Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "StormPooper" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 11th 2017

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, September 11th 2017, 4:49pm

Best weapons for each class

Hi guys :) I'm here to ask you which are the best weapons, on your thaughts, for each class after the last update.
I didn't get yet the season pass, so I'm interested in vanilla weapons only.
Currently I'm using mondragon optical on medic and russian sniper on scout. For support and assault I don't have a most used weapon at the moment.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, September 11th 2017, 10:16pm

The Fedorov Avtomat is fantastic for medics. Great in CQB and decent at medium range if you switch to semi-auto.

EDIT: just saw the sentence about vanilla only. I recommend buying ITNoTT, the Avtomat is practically Pay-2-Win for the medic class. :D
bob

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, September 11th 2017, 11:19pm

Hi guys :) I'm here to ask you which are the best weapons, on your thaughts, for each class after the last update.
I didn't get yet the season pass, so I'm interested in vanilla weapons only.
Currently I'm using mondragon optical on medic and russian sniper on scout. For support and assault I don't have a most used weapon at the moment.

Its all hugely variable, honestly.

Assault; i'd say its mostly taste, though the M1897 Hunter definitely comes out on top when comparing the shotguns of vanilla. If you use gas grenades, MP18 Trench is your best bet. Best conquest SMG is the Hellriegel and the best for trading is the Automatico.

Medic; Mondragon Sniper has basically no contest in long range other than the selbstlader 1906 sniper, which takes five decades to get. In close quarters, its a tossup between the M1907 and the Model 8. .25 if you prefer something challenging and .35 Marksman if your aim is fucking amazing.

Support; tbh most support weapons are pretty bloody great. THe Lewis Suppressive is the best versatility gun in the game, the Madsen is basically an assault rifle, the Bennet Mercie can substitute as a sniper, the MG15 has ridiculous pushing potential and room clearing capabilities, and the BAR is simply a razor. The Huot is literally a laser

Sniper; Literally completely reliant on your taste and prefered engagement distance. Unless you want something high skill, then you grab the Martini for satisfying af kills, or if you absolutely hate yourself, then you grab the M1903 experimental.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, September 12th 2017, 8:12pm

Support, IMO, has the most versatile primaries in the game. As was said above, there's one to for nearly every style of play, whether you want to go medium range or run with assault. I go with storm variants when available. I don't much care for the MG15 family.

Medic, in order of preference:
1906 factory
Mondragon Storm
Model 8 .35 factory.

Assault:
MP18 Optical or 97 Hunter.

Scout: Bleck! Don't play it.

I was planning to unlock the new Medic rifles but there's a new sherif in town called the Parabellum 14/17. It is so intensely gratifying to smoke those smug weenies packing Hellriegls and even Martinis. Going vanilla, you're missing out on a buzz saw.

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 5:59am

The Hellriegel is the most versatile Assault weapon. 60 round magazine, relatively low recoil, fast fire rate, and decent damage. Even after the nerf, it's still very potent. It's not as good as Automaticos and shotguns up close, and MP-18's and other weapons at longer distances, but versatility is the #1 factor of what makes a weapon the "best" in Battlefield. The Ribeyrolles is also pretty versatile, and with its bipod, the best ranged Assault weapon.

The Autoloading 8 .25 Factory/Optical is the best Medic gun in terms of raw killing power, but with only 5 bullets to a magazine, you have to be very accurate. It's a skill cannon, to be sure.

For run and gun, the BAR Storm is the best for Support. It functions like an assault rifle, so use it as such. But it only has 20 rounds per magazine, so like the Autoloading, you have to be at least somewhat accurate, and be careful about engagements with multiple enemies. The Madsen is similar, firing slightly slower but with more ammunition per magazine, so consider that option as well. Other than that, like BFAddict said, there's many viable choices with no clear "best" option.

For Recon, given that each weapon has very clear effective ranges, it depends entirely on the map. There isn't really a "best rifle," though I imagine someone could analyze the maps and come up with which rifle would work the best in most situations and maps. Looks like the new Vetterli-Vitali M1870 Carbine is the best option for aggressive running and gunning, though, with its 1-shot kill range being 20-50 meters.