Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 3:36am

Don't forget the Enfield 1917 and the Berthier Automatic Rifle. Still plenty of options really for weapons in this dlc and Apocalypse.

The M1917 Enfield is the second-most redundant potential rifle that keeps getting asked for, behind the Turkish Mauser 1893. The Berthier Automatic Rifle on the other hand is really cool, and I'd love to see that make its way in somewhere.

I'd hope that the Ross would be chambered in .280 Ross. That'd make for far more interesting balance. Muzzle velocity of 880 m/s and a drag coefficient of 0.002 would be insane! Straight-pull bolt with a faster rate of fire than the Gewehr 98 also. However, its damage model could be something like 75-95-75.

Oooo that's right, I forgot it also had its own proprietary round, this could work even better!

Quoted

While many of the internals are probably quite similar, the Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine is not a C96.

Still a pretty uninspired, bland addition if it's actually going to Tanker/Pilot. Maybe DICE can fudge it a bit and have it be a theoretical "final production" version that has full-auto, that would definitely work well for Assault, and give a real reason for adding a third (not) C96 to the game.

Quoted

Farquhar-Hill rifle

Eh, regardless of the details it will still be a fun and cool gun, I really like the drum mag.

Quoted

Due to its cartridge loading, I'd imagine it'd be more in-line with the Gewehr M.95 than the others. Which if it's limited to Infantry and Carbine variants, the lack of a straight-pull bolt won't really hurt it, seeing as those variants already cycle without having to unscope.

That could work, though I'm not sure only Infantry and Carbine makes a ton of sense with this rifle. Between this and the Carcano, most likely one with get Marksman and the other Sniper, though I'm not entirely sure which would get which.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 4:22am

I mean, DICE did give an MP18 variant a three-round burst mode, among many other mistakes/civil liberties. So, it's possible having a fully automatic Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine. I've read that some Artillery P08's were potentially converted to automatic fire, which would have led to the birth of the MP18 a few months or years later. That could have been a weapon for the Assault class if DICE were able to go back to the beginning and reconsider some weapon choices. Speaking of which, the "Artillery P08" in Battlefield 1 is actually a P08 carbine (with a handguard) rather than the proper thing that's depicted in the artwork. It's still within the time period, and as such, only its naming is an issue (a very minor one).

While very limited, there were a few examples of scoped Carcano rifles during WW1. Can't say I know any examples of such for the Type 38. Of course, civil liberties and all. Personally, I'd go this route.

Type 38 Infantry
Type 38 Carbine
Carcano Marksman
Carcano Sniper

Then a Carcano Standard Issue Rifle should be patched into the vanilla game, replacing the Russian 1895 for Italy as their SIR.

"But my M1903 and Carcano Infantry!"

Well, DICE should really rework the SIR option. Rented servers should really be able to turn that option on without turning the server to "Custom." I'd say it should have three options, rather than the current On/Off options.

Off: Straight-forward. No SIRs at all.
Faction: Faction-based SIRs.
Open: Any SIR with any faction.

I know some are mixed about the idea of all-kit manual-action rifles. But I think having the "Faction" (current "On") option as default wouldn't be all-that-bad.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 4:39am

Every gun has to have an ironsight variant, this is a non-negotiable part of BF1 variant design, as it should be. Marksman and Sniper are so close that having both on one gun (especially if only those two) is a real waste of a variant anyway. No scope on the Arisaka and only scopes on the Carcano are both terrible ideas.

The Carcano is likely a free gun, so yeah, into SIR, that's half the point.
Who has fun, wins.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 5:30am

I can't say I'm excited for these guns save for the Farquhar Hill.

The Browning M1917 in particular bores me visually as it is barely distinguishable from the Perino M1908 while sharing its ROF as well, unless they go with the extremely anachronistic M1917A1(made in the 30s) which fired at 600 RPM and had a distinctive carry handle on the jacket.
I wouldn't be as irked if there wasn't such an amazing selection of LMGs left including the:
I'm fine with the Carcano and Arisaka as they do deserve a place in the game but they will probably function the same as the Mosin Nagant.
At least there is a good chance Apocalypse will get some cool BAs such as the Rolling Block and Ross Rifle.

I can't imagine how they are going to give the Mauser trench purpose, I even chewed some dudes prediction because I thought it was to redundant to be added to the game, I guess I'm the fool.

That Martini Grenade Launcher looks cool as shit but I can only imagine it will just be rifle grenades for Assault.

Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 6:05am

That Martini Grenade Launcher looks cool as shit but I can only imagine it will just be rifle grenades for Assault.

I generally agree with your post, but specifically here, sure Frag Rifle Grenades for Assault isn't too interesting, but the alternate ammo variant could be Buckshot (the real one was planned to use this in addition to grenades). A WWI M320 Dart sounds like a ton of fun. :D
Who has fun, wins.

TheRadGamerDan

Hey! Could I get one of these title things?

(258)

Date of registration
: Jul 8th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 7:27am

There's also a Heliograph as a gadget

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 7:41am

Quoted from "Teh Maged"

Don't forget the Enfield 1917 and the Berthier Automatic Rifle. Still plenty of options really for weapons in this dlc and Apocalypse.
The M1917 Enfield is the second-most redundant potential rifle that keeps getting asked for, behind the Turkish Mauser 1893. The Berthier Automatic Rifle on the other hand is really cool, and I'd love to see that make its way in somewhere.

I'd hope that the Ross would be chambered in .280 Ross. That'd make for far more interesting balance. Muzzle velocity of 880 m/s and a drag coefficient of 0.002 would be insane! Straight-pull bolt with a faster rate of fire than the Gewehr 98 also. However, its damage model could be something like 75-95-75.

Oooo that's right, I forgot it also had its own proprietary round, this could work even better!

Quoted

While many of the internals are probably quite similar, the Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine is not a C96.

Still a pretty uninspired, bland addition if it's actually going to Tanker/Pilot. Maybe DICE can fudge it a bit and have it be a theoretical "final production" version that has full-auto, that would definitely work well for Assault, and give a real reason for adding a third (not) C96 to the game.

Quoted

Farquhar-Hill rifle

Eh, regardless of the details it will still be a fun and cool gun, I really like the drum mag.

Quoted

Due to its cartridge loading, I'd imagine it'd be more in-line with the Gewehr M.95 than the others. Which if it's limited to Infantry and Carbine variants, the lack of a straight-pull bolt won't really hurt it, seeing as those variants already cycle without having to unscope.

That could work, though I'm not sure only Infantry and Carbine makes a ton of sense with this rifle. Between this and the Carcano, most likely one with get Marksman and the other Sniper, though I'm not entirely sure which would get which.
Sorry Uranium, I keep trying to quote your reply to me directly, but I keep getting your entire post for some reason. Still new here *sighs*. Fair enough on the 1917 Enfield. What about the Pattern 14 rifle? Would that fill any potential niche? It seems to be a good fit.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 7:49am

A signalling device? I wonder what it will actually do. Could it be a spawn beacon? That actually seems rather plausible, and its inherent downside would be that it's flashing constantly.

Seeing as this is most likely Scout, the Martini Launcher is therefore most likely Assault. Find anything else interesting so far?
Who has fun, wins.

TheRadGamerDan

Hey! Could I get one of these title things?

(258)

Date of registration
: Jul 8th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 7:56am

A signalling device? I wonder what it will actually do. Could it be a spawn beacon? That actually seems rather plausible, and its inherent downside would be that it's flashing constantly.

Seeing as this is most likely Scout, the Martini Launcher is therefore most likely Assault. Find anything else interesting so far?

Apart from two new vehicles

HMS Lance
Astra Torres Airship

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheRadGamerDan" (Oct 15th 2017, 9:27am)

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 9:25am

I generally agree with your post, but specifically here, sure Frag Rifle Grenades for Assault isn't too interesting, but the alternate ammo variant could be Buckshot (the real one was planned to use this in addition to grenades). A WWI M320 Dart sounds like a ton of fun. :D
I agree it would be nice to have an anti-infantry gadget for infantry-only maps but I also think it will decrease the amount of Assaults targeting vehicles, diluting their class role exactly like Rifle Grenades.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.