Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 8:13pm

When is a plane "destroyed"?

I never shot at planes much but strafed an attack plane the other day and got the "vehicle disabled" message.

I would've thought that meant shot down and therefore destroyed.

So when is it officially destroyed? Attack planes can't repair themselves, can they?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 8:21pm

0 HP = Destroyed

Disables are <10% HP IIRC.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 8:57pm

I never shot at planes much but strafed an attack plane the other day and got the "vehicle disabled" message.

I would've thought that meant shot down and therefore destroyed.

So when is it officially destroyed? Attack planes can't repair themselves, can they?

Its basically the same for planes and vehicles: destroyed is when they explode at 0 HP. Disabled is when they drop below 10HP. Vehicles are totally immobilized until you clear the status with a repair cycle, planes lose control authority and will start a death spiral when disabled until it is cleared with a repair cycle. Plane disables usually lead to plane destroys since they will generally crash before they can be repaired unless it happens at high altitude. So if you get a disable you will often get the destroy unless someone finishes it off when it's doing down.

Attack plane can be repaired from the pilot seat.

All vehicle/planes can be repaired by someone in the driving/piloting seat that is carrying a repair tool. So both pilot and tanker by default and support with a tool equipped that switches into the seat.

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 10:42pm

Cool. Thanks for the info.