Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:08pm

if you revive a teammate, both of you get a sprint boost for 8s
if an enemy is spotted and then you suppress him, spot time increases
when your tripmine is triggered, if you are within 15m, the enemy is spotted
if you are suppressed, your grenade regeneration bar is stopped

If you see enemies being revived, assume they can sprint faster.
If you're being suppressed, assume you're still spotted (you should have been doing this anyway).
If you see a tripmine, assume detonating it means creating a spot flare.
And so on.

This is absolutely no different than all the other unknowns you have to make decisions on in the game. If you, as a tank driver, see a Support, you have to assume he has Limpets. On the flip side, as a Support who doesn't have Limpets or any other way to deal with a tank, you can still use this to your advantage by trying to stuck close to him, making him panic and focus entirely on you, giving your teammates an opportunity to hit him with actual AT weapons.

These sorts of psychological games based on limited intel/knowledge are the core of any good, well, any sort of competition really. If you're not sure if an enemy has a certain ability, you must assume he does, and act accordingly.

The stuff that I listed is exactly MOBA-like. MOBA characters have abilities that benefits you from playing it a certain way.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:16pm

The problem is you're saying that because MOBAs happen to have certain traits, those traits belong to MOBAs. Aren't MOBAs basically just RPGs anyway?
Who has fun, wins.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:30pm

List of all Specializations
Generic:
  • Flak: Incoming damage from explosions is reduced by 15%
  • Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
  • Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
  • Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
  • Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts longer and recovers more quickly
  • Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
  • Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares
Assault:
  • Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
  • Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
Medic:
  • Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed for 8 seconds (Does not stack)
  • Concealed Rescue: Downed Squad Mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)
Support:
  • Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your Bipod is deployed
  • Pin Down: The Duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
Scout:
  • Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
  • Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:31pm

Concealed Rescue and Scapegoat excite me the most.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:55pm

So we get to choose three of those at once?

That's gonna be a hell of a thing. Might be a little too much.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,825)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Friday, August 4th 2017, 9:16pm

Quick Unspot + Camouflage + Flex sounds incredibly juicy (and a pain in the ass for fighting back caps). But I'm excited to run it, a way to mitigate the strength of Spot Flares was needed, and while I enjoy the chicken fight when both players see eachother live on the map due to flares, it's kinda ridiculous how strong they were.

The speed boost after rez sounds wonderful since I chain slide + rez for the most part, and the smoke drop for rez sounds hilarious if the cooldown is tied to each player (since it should trigger based on the medic using the perk). 10/10 would Argonne again.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, August 4th 2017, 9:19pm

We've just got a lack of assault rifles as a weapon type this time around because of the setting is all. While I'm pretty hesitant to call many things in BF1 realistic welcome to the world before the assault rifle was invented, there was no all around do everything gun.

And people have been datamining stats to determine optimum engagement ranges for ages, there's thousands of pages back in the BF4 section about that if you wanna go trek through them.

Does feel a little sharper of a range divide though but I still hardly think it's MOBA-esque.

Except that BF1 combat has nothing to do with WW1 combat.

Also all of the short range weapons in BF1 actually function extremely well out to multiple times the distance IRL than they do in-game. As is typical of video games (for sensible balance reasons) the depiction of shotguns is a fucking joke. That's because game combat has nothing to do with IRL combat most of the time and so you need to make the guns act in a way that makes for a good game, not for an aunthentic firearm experience. You're mashing buttons on a mouse or a handheld thingy anyway, it's never going to be that aunthentic.

Like most video games, BF1 is very gamey in terms of it's depictions of firearms, but it has taken that gamey approach to the extreme with a very rock-paper-scissors level of balance. BF1 literally involves counting down to the meter where guns go from pretty decent vs other weapons to goddamn awful within a meter extra of distance.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 4th 2017, 9:24pm

Bayonet Training on Support? lol they better be adding bayonets to the Chauchat, BAR, Madsen, and M1909.

Controlled Demolition sounds... pretty useless. They should probably replace that one entirely.

Concealed Rescue sounds amazing, a perfect complement to my Smoke Rifle Grenades, Syringe, Smoke Grenades preset.

Unbreakable sounds fantastic too, especially for the accurate, long-range MGs, and especially vs Scouts.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, August 4th 2017, 9:41pm

Unbreakable sounds fantastic too, especially for the accurate, long-range MGs, and especially vs Scouts.
Ah, so this will buff my huot to absurd levels <3.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 4th 2017, 10:09pm

Ah, so this will buff my huot to absurd levels <3.

For maximum effect run Unbreakable, Cover, and something else. :thumbup:
Who has fun, wins.