Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:25pm

Specializations will be coming to CTE tomorrow

UPDATE: Newer version posted on main BF Twitter!

It's a "pick three" system, with seven universal perks and two class-specific ones. Assault, Medic, Support, Scout.

----

Here's the reddit thread, and I'll repost my own comment here:

Oh, I think I see how it works. Looking here, it seems that Defence, Speed, and Reload are not Specializations but rather categories. Also, I see PS4 controls here.

To the right, you can see a huge list of ~15 items which look to be the actual specializations, Quick Regen being one of them. Quick Regen is currently selected on the list, right above the "Community Test Environment" bar, and the second-to-last looks to be named "Unstoppable".

It looks like you get to pick one from each of the three categories at the same time.
Who has fun, wins.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Aug 3rd 2017, 11:51pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:29pm

Haven't the perks been widely regarded as being terrible stuff since BFC2?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:35pm

I love the concept of them, and how BF1 looks to be doing them looks fantastic. The real issue has always been implementation, especially if there are ones that alter damage/health, as well as BF4's buggy squad level-up perks and BF3's squad-wide-but-useless-if-stacked perks.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:55pm

Okay I must admit that I have a really bad feeling about this, but I will defer any talk until this feature is unveiled. But they did not fix ADAD, vehicle balance, capture zones, spawn location, spawn mechanics, gun play, to put out this? What happened to the "Help DICE prioritize" thread in CTE reddit? I am very confused and worried right now.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:58pm

Okay I must admit that I have a really bad feeling about this, but I will defer any talk until this feature is unveiled. But they did not fix ADAD, vehicle balance, capture zones, spawn location, spawn mechanics, gun play, to put out this? What happened to the "Help DICE prioritize" thread in CTE reddit? I am very confused and worried right now.

I'm very excited for the perks, but I do agree otherwise. I'm seeing far too much effort put into the DLC and stuff like this instead of all the existing issues in the game. DICE should take a page from R6 and delay all post-Tsar DLC a few months to focus on nothing but improving and revamping existing stuff.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 11:51pm

Looks like the leaked version was a much earlier build, main post updated!
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, August 4th 2017, 12:06am

Juggernaut?!

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, August 4th 2017, 12:28am

I'm not super duper concerned with the issues in the main game not being fixed. BF4 was pretty crap until after it's DLC cycle was finished if anyone remembers that far back. I get the feeling EA makes them prioritize DLC work above everything else and we'll see some quality of life improvements afterwards like we did with 4.

That being said, it is an uncomfortably long time until the DLC cycle is finished though.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 4th 2017, 12:42am

I still think the BF3 perks were supreme, because it offered a very basic teamplay element that could be combined to be very convenient with four different perks.

I do not know, this looks like the thing CoD has done for a while and depending on the bonuses it is just another factor to consider. Why was the guy not killed by the grenade? Because of flak. Another layer of possible inconsistency. Also I am not very keen on specializing the classes further, I still reckon classes should be good in killing infantry and then fulfil a distinct role. That's it. Basically the BF4 setup, medics should revive and should heal as well, while Assault should be able to deal with the vehicles. Support, suports by ammo and indirect fire, scout spots.

I mean these perks might be cool and all, but it is not a feature that will make players come back, when the underlying foundations have not changed. I also think that the game should be made fun first, and then we can make it better and polished with stuff like this. BF4 had perceived technical issues, and then received small new fine features when they were fixed.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, August 4th 2017, 8:16am

The real issue has always been implementation

Not really.

The concept of BF4's upgrade bar was fairly bad.

The concept of Reduced Fall is questionable even if its implementation fulfilled the design.

The concept of Explosives Mk. II is hilarious and it was successfully implemented.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.