Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, September 4th 2017, 7:06am

I like your observations, JSLICE. That's what separates us Symthicians from the knee-jerk reactors from the Battlefield forums and Reddit. Still, I can't say I completely agree. As Uri said, bring up some of the SMG damage drop-off ranges instead. Even though they're close range weapons, 30-some meters is pretty abysmal for a gun to hit its minimum damage. Battlefield's scope is just too large to play with such small values. In my eyes, anyways.

By the way, somebody refresh me with the body multipliers for the Scout rifles, both the ones with "sweet spots" and the ones without (Gewehr M.95 variants and Russian 1895 Trench).

Seems like the bar is now a ultra rape gun. In fact seems all the lmg are pretty op now and paired with that, medics buff long range and ability of faster accurate ROF.... Scout class is greatly impacted and May be stat wise be simply useless. I'll still play it, but having a whole class be simply inferior to the others is a balancing issue in the wrong direction.

Yet, the community is complaining mostly about the Hellriegel M1915, Automatico M1918, and Chauchat buffs the most, even though they had noticeably smaller buffs than their direct competitors.

For instance, the retail Chauchat kills as fast as standard-damage machine gun that fires 720 rounds per minute (20% faster than the M1918 BAR and even slightly faster than the MG 14/17). In the CTE, it kills as fast as a standard-damage machine gun that fires 540 rounds per minute (same as Madsen, 10% less than the M1918 BAR). So, going by absolute raw close range TTK, it almost-literally lost 25% of its close range potential when compared directly to the other machine guns.

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:32am

>tfw Scout is "simply inferior to the others" when its primaries have OSK potential at specific ranges

Totally, the class designed for long range effectiveness is completely inferior to Assault at long range, Support at long range, and Medic at long range. /s

Someone doesn't know what the Sweet Spot mechanic is.

Sweet spot mechanic aside as it was already in the game... by buffing all the other classes with there time to kill, having both medic and support be more deadlier at long range and paired with how suppression works you are indirectly nerfing the scout class. Already a good medic can out "snipe" a scout- now you will have your average medic/support demolishing average scout players who are trying to either play the objective or clear it out. You will see dice either have to "buff" the scout class in some way or less people will play it and with much more scout players go farther to the hills.

The sweet spot mechanic was implemented to, besides from have some variations from sniper rifles, to try and get scout players to play the objective or overlook it. Having a buff in the medic and support class in this same "sweet spot" area not only weakens the scout class but depending on the extent may make it obsolete.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, September 4th 2017, 11:14am

Here's what I'd do with the Scout rifles, for meow. . .

Sweet-Spot Rifles

Upper Arm Multiplier: 0.9 > 1.0
Forearm Multiplier: 0.75 > 0.9
ADS Base Spread (Moving): 1.0 > 0.75 (Bar SMLE MKIII Carbine.)
Hipfire Accuracy (Moving) (Standing / Crouch / Prone): 2.668 / 2.335 / 2.001 > 2 / 1.667 / 1.334 (SMLE MKIII Carbine)

Gewehr M.95

Lower Body, Upper Arm, Forearm, and Leg Multipliers: 0.93 > 0.95
ADS Base Spread (Moving): 1.0 > 0.667 (Bar Gewehr M.95 Carbine.)
ADS Base Spread (Moving): 0.5 > 0.4 (Carbine)
Hipfire Accuracy (Moving) (Standing / Crouch / Prone): 2.668 / 2.335 / 2.001 > 2 / 1.667 / 1.334 (Carbine)
(The multiplier buffs for these aren't quite as significant as the ones for the "sweet spot" rifles, hence the larger strafing spread reduction.)

Russian 1895 Trench & Cavalry

Lower Body, Upper Arm, Forearm, and Leg Multipliers: 0.93 > 0.95
ADS Base Spread (Moving): 1.0 > 0.75
Two-Hit Kill / 50 Damage Range: 47 meters > 70 meters (Trench)
Two-Hit Kill / 50 Damage Range: 52 meters > 75 meters (Cavalry)
Hipfire Accuracy (Moving) (Standing / Crouch / Prone): 2.668 / 2.335 / 2.001 > 2 / 1.667 / 1.334 (Trench)
Hipfire Accuracy (Moving) (Standing / Crouch / Prone): 4 / 3.5 / 3 > 3 / 2.5 / 2
(These changes are to put it more in-line with the RSC 1917 buffs, which it got to both damage drop-off and accuracy alike.)

EDIT: Revised some of the accuracy changes for the SMLE MK III Carbine and Gewehr M.95 Carbine.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Sep 4th 2017, 11:31am)

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, September 4th 2017, 11:31am

With the Fedorov Avtomat, make it a three-to-five shot kill rifle (with slightly less damage than the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended).

I think a 3hk at 450 rpm might be a bit much. That would render the Auto .25 a bit pointless. Maybe a 4-5hk instead of 4-6, with a solid 4hk range to 35-50m?

I wish they'd look at others ways to buff the Lewis and Huot. Having the BM, Lewis, Huot, and MG15 (AND the Perino?) all 4-5hk, and all between 450-500rpm sounds a bit boring. What if there's no recoil nerf, but damage goes to a 4-6hk, or even a flat 5hk, with the Lewis having amazing base spread. The Supressive could be a gun that excelled at even longer range than the BM Tele, with a bigger mag. The Huot could get improved handling, like a faster ADS time and better moving spread. Idk. Anything to make them stand out a bit more.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Sep 4th 2017, 12:19pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 4:27am

I suggest a new 45-38 damage model for the M1906 on top of the range buff it received. This will allow it to compete better with the 8.35 and it's ability to reduce it's 4 bullet kill at range to 3 with just 1 headshot. Essentially this will allow the proposed M1906 to always be a 2 shot (with 1 headshot). The 45 max damage allows it to exceed 75 damage with a headshot which will allow for more assist counts as kills.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 5:17am

Won't happen, the M1906 shares its bullet with the M1916, Mondragon, and Liu.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 5:49am

Would it be difficult to give it a unique bullet in game despite it being the same caliber?
Edit: Or would it be overpowered in any way to give the damage model to all those slr?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Deicide" (Sep 5th 2017, 6:07am)

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 8:34am

DICE would never go for it. They've been super insistent on keeping guns with the same caliber in the same class with the same damage model and so on.

Also with the DLC going live in a few hours, any word if the CTE changes will be implemented?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LeGarcon" (Sep 5th 2017, 9:07am)

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 10:27pm

I wouldn't be so quick to coronate the BAR as "God" gum:
At max damage, the DPS of the Madsen will only be 5% less than the BAR, vs the current 10%. And still with a 50% larger magazine.

I also think negative reaction to the Hellriegl premature. I don't see the huge deal about it already. Thinking of times I've been killed by it, there's very few where an MP18 or Automatico wouldn't have done the same thing.

It really needs that big mag cuz it takes a lot of strafing to kill. I personally prefer the MP18 optical for accuracy and the Automatico storm if I'm going to get close in.

I don't understand the shotgun changes, but if they amount to a nerf to the M10 hunter, I'm all for it. It's OHK range is absurd for a shotgun.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 10:54pm

A bunch of the SLRs are effectively clamped to "close range". Those weapons absolutely should be able to compete with other "close range" weapons because the medic class is more than just a syringe spammer, and it needs to be able to kill in CQB in order to effectively use the syringe in the first place.

They are opening up the range of those SLRs a little bit with current patch, but slashing their relevance at the most statistically relevant ranges, and ranges syringe spammers cannot avoid while using said syringe.

It would be fine for the SLRs dominated mid range in theory but the mid range barely exists in battlefield and you have to content with the LMGs, and then just a bit further the BAs.

"Long range" is simply not relevant if you're playing to win, we need to stop pretending that "mid to long range" buffs can compensate for shorter ranges where all the killing and flag capturing actually happens. Weapons should be balanced around the actual meta, or in creating new meta. Not pretending the game is something it isn't.