Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "between 3 and 25" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 9th 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, October 9th 2017, 1:40pm

What's the point of Parabellum Suppressive and Perino Defensive?

What's the point of Parabellum MG14/17 Suppressive and Perino Model 1908 Defensive besides lower 1st shot spread multiplier and an additional optical/telescopic sight? Looking at the stats, they pretty suck compared to the Low Weight variant.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, October 9th 2017, 4:56pm

What's the point of Parabellum MG14/17 Suppressive and Perino Model 1908 Defensive besides lower 1st shot spread multiplier and an additional optical/telescopic sight? Looking at the stats, they pretty suck compared to the Low Weight variant.
They are statistically inferior in every way (see Which in The Name of the Tsar weapons should I unlock? <- this is about the Perino variants but the same applies to the MG14).

They just get *arguably* better sights (better zoom, less obstrusive, but longer ADS time).

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, October 9th 2017, 7:14pm

The more negative FSSM is very much part of their inferiority. So it's just the optics that you're getting with each.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 9:31pm

The October update just replaced the Perino LW's Tripod with a Bipod. Not only does this give the two variants real visual distinction, but I'm thinking we may be getting Tripod buffs in the near future.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:16pm

Wait, there's an actual difference between tripods and bipods?

I thought it was just a visual thing.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:34pm

Wait, there's an actual difference between tripods and bipods?

I thought it was just a visual thing.

Currently you're correct, it's visual only, but going out of their way to change one of them to a Bipod is highly suggestive of an upcoming Tripod-specific buff (Hotchkiss Telescopic and Perino Defensive), which would also serve to make the Defensive statistically relevant.

Buffing Tripods to make them better and distinct has been brought up several times on the CTE reddit and was very well supported, and the weapon designers definitely saw it.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:15pm

Speaking of CTE stuff. When are all those huge TTK changes and other things coming?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:26pm

The point is padding out selection of gun choices in the menu because people have been complaining "MOAR GUNZ" since BF1 released. BF4 gives you tons of largely useless weapons and apparently people love false choice.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:36pm

I do.

Shit I didn't buy BF1 until months and months after release specifically because they took away freely chosen attachments and customization.

I'm still kinda miffed about that.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:44pm

I do.

Shit I didn't buy BF1 until months and months after release specifically because they took away freely chosen attachments and customization.

I'm still kinda miffed about that.

I don't think the customization really did anything. If you wanted the optimal weapon of a certain type you basically had to use canned combinations. There was no "customization", it was basically the variant system but where you assembled the variant yourself.

If you didn't care about optimal performance you were basically using the attachments/other lesser guns as aesthetic bits. Aesthetics confer zero depth. Why not just go the CSGO route and reskin/greeble identical weapons at that point.

The shitty variants of weapons in BF1 we are talking about now are basically cleaned up alternatives of the oodles of shitty choices you could make in BF4.

Actually deep customization would be interesting, but I think that's practically VERY hard to pull off.