Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Zos" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 1:32am

Why is the 1895 trench balanced the way it is?

I'm a confirmed 1895 trench user, with around ~15 service stars. But it's also a fact that it's the least-used scout rifle by far amongst the general BF1 population. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd put down my top three gripes with the gun:

1) The iron sights are abominable - the front post is giant for a precision weapon. As a result, you can't take advantage of its 0 spread, and reacquiring the target after the first shot's recoil is an exercise in hopefulness.
2) The bullet velocity reminds me of a wandering senior citizen.
3) It's slower to kill than medic rifles at the same range by a significant amount.

What do other people think? Is there any chance my favorite PTFO scout rifle could be buffed? As it is now, lately I've been drifting more and more to the G.95+pistol switch combination.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 5:04am

I've used it a bunch too, and the first two really aren't big issues considering its intended use and range. I also quite like the iron sights.

It should be getting a significant 2HK range buff along with the rest of the TTK changes, IIRC the current plan is out to 70m.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 6:15am

1) The iron sights are abominable - the front post is giant for a precision weapon.

Dagnamit it, boy. That ain't not no weapon of precision but an instrument the Lord's fury.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 6:20pm

Short answer: use M.95 Infantry instead - best iron sights, fast reload, better ballistics, OHSK at all ranges. Yes, less ROF but others stats do compensate this.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 9:15pm

Short answer: use M.95 Infantry instead - best iron sights, fast reload, better ballistics, OHSK at all ranges. Yes, less ROF but others stats do compensate this.

How about no. Trenchester is fine weapon when used right. as usual, symthic uses it wrong.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 6:45am

I agree that the irons is shit. Trying to make headshots at midrange is like guess where the enemy's head is. I think this gun could use a marksman scope similar to the 8.35. Maybe give it a special headshot multiplier of 2x and give it a special suppression reduction effect.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 7:58am

If you think the Trench needs a scope, you're probably using it wrong. Optical Sights could be okay, but even then still rather unnecessary.

I blame crap like BF4's Coyote sight (as the worst offender) for people thinking of ironsights that are at minimum decent as being completely terrible. But hey, that's what crutches do.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 8:46am

It's a Scout RSC 1917 with perfect accuracy (ADS, not moving), better hipfire, a higher probability of picking off a wounded enemy, and actually being vastly more capable of getting assists that count as kills.

Of course, the first advantage is a bit up in the air, considering that it's bullet velocity is vastly inferior to the RSC 1917 (velocity, base spread, drag, and gravitational acceleration being vital in precision-based weaponry).

Personally, I like the Russian 1895 Trench quite a bit. It's about equal to the Gewehr M.95 for me. The Gewehr M.95 is definitely better for long ranges, and it can work better at close ranges on slightly-wounded enemies. However, the Russian 1895 Trench is better at close ranges against moderately-to-heavily wounded enemies along with enemies that have full health (or at least over 90% health). In the latter case, it can kill almost twice as fast the Gewehr M.95.

I'm just worried that DICE is going to forget about the more oddball Scout rifles, such as this one, for the TTK patch (if it makes it to retail). I never heard of the Russian 1895 Trench gaining the same two-shot kill range buff that the RSC 1917 has in the current CTE build, even though the two have the same two-shot kill range in retail.

However, the M1903 Experimental needs the most attention. DICE buffed it in the CTE build, but it was less of a buff than what practically every other (semi-)automatic firearm got. That's despite it being, without a doubt, the most underpowered main-kit primary weapon in the retail version of Battlefield 1.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2017

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 5:42pm

If you think the Trench needs a scope, you're probably using it wrong. Optical Sights could be okay, but even then still rather unnecessary.

I blame crap like BF4's Coyote sight (as the worst offender) for people thinking of ironsights that are at minimum decent as being completely terrible. But hey, that's what crutches do.
Not sure why you think that it doesn't need or benefit from a scope. I kinda see the Trench as a better .44 magnum from BF4, and we know almost everyone used the scoped variant of the gun because of its ease of use.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 8:01pm

Not sure why you think that it doesn't need or benefit from a scope. I kinda see the Trench as a better .44 magnum from BF4, and we know almost everyone used the scoped variant of the gun because of its ease of use.

Because it's a close range spam gun, peanut. It's for the aggressive black german rifleman who prefers his shootin' to be of the cowboy rootin' tootin' variety.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\