Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 6:12am

What's the Browning's deal?

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 7:00am

What's the Browning's deal?

450rpm, fires same round as the BAR and Hotchkiss, has 250 rounds per belt, has LW and Telescopic variants, and apparently has a high overheat limit (like the also-water-cooled Perino) but I don't know the exact overheat limit. Not really sure past that.

As a side note, I did notice that it has exceptionally low visual recoil, and I also really like the irons too.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 7:36am

Gottverdammt. . .

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 8:23am

There's literally nothing that can be reasonably complained about on that list; the community whines too much.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 9:31am

And it's worth noting that without the difference of it being 4HK and the Automatico staying 5HK, the entire concept of the gun simply would not function at all in the game's meta. If anyone ever needed something solid saying we will be getting the TTK shift, this is it. It's going to happen.

Whilst I always thought it very likely, I failed to notice the Steyr as proof that the TTK shift was guaranteed.

Good point.

There's literally nothing that can be reasonably complained about on that list; the community whines too much.

Well, get ready for your KDR to halve trying to unlock the Browning Factory. It's also a little unusual that you need to unlock the C96 Trench before you can unlock the Steyr.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,957)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 9:47am

Well, get ready for your KDR to halve trying to unlock the Browning Factory. It's also a little unusual that you need to unlock the C96 Trench before you can unlock the Steyr.

If you just let it happen naturally you shouldn't have all too much trouble in getting it done. 200 damage points can be achived, just don't run like a retard into tanks hoping to get 3 points of damage.

Play maps or modes where vehicles are likely to sit still, keep an eye out and see if you see one, then consider trying to sneak up for a cheeky 20-30 points.
Ah and, by the way, stationary weapons are vehicles. Fortress gun is easy points for this as the gunners in there don't notice taking damage most times.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 12:20pm

Eh, it's time that I could really use to work on weapon service stars instead. Hell, I just first unlocked the Sawn-Off a few days ago. I would have probably had that a long time ago if I weren't burdened with assignments. Meh.

The Carcano and Farquhar-Hill Storm will be piss-easy to unlock. The Browning M1917 Telescopic and Mauser M1917 Trench Carbine will really just happen through normal gameplay, eventually. I know I'll be using a lot of planes as taxis to unlock the Browning M1917 Low Weight, as attempting to flank camping vehicles and stationary weapons on foot is suicide. The M.12/P.16, Farquhar-Hill Optical, and Type 38 are a seemingly bit too dependent Turning Tides maps, aside from possibly Albion or Fao Fortress. So, try to get those ones done quickly while servers are still populated.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,400)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 2:10pm

I think some of the requirements are really crazy.

Destroying five boats with the Rocket Gun? Considering there seems to be only one map with boats and how sparsely they are used on the othe rmaps I would consider this rather steep. 15 kills on swimming people with SLRs is also rather specific. I mean you have to play medic, have to play a map with a frequented water source and hang around that spot for likely multiple rounds. Same with the boat kills with BAs although this is rather doable on Fao. Yeah Turning Tides is supposed to have a focus on sea battles, but as of now there is only one map offering this, right? And this will stay like this until January when the second half releases.

Other than that Fao is the only map where boats really see combat. They are present and used as a taxi on EE, but that is about it. Wonder if you can still destroy abandoned boats to get achievements like this. There was a similar achievement in BF4 where you had to destroy five boats (or was it 5 kills on boats?) with C4 for naval strike, but this was easier since there were more boats and C4 meant an instant destroy.

The rest are again rather uninspired and are nothing more than a checklist and timesink.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 2:49pm

I think some of the requirements are really crazy.

Destroying five boats with the Rocket Gun? Considering there seems to be only one map with boats and how sparsely they are used on the othe rmaps I would consider this rather steep. 15 kills on swimming people with SLRs is also rather specific. I mean you have to play medic, have to play a map with a frequented water source and hang around that spot for likely multiple rounds. Same with the boat kills with BAs although this is rather doable on Fao. Yeah Turning Tides is supposed to have a focus on sea battles, but as of now there is only one map offering this, right? And this will stay like this until January when the second half releases.

I agree completely. Again, if it were do xxx damage to boats, or defend the shores in conquest assault successfully for 3 rounds, or literally anything you would typically accomplish while having fun, it would be no problem. The swimming SLR requirement reminds of of the swimming pistol kills needed for one of the steps in unlocking the deagle in BF4. I wasted so much time getting wasted.

For the Farquhar-Hill, a couple posts by DICE-RandomDeviation.

It is very disappointing to see the Farquhar getting a Mondragon RoF and a CR damage model. I get the reasons and it makes it unique, but with the TTK changes it might also make it mediocre. The h-recoil felt much too high on the CTE to make me adopt it over the CR, which will beat it at every range, with the only downside being counting bullets.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Oct 18th 2017, 3:02pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 3:33pm

Well, maybe some assignments are not too hard but I'm personally hate when you have to play some weird way to unlock something:
-200 dmg to enemy vehicles - that's ok and kinda fun, especially trolling fortress gun users on monte grappa. This assignment is okay only because it requires vehicles, not only tanks
-25 headshots from Automatico Storm, now where trash is coming. Again, like with MP-18 Optical you have to hunt lone bushwookies, very boring...
-15 kills of swimming enemies with SLRs, we definetely need more medics who are doing anything but healing and reviving *sarcasm*
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.