Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 9:23am

Turing Tides weapons apparently found in CTE files

In this reddit thread.

Quoted

Browning M1917
Carcano M1891
Farquhar Hill
Mauser 1917 Trench
Arisaka Type 38
Martini Grenade Launcher

The Mauser 1917 Trench is most likely this, so a C96 Carbine with detachable magazines and twice the ammo capacity. Naturally, (assuming this is all the weapons, which is likely) it would go to Assault. Notably, it is not full-auto.

The Farquhar-Hill is a really cool automatic rifle, which fires at 700rpm with a 20-round magazine. Definitely the SLR, that it will be the only .303 British in this class gives DICE plenty of room to give it an appropriate damage model for its rpm. I'm really hoping we get this for every reload.

The Browning M1917 is the obvious Support MG of the group and is basically the M1919 with a water-cooled barrel.

The Arisaka Type 38 is well-known as the standard Japanese rifle during both wars. It's a cool rifle, though in gameplay terms is very, very "normal". The most interesting thing is that it uses the same 6.5mm round as the Avtomat, though of course they won't share damage models. It's worth noting that the M.95 also uses a lighter, intermediate round, though as the lower damage there is offset by a high RoF thanks to the straight pull bolt (which the Type 38 lacks), we'll see how that goes.

The Carcano M1891 has been (rightfully) asked for by the community since well before launch, being the standard rifle of one of the base game's factions. Considering that context, and that it's the only "extra" gun on this list, I think it could very well be a free-to-all-players rifle. It's quite similar in appearance to the M.95 and they even both use en-bloc clips (Carcano has six rounds to the M.95's five), though most notably has a regular bolt action instead of a straight pull one. It's interesting that the Carcano, Type 38, and M.95 all fire intermediate rounds.

The Martini-Henry Grenade Launcher is exactly what it sounds like. It also sounds exactly like the current Rifle Grenades and Crossbow Launcher, so I wonder if Scout or Assault is getting its own version. What's potentially most interesting is potential ammo types besides the standard Frag, per this line from that article: "Intriguing reference is made in the patent document to the possibility of firing canister shot from this weapon!". Frag or Buckshot? Yes, I have missed BF4's M320 Dart, thanks for reminding me that was a thing.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 12:50pm

If all true, I'd say this is more-or-less a mixed bag. Definitely not as interesting as the TSNP and ITNOTT weapon lists thus far.

Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine: Mauser made this compete against Luger's Lange Pistole 08 (Artillery P08), both firing the 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge. I'd say it'd more likely be a Pilot/Tanker weapon, effectively being a slightly higher capacity Artillery P08 with slightly worse handling characteristics. As a main-kit weapon, it'd surely be very underwhelming, as is the case with the M1903 Experimental.

Farquhar-Hill Rifle: Definitely the most interesting primary weapon of the lot. Corrections, it's only semi-automatic and utilizes a 19-round magazine. Nonetheless, the .303 British chambering means DICE will have more liberty on how they decide to balance it. I'm thinking it'd be to the Cei-Rigotti as the Selbstlader M1916 is to the Mondragon. Three-to-four shot kill with Mondragon rate of fire cap.

Browning M1917: As a Support gun, it seems like it'd really just be a Support MG 08/15 (with ADS capability, possibly) or a belt-fed Perino M1908. Thus I can't see it being overly interesting. If filling such a role is needed, the Colt-Browning M1895 "Potato Digger" would have been a better choice due to its much lower, albeit still hefty, weight.

Arisaka Nambu Type 38: This is a very historical rifle and would be a welcomed addition to Battlefield 1. The only problem is that DICE is leaving the IJN out of Turning Tides. This slightly degrades the value of the rifle if its own faction isn't featured.

Carcano M1891: This gun SHOULD be in the game. However, it shouldn't be DLC content. Italy is a vanilla faction, and they NEED their standard issue rifle for SIR/B2B servers. This won't be possible if it's locked behind a DLC wall.

Blanch-Chevallier: I've been saying this one before the game's release. Assault could really use a grenade launcher. One that's actually effective against vehicles, that is. It'd be a more mobile, albeit shorter ranged, alternative to the Vickers-Crayford "Rocket Gun." A Canister/Buckshot variant would be quite amusing to run around with. Remington M1909 Factory, Obrez/Howdah Sweeper, and Blanch-Chevallier Buck would be quite a troll loadout! That being said, DICE really needs to buff the current HE grenades (Rifle Grenade and Crossbow Launcher) against vehicles.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 1:34pm

New guns :D

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 3:19pm

hnnnngh.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 8:51pm

I'd say it'd more likely be a Pilot/Tanker weapon, effectively being a slightly higher capacity Artillery P08 with slightly worse handling characteristics.

No way. It's already visually nearly identical to the C96 Carbine, but has detachable mags and twice the ammo, it's not going to Tanker/Pilot. And if this is all the weapons, that makes it rather obviously the Assault choice.

Quoted

Corrections, it's only semi-automatic and utilizes a 19-round magazine.

Wikipedia is giving me full-auto with 700rpm, with 20-round mags.

Quoted

The only problem is that DICE is leaving the IJN out of Turning Tides. This slightly degrades the value of the rifle if its own faction isn't featured.

While I wanted Japan too, it doesn't really degrade the value. Per the video I linked, several thousand were purchased by Britain, and in turn sent to Russia.

Quoted

Blanch-Chevallier: I've been saying this one before the game's release. Assault could really use a grenade launcher. One that's actually effective against vehicles, that is. It'd be a more mobile, albeit shorter ranged, alternative to the Vickers-Crayford "Rocket Gun." A Canister/Buckshot variant would be quite amusing to run around with. Remington M1909 Factory, Obrez/Howdah Sweeper, and Blanch-Chevallier Buck would be quite a troll loadout! That being said, DICE really needs to buff the current HE grenades (Rifle Grenade and Crossbow Launcher) against vehicles.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for!
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 9:47pm

While I would have liked to see Japan in BF1 too, the Siege of Tsingtao was not in any way an amphibious assault. The Japanese Army landed uncontested in Chinese controlled territory well away from the German lines, and attacked the port overland.
The Japanese navy did capture some pacific islands from Germany, but this happened without any fighting as there were no German garrisons on the islands.
bob

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 1:24am

As a tangent, it's seeming more likely than ever that the Scout rifle in Apocalypse will be the Ross, and aside from liking it because it's Canadian, it should actually be a very interesting BA.

It had a poor reputation in muddy conditions, but of kept clean and maintained it was one of the best sniper rifles of the war; it would also be the second straight-pull rifle in the game, and it shares a round with the SMLE. The two variants would obviously be Infantry and Sniper, and this would make it distinct from the M.95 which has Infantry/Carbine/Marksman, and also distinct from the same-damage/ballistics SMLE which also has those variants.

In Infantry form we would have an SMLE with a much higher RoF, but half the ammo; excellent aggressive gun. It would also make a very interesting Sniper variant, as at medium range it can make use of the SMLE sweet spot, while at further ranges the high RoF and ability to stay scoped while cycling let it stay a good (and unique) long range rifle.

As for the rest of Apocalypse, I'm betting on the Thompson Annihilator, Howell Automatic Rifle, and Burton Light Machine Rifle.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 2:14am

I'm a little disappointed by the assault weapon. Out of curiosity, when people were sifting around looking for the ITNOTT weapons in files, were the second batch of weapons like the Liu and Perino found in the files also? I guess I'm just holding out hope for at least another shotgun right now :( maybe the Winchester Model 12 or some other shottie. I still figure we will see some kind of Thompson smg in the Apocalypse dlc.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 2:25am

As a tangent, it's seeming more likely than ever that the Scout rifle in Apocalypse will be the Ross, and aside from liking it because it's Canadian, it should actually be a very interesting BA.

It had a poor reputation in muddy conditions, but of kept clean and maintained it was one of the best sniper rifles of the war; it would also be the second straight-pull rifle in the game, and it shares a round with the SMLE. The two variants would obviously be Infantry and Sniper, and this would make it distinct from the M.95 which has Infantry/Carbine/Marksman, and also distinct from the same-damage/ballistics SMLE which also has those variants.

In Infantry form we would have an SMLE with a much higher RoF, but half the ammo; excellent aggressive gun. It would also make a very interesting Sniper variant, as at medium range it can make use of the SMLE sweet spot, while at further ranges the high RoF and ability to stay scoped while cycling let it stay a good (and unique) long range rifle.

As for the rest of Apocalypse, I'm betting on the Thompson Annihilator, Howell Automatic Rifle, and Burton Light Machine Rifle.
Don't forget the Enfield 1917 and the Berthier Automatic Rifle. Still plenty of options really for weapons in this dlc and Apocalypse.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 2:39am

I'd hope that the Ross would be chambered in .280 Ross. That'd make for far more interesting balance. Muzzle velocity of 880 m/s and a drag coefficient of 0.002 would be insane! Straight-pull bolt with a faster rate of fire than the Gewehr 98 also. However, its damage model could be something like 75-95-75.

No way. It's already visually nearly identical to the C96 Carbine, but has detachable mags and twice the ammo, it's not going to Tanker/Pilot. And if this is all the weapons, that makes it rather obviously the Assault choice.

While many of the internals are probably quite similar, the Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine is not a C96. The receivers (externals) are fairly different. It looks as much as a C96 as does the VZ. 58 to an AKM, until close inspection. There's also the different cartridge loading, which would still make the vanilla C96 Carbine a good bit better for ranged combat. The Mauser 1917 Trench Carbine was designed with 10-, 20-, and 40-round magazines. While the 40-round magazine seems most likely, DICE could end up using any one of those capacities. I'd say it'd be a safer bet to have it as a Pilot/Tanker weapon. DICE already loathes the M1903 Experimental, and this would almost certainly be left in the mud also. Especially with the CTE damage buffs. All you'd have is a semi-automatic SMG 08/18 with half of the ammo capacity at most and with a 20% lower rate of fire cap, considering DICE "can't make a semi-automatic rifle sound good at 449 rounds per minute" (not exact quote, but something very close to that). Nobody in their right mind would want to use that over the far more potent choices Assault gives you. I'm waiting for the CTE update to finish downloading to see if I can find anything in the TOC and SB files. Because the person on Reddit, assuming his information is true, may have missed something. Probably something more in-line for the Assault class.

Quoted

Wikipedia is giving me full-auto with 700rpm, with 20-round mags.

While many Wikipedia articles are well-documented and fairly reliable, there's really no actual reliable sources out there, that I can find, stating such information. Ian McCollum has stated that it's only semi-automatic. And looking through Moubray Farquhar's and Arthur Hill's patents, there is really no sight of such magazine capacities. There's been some "sources" that state earlier versions of the rifle utilizing a 10-round conical/drum magazine that may have been non-detachable. This seems somewhat likely, considering that Patent US1019620 A depicts a rifle utilizing what appears to be a non-detachable magazine (likely a box), if not just being a deep magazine well for a detachable magazine. For the more-or-less final Farquhar-Hill rifle, Patent US1353736 A, the drawings depict the standard 19-round magazine. Farquhar and Hill did patent a high-capacity pan magazine, Patent US1337893 A, but this is clearly the 77-round magazine for the post-WW1 Beardmore-Farquhar machine gun (estimated at 450 rounds per minute by Max Popenker), which I believe the Wikipedia article is mistaking the Farquhar-Hill 1918 rifle over.

Quoted

While I wanted Japan too, it doesn't really degrade the value. Per the video I linked, several thousand were purchased by Britain, and in turn sent to Russia.

Yep, I recall from a C&Rsenal video that the Type 38 was exported to British forces (including the Royal Navy), and then being sold from the British to the Russians and Lawrence of Arabia's units once they were no longer needed. So, on second thought, it definitely fits. Due to its cartridge loading, I'd imagine it'd be more in-line with the Gewehr M.95 than the others. Which if it's limited to Infantry and Carbine variants, the lack of a straight-pull bolt won't really hurt it, seeing as those variants already cycle without having to unscope. (Which brings up that going from the Gewehr M.95 Marksman to the Gewehr M.95 Infantry or Carbine has slight diminishing returns when compared to going from the SMLE MKIII Marksman to the SMLE MKIII Infantry or Carbine.)[/quote]

While I would have liked to see Japan in BF1 too, the Siege of Tsingtao was not in any way an amphibious assault. The Japanese Army landed uncontested in Chinese controlled territory well away from the German lines, and attacked the port overland.
The Japanese navy did capture some pacific islands from Germany, but this happened without any fighting as there were no German garrisons on the islands.

The Japanese apparently landed about 18 miles(?) east of the Tsingtao. So yes, it was mostly land combat, but there were a few watercraft that were sunk or heavily damaged. Which does mean they were involved in some combat during the siege.

Spoiler Spoiler