Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 10:52pm

If you think the Trench needs a scope, you're probably using it wrong. Optical Sights could be okay, but even then still rather unnecessary.

I blame crap like BF4's Coyote sight (as the worst offender) for people thinking of ironsights that are at minimum decent as being completely terrible. But hey, that's what crutches do.

How are you blaming something that is a literal quantum jump in technology that is just fairly represented in a game a "crutch"?

As armies shrink but become even more professional basically everyone is transitioning to a standard issue optic, or soldiers are just bringing their own.

Optics simply are that much better. In a game, where everything else but acquiring/keeping on target almost doesn't matter, obviously they are going to be so much better and matter so much more.

The Russian "trench" is a great gun on the cavalry class, who can more than afford the lowish ttk.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tankmayvin" (Oct 5th 2017, 11:25pm)

• "Zos" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 11:21pm

What.

Speaking as someone who has killed a lot of people with the 1895, the last thing you want to do is be close up and spamming with it. You'll die every single time to automatico, parabellum, avtomat users. You'll want to be at least 20m out, preferably further, and make sure you get the jump with good use of your spot flare. Also there's no autorotate snap-on on PC so close-up ADAD spam will wreck you.

If you have to clear out a building or fight assaults it's time to pull out your Bodeo and go to town.
If you think the Trench needs a scope, you're probably using it wrong. Optical Sights could be okay, but even then still rather unnecessary.

I blame crap like BF4's Coyote sight (as the worst offender) for people thinking of ironsights that are at minimum decent as being completely terrible. But hey, that's what crutches do.
Not sure why you think that it doesn't need or benefit from a scope. I kinda see the Trench as a better .44 magnum from BF4, and we know almost everyone used the scoped variant of the gun because of its ease of use.

Because it's a close range spam gun, peanut. It's for the aggressive black german rifleman who prefers his shootin' to be of the cowboy rootin' tootin' variety.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 6th 2017, 1:59am

Not sure why you think that it doesn't need or benefit from a scope. I kinda see the Trench as a better .44 magnum from BF4, and we know almost everyone used the scoped variant of the gun because of its ease of use.

Because it's a close range spam gun, peanut. It's for the aggressive black german rifleman who prefers his shootin' to be of the cowboy rootin' tootin' variety.
For a "spam" gun the trench has an extremely low ROF and mag capacity. It also has one of the highers TTK of any close-medium range guns in the game. It is worse than the RSC in every way save for its ability to one-hit headshot, which is made extremely difficult to accomplish due to its blocky iron sight. If it has an iron sight like the Lebel that creates a triangular point it might be much more usable but I doubt that is doable for the sake of authenticity. Giving the weapon a lens sight, or hopefully a marksman sight is imo the best possible buff, especially considering the range buff the trench is getting in the TTK update.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, October 6th 2017, 6:19am

Such profligacy. Encase you two hoopleheads haven't noticed but people in this game suck something fierce, you can take them out with a feather. You want to soil your firearm with a sight? go slap a optical on the M95 and leave the Trenchester alone.

Or better yet, get good and the ways of the Cattleman.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 6th 2017, 8:19am

Such profligacy. Encase you two hoopleheads haven't noticed but people in this game suck something fierce, you can take them out with a feather. You want to soil your firearm with a sight? go slap a optical on the M95 and leave the Trenchester alone.

Or better yet, get good and the ways of the Cattleman.
See the problem: you're playing on XOne and TS is playing on PC, two different platforms in terms of controls. On PC nearly every second lowbob monkey starts ADAD and slide spamming as soon as he saw you or starts his extreme zigzag running at any kind of "range gunfight", that's why I prefer M95 over M1895 Trench: at CQB you can only win by landing a successful headshot and on range M1895 ROF doesn't matter anymore since you can't use it at maximum ROF at range.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, October 6th 2017, 7:34pm

That's a movement issue, not a gun issue. Good thing the bugged PC movement is being fixed (yes, it's bugged), and movement is being toned down on top of that.

The 1895 Trench will be getting a 2HK range buff, and the only other thing it needs is a hipfire buff.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 6:38am

I still maintain the 1895 was balanced as a cavalry weapon (where it really shines) and then basically added as scout weapon as an afterthought.