Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 2:35pm

The October update just replaced the Perino LW's Tripod with a Bipod. Not only does this give the two variants real visual distinction, but I'm thinking we may be getting Tripod buffs in the near future.

You sure about that? I think the LW always had a bipod...

Here's a discussion from a couple weeks ago:

Roctopuss comments on In The Name Of The Tsar weapons breakdown

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Oct 15th 2017, 2:52pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 3:53pm

Both variants of the Perino were equipped with a Tripod until the October patch.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, October 16th 2017, 4:14am

snip

Good post. With regards to BF1, optic type (irons, lens sight, suppressive scope, marksman scope, sniper scope) and barrel attachment (none, bayonet, suppressor) should be freely player selectable, just like the bayonet is right now. None of these affect gunplay stats, but all immensely influence and allow for personal playstyle.

Optic type would be restricted by weapon class, so Assault for example would only get ironsights and lens sights, and a very small number of guns would be further restricted by simply not being able to mount certain optics (M1903 Exp can only have irons or lens sights, as the scopes mount over the ejection port, for example).

Supressors don't matter very much now that shooting doesn't put you on the mini map.

I would have preferred that all weapons come as "factory" and that you can then select sights (optical or otherwise) as a free choice and then add a "finishing kit" (stock + foregrip) to modify the stats to get the various variants. Funny weapons like the sweeper or MP18 experimental could give you optional "receiver kits", that look the weapon into that particular variant while still allowing choice of optics.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, October 16th 2017, 5:39am

Both variants of the Perino were equipped with a Tripod until the October patch.

....but are you sure? Here's another:

What?s the difference between the bipod and the tripod in the perino model 1908 defensive and lightweight? : battlefield_one

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, October 16th 2017, 6:37am

Supressors don't matter very much now that shooting doesn't put you on the mini map.

I'm not specifically frustrated at you but goddammit I'm so tired of this argument. That's not the only thing a Suppressor can be made to do in gameplay!

----

I am very sure both models had Tripods. The LW description, however, has always said Bipod, despite what was mounted on the gun.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 16th 2017, 7:27am

I'm not specifically frustrated at you but goddammit I'm so tired of this argument. That's not the only thing a Suppressor can be made to do in gameplay!

----

I am very sure both models had Tripods. The LW description, however, has always said Bipod, despite what was mounted on the gun.

None of things are worth it at the ranges where you'd want to endure the suppressed weapon penalties though.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 16th 2017, 9:03am

That is also assuming those ideas for Suppressors is even good design.

No muzzle flash is fine.

No tracers is going to be annoying because we end up with the same situation as torpedoes in water right now: you cannot tell where they are going and cannot make adjustments for it. You are probably hurting yourself a lot more than you are helping. And if you are operating in a close enough distance for the lack of feedback to not matter, the range is probably too short for a tracer to have revealed you anyways.

No directional indicator can be mistaken as a bug and will probably be extremely frustrating for players to take damage but have no cue on how to retaliate. Depriving something as important as that specific counterplay cue is way too powerful.

No killcam is fairly innocuous but the killcam did not tell you very much to begin with. If your goal is to stay hidden, this feature is useless because killing someone makes them aware of your presence.

I highly doubt that the Suppressor will have any utility so long as stealth is not a core gameplay pillar of the franchise.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 16th 2017, 12:20pm

That is also assuming those ideas for Suppressors is even good design.

No muzzle flash is fine.

No tracers is going to be annoying because we end up with the same situation as torpedoes in water right now: you cannot tell where they are going and cannot make adjustments for it. You are probably hurting yourself a lot more than you are helping. And if you are operating in a close enough distance for the lack of feedback to not matter, the range is probably too short for a tracer to have revealed you anyways.

No directional indicator can be mistaken as a bug and will probably be extremely frustrating for players to take damage but have no cue on how to retaliate. Depriving something as important as that specific counterplay cue is way too powerful.

No killcam is fairly innocuous but the killcam did not tell you very much to begin with. If your goal is to stay hidden, this feature is useless because killing someone makes them aware of your presence.

I highly doubt that the Suppressor will have any utility so long as stealth is not a core gameplay pillar of the franchise.

At the very, very, very best of times the killcam only helps you if the enemy stays stationary (ie is hill camping or perma hiding in a bunker corner). By the time you respawn and make your way to where they were the guy has generally moved on or been killed. Knowing where that hill camping sniper is hiding isn't very useful since hunting him down is often a waste of time since another sniper will take care of him for you and it takes you away from more important kills on flags.

IMO, in the rare situation where a player can respond in any useful capacity based on hit markers the shooting distance is far enough that the suppressor is super detrimental. The TTKs in BF1 are slow, but not that slow.

I've never found tracers to be an especially critical part of knowing what the enemy is up to other than for vehicle fire and LMG mag dumpers either.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, October 16th 2017, 1:27pm

Vaguely on the subject on attachments doing stuff.

Is there any point to changing the recoil direction of a weapon? That just feels like it'd make it a lot worse.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 16th 2017, 5:43pm

@tankmayvin

I was talking more about how a certain user on BF4 CTE kept posting about how stealth needed to become a core pillar of the franchise and promoted the Suppressor not having a killcam as part of it.

They insisted that it'd help conceal your presence on a flag burn.

That is why I pointed out that A) the very fact you are on a burn announces your presence and B) so does killing someone whether or not they have a killcam.

Given the generally slow TTKs of BF1, it is perfectly reasonable for someone to respond to getting shot.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.