the faster one, I'd say the lack of recoil, visual recoil, smoke, the improved movement, and so forth have a significant effect. This was actually a fantastic inadvertent test of that.

CTE has now shifted to only having servers up for set playtest times, which should help everyone involved. They did a playtest Monday and Tuesday for a few hours this week.

900 still seems excessive. Its low uptime-downtime ratio only pushes it down that much with the sheer dualist potential it has. And once again, given how bulky and heavy the slide on the M1912 is and the springs it uses, I doubt the actual gun fired anywhere above 800rpm. 33% better TTK over the already blazingly fast Automatico is far more than it deserves, and far more than it needs to shine.

The real one does indeed fire at 1200rpm. The only reason it would be brought down to 900rpm would be for balance (specifically the TTK rebalance). Any lower would make it significantly less fun and interesting.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, October 21st 2017, 6:53am

Oh look, more weapons I won't bother to unlock because the assignments are absurd.

ITNOTZ didn't sustain any sort of player base growth. What are these muppets doing locking content behind a grind no one wants to do.