Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Oak_Beard" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 1:33pm

Bipods are being reworked

In an effort to balance a single gun (MG-14/17), bipods are receiving some changes. From the CTE patch notes:

"In this update we are tweaking the modifiers of the LMG bipod. The bipod for LMGs will now remove spread increase while firing entirely when mounted, however the reduction in horizontal recoil is smaller than before. Overall this change makes heavy MGs with high first shot spread multipliers benefit slightly more from the bipod, while high fire rate LMGs with high horizontal recoil will receive less benefit."

How will this affect the MG-15, which has a high FSM but also has high hrec?

So far this is the only feedback I've seen:

"The way the bipod now (15se17 cte patch) works is ridiculous it only lowers the horizontal recoil a little bit - way too little - i played with it on cte and it juist doesnt feel right for a bipod"

...which has me a bit worried. I'm not looking forward to bipods feeling drastically different.

If anyone has tried these changes, how do they feel? I asked for specific numbers on the adjusted values, but nothing so far.

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 8:39pm

Wow, the guys at DICE are actually listening to reasonable suggestions.

I'm looking forward to this change on the account it will no longer make the MG15 while bipoded a straight upgrade over other slower firing LMG's while bipoded. I'd prefer the faster firing weapons be restricted to their intended engagement distances instead of being straight-up lasers.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 10:15pm

The correlation between MarbleDuck's "suggestions" and what DICE actually changes seems to be suspiciously high...

This is one change that has the potential to ruin the game for me. LMGs with bipods are what I most enjoy using since they offer unrivalled versatility. The spread increase buff will probably only help the likes of the BAR Telescopic. But I'm not looking forward to having to throw the heavy, German MGs into the bin after this patch.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 10:58pm

This has been a problem of the Bipod since BF3. Glad to see its getting fixed.

The more accurate slow firing LMGs had nothing going for them once the fast firing LMGs achieved the same levels of accuracy.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 11:50pm

Apparently two people in this thread have never tried the Benet Mercie Telescopic.

The only reason the Lewis/Huot were bad vs MG-15 on the bipod, is the shit damage at range.

Also, where were all the cries for the last year about how horribly OP the bipoded MG-15 is? Oh right, it was never an issue.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 18th 2017, 12:39am

Hmm, maybe if you want long range bipod, you should choose an actual long range gun &#129300.

Post yfw in Vanilla the BAR tele out DPSes the Benet Tele at extreme ranges.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 18th 2017, 2:21am

Actually, I use the Benet Mercie Telescopic a lot, one of my favorites next to the Lewis LW.

That doesn't mean the bipod was not problematic.

It simply took something like the Parabellum to come along with its near Automatico levels of hRec to finally show that something needed to be done.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 18th 2017, 3:07am

Hmm, maybe if you want long range bipod, you should choose an actual long range gun &#129300.

I do, all the time. The Benet Tele is my fifth most used gun, behind the Madsen and MG-15 LW.

My point was the Tele clearly outshines the MG-15 past a certain range (60m?), and current bipod modifiers are far from making the low RoF LMG's irrelevant vs the MG-15.

Maybe instead of high-fiving each other, you PC guys could provide some feedback on how the change feels, like I asked in the OP.

Do ALL the guns have more Hrec on the bipod? Did the change affect Vrec reduction at all? The B/M Tele feel any different? How much worse is the MG-15 LW at range? The Hellriegel Defensive was kinda fun before, is it pointless now?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 18th 2017, 3:11am

I'd rather wait for the new data on the Bipod be released instead of using feeling.

Also, while you may be using long range bipods for long range bipodding, that doesn't stop arguably closer range LMGs being capable of extending their effective range to beyond reasonable numbers.

Computations with hitrater using current values:

MG15 Suppressive at 60m aiming at the chest with Bipod modifiers = 8 round burst will have the necessary 6 hits to secure a kill. It'll take 0.84s for all 8 rounds to exit the barrel.

BM Telescopic at 60m aiming at the chest with Bipod modifiers = 7 round burst will have the necessary 6 hits to secure a kill. It'll take 0.80s for all 7 rounds to exit the barrel.

I don't think that's a big enough difference and hopefully the new Bipod differentiates between them better.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 18th 2017, 3:40am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 18th 2017, 4:28am

Interesting, thanks for doing the math! So it does seem to start at 60m, and im sure grows exponentially from there.

Why not just adjust the base spread? I always thought it was a bit counter-intuitive for the Lewis to have worse spread than the MG-15, and the Parabellum shockingly gets the same great spread as the MG-15.

I think it would make much more sense for the Lewis to be at .18, the MG-15 to be .21, and the Parabellum to be .24 or even .27. At that point you may not even need to make a bipod change, or at least a much less aggressive one that doesn't much change the current feel that we've all grown used to.

Also, if anyone has some CTE gameplay using various LMG'S on the bipod they could upload, that'd be swell!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Sep 18th 2017, 5:27am)