Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "LeGarcon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:42am

Best handguns?

Sometimes I have a bit of a hard time parsing all the raw numbers and so in into definitive ideas and comparisons.

I'm a little fuzzy on what standing all the handguns have in relation to each other.

What would you guys say is the best handgun? Best revolver? Are any of them just plain crap and made obsolete by others?

Or at the very least some sort of basic advice on what archetypes there are?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 2:29pm

Mle 1903 best overall

1903 Hammerless/Taschenpistole/1915/Frommer easiest to use

All revolvers are good. Use class exclusive revolvers unless you're in a map where Gasser/Bodeo/Doge's slow reload would be bad, use Nš3 instead.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 2:43pm

Why the 1903?

Why not the Borchardt? They have the same fire rate and the same bullets to kill at all ranges.

Or the Steyr? It's class exclusive but it's the same fire rate and has a better damage model.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 3:57pm

Why the 1903?

Why not the Borchardt? They have the same fire rate and the same bullets to kill at all ranges.

Or the Steyr? It's class exclusive but it's the same fire rate and has a better damage model.
Deploy time. Useable iron sights, cuz Borchard bumps all over the place.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 8:17pm

And I'm assuming the lower fire rate of the 1911, P08, and the C96 count them out?

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 10:12pm

Medic: 1.Auto Revolver /Taschenpistole
2. M1911
3. C93

Assault: 1. 1903 Pocket Edition
2. 1911
3. No.3

Support: 1. Modello 1915/c93
2. M1911
3. No.3

Scout: 1. Frommer Stop.
2. Bodeo
3. M1911

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:47pm

Ranking Everything in BF1 Redux

I like revolvers for the most part, especially the auto (Webley-Fosbery, as it's properly known.)
If I'm toting one of the slower LMGs, it's the Steyr 1912 over the Bulldog.
Assault I usually just go with the Mle 1903 or 1911. I don't like the Gasser. The Howdah is kinda fun to use sometimes. But I don't use sidearms nearly as much playing assault.
I rarely play scout, but when I do...well Mle 1903. I don't get the Frommer Stop. The only thing the Frommer seems to Stop is my breathing.

I agree, the C93 seems to whip all over the place.
I'm still peeved at no 1917 revolver.

Date of registration

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 1:08am

Medic: 1.Auto Revolver /Taschenpistole
2. M1911
3. C93

Assault: 1. 1903 Pocket Edition
2. 1911
3. No.3

Support: 1. Modello 1915/c93
2. M1911
3. No.3

Scout: 1. Frommer Stop.
2. Bodeo
3. M1911
Where is Mars? IDC about consoles, but it's very reliable against ADAD-spamers.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 2:53am

TL;DR:
Class-specific revolvers, and frommer stop
1903, No. 3, 1911.

Deploy time.

This. At 450ms also the reason why the 1903 beats the 1911 (550) (and practically every auto pistol excluding frommer (first in class at 400ms with first class DPS to match) ) and the No.3 (470ms) beats the Auto revolver (600ms!) inside of 10m.

1903 is also very consistent, enduring limb shots (and with high damage, compensating as a finisher for limbshots from sniper rifles), and maintaining BTK all the way out to 16m.
No 3 also has better hipfire than most revolvers and a fast (for a revolver) reload.
The 1911 reload is fast, TTK is OK, for multiple enemies it's hard to beat.

Gasser range is nuts with 2BTK out to 22m and reduced ADS spread.
Howdah is the dark horse with OK draw time, super high DPS and fast reload. If you don't miss much it's a beast.
Bulldog and bodeo TTK are insane but reloads are near intolerable.
Frommer stop draws fastest and kills fastest but low damage per shot makes it unforgiving of real world stuff like limb shots.

So to expand on the TL;DR:
Class-specific revolvers for low TTK usually with horrible draw times and reload times; and frommer stop
1903, No. 3 if you need to be reactive; 1911 if you've already got it drawn..

You need to ask yourself what the pistol is for;
Is it a defacto 'primary' to complement the rifle in your loadout - is it proactive, you're walking around with it drawn using it entirely to kill multiple enemies;
Or is it a backup in case your primary runs out of ammo, or is it a finisher for sniper rifles and slugs - is it reactive, you pull it out for brief moments where it's needed?

I made this list and numbered them by ranking first, then broke it down into proactive vs reactive headings.

Medic:
- Proactive
2. Auto Revolver
4. 1911
- Reactive
1. No. 3
3. 1903

Assault:
- Proactive
3. 1911
4. Howdah
- Reactive
1. 1903
2. No.3

Support:
- Proactive
2. 1911
4. Bulldog
- Reactive
1. No. 3
3. 1903

Scout:
- Proactive
3. M1911
5. Bodeo
- Reactive
1. 1903
2. Frommer Stop
4. No. 3

Date of registration

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 8:21am

Howdah is the dark horse with OK draw time, super high DPS and fast reload. If you don't miss much it's a beast.
Well, 3.3s for 4 bullets in mag isn't fast. It's OK(3.17s) for Medic's Webley-Fosbery and his 6 bullets, but 4 bullets with that insane Hrec makes Lancaster Howdah not very reliable.

Actually, there are a lot of sidearms that are good depending on your playstyle. Only some of sidearms are kinda odd due to their class restrictions:
-Gasser, Assault super-aggresive playstyle requires a real backup sidearm and Gasser's reload can lead you to grave easily. But the other main disadvantage is a poor muzzle velocity of 230m/s that screws up it's damage model completely
-Mauser C96, that pistol has good range capacities... which Medic's SLRs already have
-Steyr M1912, FN M1903 seem to be plain better, 0.3vs0.4 minspread and 15vs13.5 mindamage do not worth dat wonky reloading circus

But using these pistols won't really make any real disadvantages. Yes, there are better options, but not that much. Except for troll joke gun named Kolibri, OFC =).