Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, August 11th 2017, 10:48pm

Or at least DICE would use some more brain and change "destroy 2 planes with LMG" to something like "deal 1000 damage to planes" so you won't have a willing to murder a teammate and his whole family beacause he is the person who shot this last bullet.

Like what someone on Reddit said, use Stationary AA to disable a plane and finish it off with your Madsen.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, August 11th 2017, 11:12pm

lol more AT mine assignments? I thought the one to unlock the Hellriegel Defensive was annoying and frustrating enough to do. Now instead of killing 25 enemies, you have to destroy 25 vehicles. No more 3 bang 1 trap "easy" way out.

On the side note, for myself the EOD BOT challenge from BF3 was the most fun + rage-inducing challenges to do, but at least there was the fun part.

That took me one round... I don't know if PC had the option, but consoles for awhile had a hardcore/no map server option -- Tehran Highway, spawn as support, throw down ammobox in spawn, then suicide myself and respawn as an Engy for unlimited EOD bots (not that I needed them)... Three mooks in a tank camping the middle flag, automatic triple kill -- And they didn't know what the hell was going on since there were no enemies around them until it was too late... For the next few minutes all I did was stalk random infantry and by the time I got to 11 or 12 kills I took mercy on them and left to join a different map... Fun times...

Quoted from "botafogo4life"

Skidloader kill trophy

This right here is what's missing from these assignments, they're just not creative and fun enough. They're a bit odd sure, but with very little that gets into "silly/fun" territory, mostly just being tedious/annoying.

BF3 had a dog tag for flying a heli under every crane on Oman (IIRC), that's the sort of thing I want to see here. The other half of this is just how high the number values of the requirements are; Gas Grenade kills as Medic isn't bad, but 50 of them!? That's absurd. If you're going to do silly/odd assignments, the actual requirements have to be low.

Exactly! While I didn't get all the trophies, so many of those old assignments were fun because they gave you free reign to employ your own ingenuity... And what's more, more often than not when I failed or screwed up the challenge, it was legitimately funny instead of depressing and rage-inducing... I spent a week on Complete Warrior (get a kill with an Assault Rifle, Tank, and Jet in one life) and no matter the order I did them in, I always found a way to screw up the third part in the most hilarious way possible... Even years later I can name the map, game mode and situation for each one of my five multi-kills (the third one was truly youtube-worthy had I been recording), and ironically completing some of the tougher ones are still my fondest memories of BF3...

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, August 11th 2017, 11:53pm

I do not get why they would be behind an assignment anyway

To appease the "muh prugreshun" crowd.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 1:00am

I like having to work for guns. Little iffy on the specializations though. Especially after looking at the list.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 9:10am

Here's my issue with all this. I don't have a problem with any single assignment, I have a problem with BF1 not having new content (or balance changes, or major bug fixes, or RSP additions) in six months, then locking all the new gameplay content behind over 30 assignments, meaning we won't really get to meaningfully play with all/most of them until the game's first anniversary.

If you want to include progression and assignments, give us the guns and specs right off the bat, then have assignment for using them which give skins, dog tags, etc.
Who has fun, wins.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 9:26am

Yeah, I guess, but this is not progression, it is a basic feature, they implemented later. In progression based games, RPGS, some features are also introduced later, after you learned the game, but this is hardly the case here. I am rather fond of dogtags for 500 kills and skins for the use of gadgets and similar, but I find it absurd to hide features behind assignments that are also so basic you will forget what you need to do to fulfill them.

Something in their devteam is askew, I understand them not wanting to make a game overhaul, which is desperately needed, but instead use new/old features that are easy to implement, but even if these perks did the game a little bit of good, many players will never know, because 6 hours playtime is a lot to ask for in a game they already abandoned.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 1:14pm

@BleedingUranium
so... like it has been since the start of bf1?
i don't feel llike that would accomplish much honestly. it'd be just like the other dlc, except that would last just that tiny little bit longer.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Monday, August 14th 2017, 11:55pm

The sick irony is if the weapons were just given to us off the bat that's the SAME crowd who would be screaming for more content a month later...

I mean hell, after getting the shortcut kit I have like 4,000 war bonds and nothing to spend them on. Why can't I use them for this instead? :huh:

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 12:25am

I like having to work for guns. Little iffy on the specializations though. Especially after looking at the list.

Base idea is nice, but some of the challenges are annoying grind again: 25 kills with AT mines... again... Destroy 10 tanks with Crossbow HE - good luck with 8 damage every 15s. DICE still can't understand that with K bullets/Mortar HE/Crossbow HE/Rifle Grenade HE challenges should be just for damage and not vehicle destroys.
I think that it would be great if DICE make similar system to weapons assigments, like complete 2 of 3-4 challenges to unlock, so you can skip frustrating ones like with Rifle Grenades(I hate taking noob tube over syringe).

Base idea is nice, but some of the challenges are annoying grind again: 25 kills with AT mines... again... Destroy 10 tanks with Crossbow HE - good luck with 8 damage every 15s. DICE still can't understand that with K bullets/Mortar HE/Crossbow HE/Rifle Grenade HE challenges should be just for damage and not vehicle destroys.
I think that it would be great if DICE make similar system to weapons assigments, like complete 2 of 3-4 challenges to unlock, so you can skip frustrating ones like with Rifle Grenades(I hate taking noob tube over syringe).

Seriously. The only way your going to get the vehicle kills with RG or Xbow is if the rest of the team softens them up then lets you deliver the cous de gras. Place limpets on 25 armored cars? Slow-moving tanks are hard enough to catch up and place a limpet. Plus placing a limpet on a vehicle that's not empty and standing still is usually a suicide bombing.

May as well make it 20 kills in a round with the Kolibri.
I
I'll be forced to play my least favorite mode: Conquest.

Worst of all, IMO, it discourages PTO. If I'm off trying to be catch up with armored cars to place a limpet or kill a vehicle with an RG, a slot on the team is wasted.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 8:43am

Worst of all, IMO, it discourages PTO. If I'm off trying to be catch up with armored cars to place a limpet or kill a vehicle with an RG, a slot on the team is wasted.

Honestly, it's this attitude I can't stand more than any other in the BF community. I play games to have fun. If charging a flag and capping it to secure an area is fun, I'll do that. If spending literally an entire match as a Fighter (and I don't mean Trench), just to see if the enemy is actually capable of taking me out is fun (which it is), I'll do that too. Does that help me see the word "Victory" written across the end-game screen, at least more than other things I could do? Probably not, but it's more fun.

You know what winning gets you? It gets you that "Victory" text instead of "Defeat" text, and I should add that that's over the exact same music and such either way. The only difference other than that one piece of text is whether you get a score bonus, which, seeing as I'm over Level 70 and all my classes are over Rank 10, is 100% worthless.

So no, I don't inherently find playing to win fun at all. It often is, as fighting the enemy and all that good stuff is usually enjoyable, but the goal doesn't have to be to reach 1000 arbitrary points first, there are plenty of other goals to have. Maybe my goal is to play an entire match with just pistols (which I haven't done I don't think, but that sounds like a fantastic idea), or faction-specific guns, or (as I always do) what are effectively cosplay loadouts of characters from other pieces of fiction, so I can roleplay a particular badass character I like. Or just simpler things like spawning as whatever class seems most fun, or whatever point seems most interesting, even if it's less "practical". Maybe I feel like repeatedly backcapping a flag and annoying the hell out of the enemy team that has to keep sending people back there. Sure that's definitely helpful to my team (usually), but really I'm just doing it because the act of doing it is fun.

It's the same attitude that says Syringe / Medpack is the One True Way to play Medic. Well too bad for them, because Smoke Rifle Grenades / Syringe and Frag RG / Healthpacks are both fun and effective too. Or Decoy / Periscope Scout, for maximum troll factor, it's fun.

That's not to say I don't try my best and play my hardest, I basically always do, but that doesn't mean I'm trying my hardest to win, because my goal isn't necessarily to get the Victory text. And by having fun, I'm winning at what I want to be doing. Assignments and the like are much the same thing, just given by the devs with actual rewards instead of given to yourself just for your own amusement.
Who has fun, wins.