Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 5:14am

Recon has a smg? Anyways I am biased as I main scout but this change clearly hurts this class the most. Rendering pistols much less effective, support players more accurate and more deadly (meaning even worse suppression) and the buff to medic at range which at the very least will be effective in contesting at long range.

Medics will not be as good at close range, unsure of how they will do medium range vs lmgs but should be better when the better accuracy. Long range medics will at the very least be very competitive with scouts.. but it seems to me a same skilled player as medic now will out perform a same skilled scout player with the buff.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 5:17am

How?

Medics don't have any OHK weapons. Nearly all of Scout's are.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 6:24am

Recon has a smg? Anyways I am biased as I main scout but this change clearly hurts this class the most. Rendering pistols much less effective, support players more accurate and more deadly (meaning even worse suppression) and the buff to medic at range which at the very least will be effective in contesting at long range.

Medics will not be as good at close range, unsure of how they will do medium range vs lmgs but should be better when the better accuracy. Long range medics will at the very least be very competitive with scouts.. but it seems to me a same skilled player as medic now will out perform a same skilled scout player with the buff.

The 1903 Experimental is basically a SMG in all practical ways and is being balanced as such. It's just an absolutely awful SMG. Note this entry in the OP link:

Quoted

M1903 Experimental (.30-18 Auto)yes, it's effectively an SMG

Minimum damage: 13.5 ⇾ 15
Extended 4, 5, and 6 hit kill ranges.

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 9:37am

How?

Medics don't have any OHK weapons. Nearly all of Scout's are.

If you are playing the objective the "sweet spot" will never matter, my actual one hit kills are almost always headshots. Unless you hit a hurt enemy or headshot, you will have to follow up a sniper shot with a second or switch to pistol. A medic with headshot included I believe are for most 2 shots. With the much higher fire rate and most, a higher magazine count the medic should due decent against a scout but is at a disadvantage due to lacking in accuracy, range and bad damage drop-offs. In this patch they virtually buffed each of the things I just listed in how a medic is at a disadvantage. They are now more accurate, have less spread (in fact halve of what they did), kill in less bullets, "can be effectively fired at max rate of fire and reduces the recovery time needed between shots to help SLRs keep up with the decreased time to kill of automatic weapons" but also now should be able to statistically dominate scouts.

Also by basically nerving pistols as well, in increasing everything else, the once valid option in outgunning players with a pistol in cqc is no more and furthers the gap now made with scouts.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 10:55am

If you are playing the objective the "sweet spot" will never matter

There is more to playing the objective than directly interacting with the objective.

One shot killing enemies protecting or approaching an objective before they can deal any damage to you or your teammates also counts as playing the objective.

This is how planes which normally cannot capture flags or arm MCOMs are able to contribute.

The idea of PTFO as only being on top of objectives is way too narrow-minded.

"can be effectively fired at max rate of fire and reduces the recovery time needed between shots to help SLRs keep up with the decreased time to kill of automatic weapons"

Increased minSpread fire rate still does not allow them to OHK enemies.

They are now more accurate, have less spread (in fact halve of what they did), kill in less bullets

True, false, false.

They are indeed more accurate but only by 0.03 degrees. That is still not enough for them to equal Scouts. Really all this did was push their 100% chestshot distance by about 10-20m depending on the SLR.

They have half the Spread Increase Per Shot, not spread.

No they don't kill in fewer bullets. BTK did not change. The BTK shifts did. If they were 3-3 BTK before they are still 3-3. Same for 3-4 and the others.

None of these changes will help Medic outclass Scouts at long range. It'll certainly make it harder for Scouts to win at close and medium range though but that's not playing the class to its strengths.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Sep 10th 2017, 11:14am)

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 3:31pm

If you actually think you can't PTFO while in sweet spot range, you need to get better at range estimation. If only the objectives told you how far away they were...
Who Enjoys, Wins

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 4:06pm

If you actually think you can't PTFO while in sweet spot range, you need to get better at range estimation. If only the objectives told you how far away they were...

Funny thing, while using the new Vetterli-Vitali rifle I actually found myself missing out on OHKs for being too far away trying to clear people off a objective area. 50m is apparently much shorter range than what I can estimate.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 6:58pm

The idea that only people =getting their kills within 12 meters can be relevant to the outcome of the game is ridiculous. Or that they always have to be physically in the zone.\

I can't tell you how many times I've seen objectives be saved or captured thanks to good snipers or mortar fire or people in a good position firing in on the capture zone.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "LeGarcon" (Sep 10th 2017, 9:01pm)

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 3:35pm

Huot horizontal recoil: 0.16 ---> 0.28, and they're calling a 75% increase "slight". With it's 26 round mag and slow fire rate, accuracy was all it had going for it and I appreciated that to the point that it is my preferred LMG. But if these changes go retail then I cannot see me using it over the Perino LW.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 6:09pm

Huot horizontal recoil: 0.16 ---> 0.28, and they're calling a 75% increase "slight". With it's 26 round mag and slow fire rate, accuracy was all it had going for it and I appreciated that to the point that it is my preferred LMG. But if these changes go retail then I cannot see me using it over the Perino LW.

Yeah, and the 20 min damage basically guarantees a 6 shot kill at range anyway.