Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:48pm

I don't really care too much for truly perfect optimization. I just liked choosing what I liked when I liked it.

I liked having the choice. And I also really liked having lots of little things to unlock.

It was fun.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, October 13th 2017, 12:35am

The October update just replaced the Perino LW's Tripod with a Bipod. Not only does this give the two variants real visual distinction, but I'm thinking we may be getting Tripod buffs in the near future.

Oh, I didn't catch that change. You could be right though, since DICE are considering nerfing the bipod's horizontal recoil. The tripod will probably get less of a nerf or no nerf at all in that department.

The Parabellum Suppressive would still remain a statistical downgrade however.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, October 13th 2017, 12:43am

Speaking of CTE stuff. When are all those huge TTK changes and other things coming?

They're mostly there, but not quite ready, so they could be in the November patch if they work really hard/fast at getting them good to go, but the December patch alongside Turning Tides is more likely. I'm super excited for the TTK and movement changes though, both knowing how they work on paper and the small amount of time I got to actually play with them in CTE, they make the game so much more fun.

Oh, I didn't catch that change. You could be right though, since DICE are considering nerfing the bipod's horizontal recoil. The tripod will probably get less of a nerf or no nerf at all in that department.

The Parabellum Suppressive would still remain a statistical downgrade however.

It would, but seeing as they're looking to fix one, I'd imagine they want to fix both. I remember a while back a few gameplay types were talking about a concept for an LMG that did a bit less raw damage, but had fantastic great suppression output. I'm fairly certain there wasn't a specific plan at the time, just that concept, but I could see them applying it to the Suppressive variant family, so for the Lewis, MG 15, and MG 14.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, October 13th 2017, 12:53am

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why meta of ADADADA with a higher TTK ever made it into initial release.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:03am

I dunno. I don't mind the higher TTK. It's weird but it's something you can just get used to.

The ADADA thing and hipfiring definitely sound like PC only issues though.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:07am

This is partly true. ADAD spam is inherently easier with keys, but the most significant issue is actually something the community wasn't even made aware of until recently: 60hz makes movement buggy, and as such anything running a higher tickrate (aka everything on PC) has movement/acceleration that is literally too fast. PC movement has been straight-up bugged all along.

The movement changes will affect console too, but drastically less than PC.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:18am

This is partly true. ADAD spam is inherently easier with keys, but the most significant issue is actually something the community wasn't even made aware of until recently: 60hz makes movement buggy, and as such anything running a higher tickrate (aka everything on PC) has movement/acceleration that is literally too fast. PC movement has been straight-up bugged all along.

The movement changes will affect console too, but drastically less than PC.

It was a problem on PC without even accounting for the technical issues of movement vs tickrate though.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:31am

It was a problem on PC without even accounting for the technical issues of movement vs tickrate though.

Indeed, which makes it that much worse, and also why fixing movement is relevant to console too. I don't want them to rush the changes or implement them half-finished... but I also want them right now. :whistling:
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:34am

Indeed, which makes it that much worse, and also why fixing movement is relevant to console too. I don't want them to rush the changes or implement them half-finished... but I also want them right now. :whistling:

Should never have made it through QA to be honest. They've been fiddling with soldier movement for 10 years worth of titles at this point, they should know what they are doing.

Date of registration
: Oct 13th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 13th 2017, 6:52am

The 870mcs with slug and a rifle scope wasn't that bad from bf3. And for the parabellum supressive, 3.50x makes it a somewhat portable a.a gun, but in non-open areas it's pretty useless.
I do.

Shit I didn't buy BF1 until months and months after release specifically because they took away freely chosen attachments and customization.

I'm still kinda miffed about that.

I don't think the customization really did anything. If you wanted the optimal weapon of a certain type you basically had to use canned combinations. There was no "customization", it was basically the variant system but where you assembled the variant yourself.

If you didn't care about optimal performance you were basically using the attachments/other lesser guns as aesthetic bits. Aesthetics confer zero depth. Why not just go the CSGO route and reskin/greeble identical weapons at that point.

The shitty variants of weapons in BF1 we are talking about now are basically cleaned up alternatives of the oodles of shitty choices you could make in BF4.

Actually deep customization would be interesting, but I think that's practically VERY hard to pull off.