Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Struggimento" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 9th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 8:56am

Change in movement system (ADAD spam "fix" or rather reduction) is now live on CTE. Plus some bug fixes.

In addition to some bug fixes a change in the movement system designed to reduce ADAD-spam is now live on CTE. In practice it is a reduction in acceleration and deacceleration, while top speed remains the same.

In my own opinion it is a big improvement, but it has had some negative effects on the general movement in the game I feel (outside of direct combat).

In addition I feel that is has indeed implicitly buffed the medic weapons, hitting that final shot with weapons with 8.35 etc. seems way easier now. Personally I felt this increased effectiveness includes medic CQ weapons as well for the same reason.

For those that don't have access to the CTE Drunkkz3 posted a short video example of how ADAD looks now: 09.08.2017 - CTE STRAFING / ADAD SPAM - YouTube

For the more or less full patch notes: New - PC Release : battlefield_live

Regards

Struggimento

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 1:30pm

Agree with the medic SLR indirect buff. Combat seems much more consistent now and thus, I love this change.

The 'clunky' feel can be allivieated with time by just getting used to it. As an avid ADAD/Crouch slide spammer, I got the hang of it in less than an hour.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 1:52pm

It is also a buff to the BAs, basically every weapon that requires more slow precise shooting. I reckon though that a moving spread bonus is in order now, though.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 10:13pm

Agree with the medic SLR indirect buff. Combat seems much more consistent now and thus, I love this change.

The 'clunky' feel can be allivieated with time by just getting used to it. As an avid ADAD/Crouch slide spammer, I got the hang of it in less than an hour.

Crouch slide? What's that?

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 10:34pm

Crouch slide? What's that?

Hitting crouch while sprinting will make you slide a bit, making you a fast moving, smaller target. Great for peeking and evasion.

You can see relaa using it a few times during the first minute of this video.

Russian DLC (exclusive) Gameplay - Recorded at Gamescom - YouTube

Several of your posts really illustrate how terrible battlefield is at explaining itself. This is a pretty core and important mechanic, providing an advantage to offensive play. I completely understand you don't know about it though.

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 15th 2017, 2:52pm

So that's what that is? I've seen other players do it before, but I just thought I was laggy or it was just some crappy animation glitch...