Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 18th 2017, 10:57am

If BF1 is to stay in that 300-450ms range, it cannot retain 5 hit kill with the globally slower fire rates.

5 BTK worked for BF4 with its weapons being mostly above 600 RPM.

Most of BF1's weapons are well below that.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, September 18th 2017, 11:33am

If BF1 is to stay in that 300-450ms range, it cannot retain 5 hit kill with the globally slower fire rates.

5 BTK worked for BF4 with its weapons being mostly above 600 RPM.

Most of BF1's weapons are well below that.

BF1 can achieve this. Example MP18: 4BTK up to ~35m, 5BTK up to ~55m, 6BTK afterwards. That's the BF3 carbine + Hbar BTK - 1. I could only dream though.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 4:45am

Then show your support for it on the CTE subreddit.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 4:55am

BF1 can achieve this. Example MP18: 4BTK up to ~35m, 5BTK up to ~55m, 6BTK afterwards. That's the BF3 carbine + Hbar BTK - 1.

Ho'boy. This would be awesome, but Reddit is already flipping out with the 12m, 4 BTK. They would throw an absolute hissy fit if that were increased to 35 fucking meters with a 55m 5 BTK.

"diec, y u make smgs realllly powerful???!! It's ww1 ffs! Buff the boltactions insted!!!"
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 6:50am

BF1 can achieve this. Example MP18: 4BTK up to ~35m, 5BTK up to ~55m, 6BTK afterwards. That's the BF3 carbine + Hbar BTK - 1.

Ho'boy. This would be awesome, but Reddit is already flipping out with the 12m, 4 BTK. They would throw an absolute hissy fit if that were increased to 35 fucking meters with a 55m 5 BTK.

"diec, y u make smgs realllly powerful???!! It's ww1 ffs! Buff the boltactions insted!!!"

I am all for lower TTK on the CTE subreddit. I believe lower TTK allows for a higher acceptable level of acceleration as well, meaning more maneuverability for other classes to evade scout fire. I hope that DICE understands the interlinkage of TTK, movement and class balance, but still I am going to advocate on the CTE subreddit for more decrease in TTK.

As for some posters in the CTE subreddit, I surmise that either they are scout mains themselves, or they have not played against good scout players. With BF1's open map design being locked in, assaults need all the help they can get.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 1:02pm

BF1's open map design.... assaults need all the help they can get.

This bollocks again? I expect this on reddit/youtube/etc but not around here. There's cover everywhere. It doesn't have to be 5ft high and made of stone to be cover.
Also, smoke exists.
Also, squad spawns, vehicle spawns, flag spawns.
LOTS of ways to avoid being out of cover in front of a sniper.

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 5:28pm

BF1's open map design.... assaults need all the help they can get.

This bollocks again? I expect this on reddit/youtube/etc but not around here. There's cover everywhere. It doesn't have to be 5ft high and made of stone to be cover.
Also, smoke exists.
Also, squad spawns, vehicle spawns, flag spawns.
LOTS of ways to avoid being out of cover in front of a sniper.
You are neglecting the base rate. The numerator does not tell the full story. A rational thinker will not necessarily arrive at your conclusion given your stated arguments. By presenting only one side of the issue you are creating high contrast between your position and theirs. This adds drama, and can be quite persuasive. However, it should not be persuasive to the carefully observant. The only point in your argument where you accounted for the base rate was one of obvious hyperbole and no backing. I dispute the fact that cover is everywhere, and also the claim I assume you were implying: cover is sufficient for classes to be reasonably balanced. I think even after the changes; scout will still be significantly better as an anti-infantry class. I think map design has a lot to do with that. Take st. Quentin scar: they can use all of those tactics and they will work to some degree. Not well enough, and they can not be used often enough. The average player barely uses any of these frequently or competently enough to successfully mitigate my point and click, insta-kill, adventure. It only takes a fraction of a second out of cover(smoke) to be killed by my sniper.

Also, are you suggesting to counter a sniper by being killed and respawning somewhere better? In my experience this has not been enough of a counter. It doesn't work theoretically for me either, perhaps you could sketch it out for me. I think it is misleading to suggest that vehicles are a good counter to snipers. They may or may not counter scope glint snipers. However, they are primarily fighting: assaults, vehicles, and farming infantry running around flags. Farming general infantry is only 3rd on a vehicle's priority, and I would argue that a stationary distant sniper is in a lower priority sub-category within that division. In fact: with the K-bullet, scout is actually a soft counter to vehicles. It is fine to disagree with my arguments, after all I could be completely wrong. My arguments are hardly robust, and my conditional statements are loosely defined, such that better information could dramatically shift my stance on this topic. Despite that, I can be satisfied that I at least attempted to give a principled account of my reason for disagreement while dignifying my interlocutor with respect for their intelligence and an assumption of honesty and decency.

This discipline is taxing and may seem too demanding. Though if we critically examine the efficacy of a dismissive and galvanizing ejaculation we may find that it too seems hardly worthwhile.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 8:15pm

"Fun fact: no BF game has such a high cover density like BF1."
-https://twitter.com/Kenturrac/status/908089199718490113

it's not all about the density though

I know DICE has fancy tools for determining Lines of Sight etc. (and apparently cover density too), they probably have everything cover-related under control, and I think theydidn't accidentally or intentionally change cover structure massively from bf4.

One thing that did change though, is that sniper rifles are way stronger. Difficulty in securing a kill at range is reduced through both a larger OHK hitbox and faster bullet velocity. Also, min damage is higher, meaning if you are hurt (even just 20%) you'll die in one shot. All over increased OHK potential.

I.e. deadliness of being out of cover has gone up (maybe not a bad thing).

This buff to snipers (at range) also means there will be more of them (in long range positions). [citation needed]

In Bf4 I usually notice a sniper by other means than getting one hit killed. There is both a larger chance of a near miss (due to slower velocity) and a lower chance of death if hit (lower damage). In Bf1 you just die.

have to round this off now, but as you see maybe people are just not used to bf1 snipers yet, or maybe snipers are too powerful in relation to what cover there is. Maybe snipers are lacking in counterplay.

Disclaimer: just a quick look at it, this post was written in a hurry, Bf1 playtime: ~20h

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 10:53pm

Honestly... I don't have all that much issues with opposing snipers. Cover is plentiful and most maps allow for decent navigation between different areas. Of course it helps that the average guy with a bolt rifle sucks at aiming.

Obvious vantage points that cover a wide area are hard to avoid in some cases, like the balcony adjacent of C on Ballroom or a good scout utilising the sweet spot mechanic in very specific routes/areas (which you need to be aware of).
Despite that, scouts just are an annoyance much like in previous titles with the bonus that they sport more killing potential. From a PS4 perspective, I'm more bothered with auto-rotation allowing for all too easy hits with precision weaponry more than the huge amount of scouts running around. Especially now with other weapons getting a increase in their performance should make for a pretty equal playing field.

Scout is a strong class, so you either play assuming that the guys using it suck at shooting and will miss you or attempt to reduce exposure on yourself while moving around.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Yesterday, 2:26am

"Fun fact: no BF game has such a high cover density like BF1."
-https://twitter.com/Kenturrac/status/908089199718490113

Wow, I am very, very interested in how he got that statistic. I would agree that there are some very high cover density areas in maps, namely capture points. But we do not want that. We want more uniform cover density, not spikes in cover density. If that is their line of thinking, I can finally comprehend the trend in map design since, and including, BF3 End Game.