Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 12:50pm

are you guys sure that gunplay is the only thing which makes a FPS nice to play?

Yeah, it plays a significant role, but how the weapons feel also has to do with the gameplay (not gunplay)

I didnt play PUBG, but if your primary goal is to minimize your deaths instead of maximizing your kills, then the gunplay can be shite too and still sufficient for the game.

Think of it that way: in Battlefield you are cannon fodder (in 64p servers the individual player is worth nothing), so in order to counter the repetitive horrible punishment of death, Battlefield delivers an often occuring satisfying gunplay mechanic.
In PUBG the death is such a horrible punishment, so head on engagements are avoided, the satisfaction comes simply from winning a fight - even against a single person. It's an emotional high risk, high reward game, where the gunplay itself plays a less important role.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 12:23pm

are you guys sure that gunplay is the only thing which makes a FPS nice to play?

Yeah, it plays a significant role, but how the weapons feel also has to do with the gameplay (not gunplay)

I didnt play PUBG, but if your primary goal is to minimize your deaths instead of maximizing your kills, then the gunplay can be shite too and still sufficient for the game.

Think of it that way: in Battlefield you are cannon fodder (in 64p servers the individual player is worth nothing), so in order to counter the repetitive horrible punishment of death, Battlefield delivers an often occuring satisfying gunplay mechanic.
In PUBG the death is such a horrible punishment, so head on engagements are avoided, the satisfaction comes simply from winning a fight - even against a single person. It's an emotional high risk, high reward game, where the gunplay itself plays a less important role.

Personally I play first person only in PUBG, and I like to seek out for kills, so gunplay is a pretty significant part of the experience. But I can see how PUBG in 3rd person with the 3rd person peeking cheese diminishes the importance of gunplay.

In addition to what I have said about what I do not like about BF1's gunplay, I realized that one other aspect, regarding the more skilled SLRs, is the new recoil decrease formula. Because current recoil is factored into it, the recoil curve tapers off over time. At first glance, it might seem more "natural". But if you play with it long enough, you will feel that it is very sluggish feeling, with the recoil taking forever to reset. This should not be a problem with vertical recoil because it is predictable. However, when horizontal recoil also coming into play, it is impossible to figure out which way to compensate for the slow recoil reset. On the other hand, single tapping in previous BFs and PUBG feels much snappier, despite the wiggling around the aim point.