Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, August 11th 2017, 5:15am

Holy Jesus, is dat real?
Heilreaggal is the best 4 assault, Sweeper/Selblaster 1916 4 medic, MG 15 4 support and Martin-Genry 4 sniper

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, August 11th 2017, 6:19am

Base idea is nice, but some of the challenges are annoying grind again: 25 kills with AT mines... again... Destroy 10 tanks with Crossbow HE - good luck with 8 damage every 15s. DICE still can't understand that with K bullets/Mortar HE/Crossbow HE/Rifle Grenade HE challenges should be just for damage and not vehicle destroys.
I think that it would be great if DICE make similar system to weapons assigments, like complete 2 of 3-4 challenges to unlock, so you can skip frustrating ones like with Rifle Grenades(I hate taking noob tube over syringe).
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, August 11th 2017, 6:33am

Base idea is nice, but some of the challenges are annoying grind again: 25 kills with AT mines... again... Destroy 10 tanks with Crossbow HE - good luck with 8 damage every 15s. DICE still can't understand that with K bullets/Mortar HE/Crossbow HE/Rifle Grenade HE challenges should be just for damage and not vehicle destroys.
I think that it would be great if DICE make similar system to weapons assigments, like complete 2 of 3-4 challenges to unlock, so you can skip frustrating ones like with Rifle Grenades(I hate taking noob tube over syringe).

Dont forget that you have to do "five of six requirements to complete a challenge", so you can just skip those BS requirements like destroying 10 planes with a syringe.
Russian forum is dead, isnt it?
Heilreaggal is the best 4 assault, Sweeper/Selblaster 1916 4 medic, MG 15 4 support and Martin-Genry 4 sniper

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, August 11th 2017, 10:41am

I love that DICE is adding so damn much content to ITNOTT.

Sadly, though, I do think DICE may potentially be overloading the community with a few too many assignments. Just between the guns and the specializations, we're looking at 33 assignments. Probably more with the new melee weapons? New content should bring back players and hopefully bring in some new ones. However, the grind to obtain such may actually backfire and just burn people out.

Maybe DICE will eventually put the DLC maps behind assignments? /s

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, August 11th 2017, 6:30pm

Sadly, though, I do think DICE may potentially be overloading the community with a few too many assignments. Just between the guns and the specializations, we're looking at 33 assignments. Probably more with the new melee weapons? New content should bring back players and hopefully bring in some new ones. However, the grind to obtain such may actually backfire and just burn people out.

Yeah, I really hope they stop the time-limited community missions once Tsar drops, it's getting close to too much stuff to do all at once.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, August 11th 2017, 6:54pm

Agreed -- And late-arriving players get shafted the hardest of all (I especially found that out the hard way as a late buyer of SW Battlefront.. Luckily I wasn't quite as far behind the curve in BF1) -- I'm *this* close to abandoning them altogether because I know my SPM and KDR would be much higher if I just used the stuff I'm most effective with, and there's no real guarantee I'd even use these weapons after unlocking them... Why can't everything just be unlocked by level like in the old days? Weapon/specialization assignments need to be so subtle you hardly realize you're progressing through them (i.e., Community Challenges), and save the more frustrating niche stuff for special trophies/dogtags/medals instead...

And for the record, it's not like I even hate niche or grindy assignments; in BF3 I LOVED some of those random challenges even if it took me a couple of nights (Skidloader kill trophy), a solid week (Complete Warrior trophy) or months (Rambo Dogtag). I just resent them standing in the way of weapons I paid to unlock...

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, August 11th 2017, 7:01pm

Skidloader kill trophy

This right here is what's missing from these assignments, they're just not creative and fun enough. They're a bit odd sure, but with very little that gets into "silly/fun" territory, mostly just being tedious/annoying.

BF3 had a dog tag for flying a heli under every crane on Oman (IIRC), that's the sort of thing I want to see here. The other half of this is just how high the number values of the requirements are; Gas Grenade kills as Medic isn't bad, but 50 of them!? That's absurd. If you're going to do silly/odd assignments, the actual requirements have to be low.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, August 11th 2017, 8:20pm

lol more AT mine assignments? I thought the one to unlock the Hellriegel Defensive was annoying and frustrating enough to do. Now instead of killing 25 enemies, you have to destroy 25 vehicles. No more 3 bang 1 trap "easy" way out.

On the side note, for myself the EOD BOT challenge from BF3 was the most fun + rage-inducing challenges to do, but at least there was the fun part.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, August 11th 2017, 9:53pm

Dont forget that you have to do "five of six requirements to complete a challenge", so you can just skip those BS requirements like destroying 10 planes with a syringe.
Russian forum is dead, isnt it?
Some way of practisizing my crap English, comrade Sparkosa) Symthic doesn't even support cyrillic symbols, they look like this here - это
I was talking about an option to choose from 2 of 4 challenges to complete with weapon assignments, so you can skip rifle grenades, AT mines, Tripwire bombs and other situative-limited things.
Or at least DICE would use some more brain and change "destroy 2 planes with LMG" to something like "deal 1000 damage to planes" so you won't have a willing to murder a teammate and his whole family beacause he is the person who shot this last bullet.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 11th 2017, 10:00pm

I do not get why they would be behind an assignment anyway... I mean they are reintroducing a feature from the previous titles, and nothing major either. Granted the requirements are not over the top like the grindfest we got for the last variants, but they are equally uninspiring and uncreative. It is supposed to be a timesink, which would be alright if the game was actually fun enough to play. People that want to come back now want to check out what changed and as this is a new feature they should be able to use it right away, forcing players to spend another 10ish hours into the game they already abandoned at least once might not be the smartest move.

I agree with tankmayvin on that. They removed a lot that was obviously well liked, and replaced it with inferior stuff. But instead of making the game work and adressing the reasons why so many people left, they reintroduce the former features, instead of overhauling the game.

And yeah BU has it spot on, in order to make assignments fun and not a grind you need to be creative with them and not hide content behind gaming hours. Flying under every crane on Oman is cool, shooting down five helis with the RPG is cool, using gadgets in an unusual way, that is something to boast about. Having 300 kills with the Hellriegel is not and destroying 25 vehicles with mines is not high-give worthy either. It's a chore or an errand.