Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 6:13pm

Quoted

Also, I feel like that's the way DICE is approaching this. The starting point is "add specializations", not "improve game".

I agree. Much effort is wasted. It's like DICE is not seeing the more important things.

Yep, this is true. But these things are easy to make compared to an overhaul, let alone redesigning of maps and the UX. So they add features that widen the gameplay. I mean perks are not necessarily good or bad, but they do not solve potential issues. I believe feature creep is the term.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 8:25pm

https://youtu.be/014o4Xbrgb8

So much for Flak preventing a OHK from Dynamite. This will almost certainly carry over to tanks being able to OHK Flak users with splash damage. Although I wonder whether Juggernaut + Flak would keep you alive against tanks just like it does against dynamite.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 9:39pm

Yeah the dynamite does more than 100 damage. I do guess though that the bonuses will not be cumulative, but what is it called, multiplicative? I guess the inner blast radius for dynamite is important here, effectively lowering the range in which it is deadly. Similar with tank rounds, a clear hit should kill, kill through splash damage not so often, I guess that was the design intent.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 9:50pm

Well that's good. I think dynamite and tank shells should still be able to kill people in one go.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, August 7th 2017, 12:10am

Yeah the dynamite does more than 100 damage.

But it says it has a max blast damage of 100 in the files (according to JSLICE20's thread anyway).

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 7th 2017, 12:13am

Yeah the dynamite does more than 100 damage.

But it says it has a max blast damage of 100 in the files (according to JSLICE20's thread anyway).

Hmm, I had it in my head that it did 125, back from release. MAybe there is a kind of modifier at work?

This post by "JSLICE20" (Monday, August 7th 2017, 1:52am) has been deleted by the author himself (Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 1:26am)

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:31pm

I still think the BF3 perks were supreme, because it offered a very basic teamplay element that could be combined to be very convenient with four different perks.

I do not know, this looks like the thing CoD has done for a while and depending on the bonuses it is just another factor to consider. Why was the guy not killed by the grenade? Because of flak. Another layer of possible inconsistency. Also I am not very keen on specializing the classes further, I still reckon classes should be good in killing infantry and then fulfil a distinct role. That's it. Basically the BF4 setup, medics should revive and should heal as well, while Assault should be able to deal with the vehicles. Support, suports by ammo and indirect fire, scout spots.

I mean these perks might be cool and all, but it is not a feature that will make players come back, when the underlying foundations have not changed. I also think that the game should be made fun first, and then we can make it better and polished with stuff like this. BF4 had perceived technical issues, and then received small new fine features when they were fixed.

Yeah, while I personally loved the BF3 perks, that game was designed from the start with perks in mind, and I'll admit being very apprehensive of DICE trying to add them after-the-fact... Because adding them in now just seems like a basic lapse of diligence and I don't see any way DICE doesn't put them in the extremes of either negligible/gamebreaking benefits... Besides, I'm already seeing ace squads completely mop up the map without them, and top infantry players are consistently going like 75-20 -- Aren't we just making the rich richer here instead of creating a more rounded, immersive playing experience? Nevermind the fact that DICE has carried over too many bad aspects from Battlefront so there's NO chance that they don't hide these perks behind some bullshit assignments that only highly skilled players can expect to finish within a reasonable amount of time and effort...

I played some CTE early this morning and most of the proposed changes really had me shaking my head -- With all the unaddressed issues in this game, WHY does DICE insist on "fixing" the stuff that isn't broken?? :huh:

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:37pm

Well that's good. I think dynamite and tank shells should still be able to kill people in one go.

+1

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:52pm

Hrm, two and a half times as long for something I don't use that often.

I might just try ditching it for a while and see how that works out then.

Thanks man.

Yeah... All this time I had no idea how much this was screwing up my Seb 1906 and Martini Henry assignments... So once I get my 25 kills for the assignment, the bayonet is going away for good