Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 2:19am

25k players is nothing

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that sentiment. 25k peak daily is really big. BF4's 15k are plenty still. As long as there's 1k+ concurrent in your region you shouldn't have a problem, and I'd assume that at least 30% of the game's population is North American with at least another 30% being European.

Yes, less played modes/sizes will not be quite as readily available as they were with 100k+, but it'll still be a decent selection. It was for BF4 last time I checked a month ago.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 2:30am

For me the game was definitely worth the $120 I spent on it and after 500hrs I'm still having fun.
I can understand why people haven't enjoyed it as much as me but most of the issues they have don't affect me.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 6:51am

i was wondering, did dice really sell bf1 without physical copy in the end? i mean, that's insane to think about(an AAA retail game released without phisical cpy), but used games are really the island of salvation for players that want to spend less, but people here say it costs more on ps4 so... did they reallydo it?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 9:59am

25k players is nothing

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that sentiment. 25k peak daily is really big. BF4's 15k are plenty still. As long as there's 1k+ concurrent in your region you shouldn't have a problem, and I'd assume that at least 30% of the game's population is North American with at least another 30% being European.

Yes, less played modes/sizes will not be quite as readily available as they were with 100k+, but it'll still be a decent selection. It was for BF4 last time I checked a month ago.

It is sufficient as of now. And I agree that 15k for BF4 is quite astonishing and it goes to show how popular that gaming experience is considering age and the sales of the successor. So after almost 4 years now it is still popular. I do not see the same for BF1 right now, and I am looking further out and that is where I see problems. BF1 might hit a problem in some regions and/or times soon. Also with the idea of community servers pretty much dropped, the variety of the game clearly loses. If you are into specific stuff, you will likely have problems have problems to find suitable servers. I think this is an issue compared to BF4.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 11:15am

Battlefield 1 is currently 22.24 on PS Store. I think you'd have to be slightly mad not to get it at that price.

Operations is a fantastic addition to the franchise that really makes use of the World War setting of the game. I think a lot of people in "remote" areas or who play on PC struggle to regularly find matches for it, but you'd be perfectly fine playing on PS4 in Europe.

If Operations never existed in BF1, my copy would long be gathering dust. Conquest just has a startling lack of intensity in comparison; I really hope that in particular returns to its lofty heights in the next title.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 11:32am

BF1 might hit a problem in some regions and/or times soon. Also with the idea of community servers pretty much dropped, the variety of the game clearly loses. If you are into specific stuff, you will likely have problems have problems to find suitable servers. I think this is an issue compared to BF4.

Yes and no: With community servers as we'd seen in BF4 not being a thing, there isn't the mode/size/settings variety we saw in previous BF titles. This is true, this is very sad. It also means, however, that the offering of variety will hardly change if overall player counts go down. You will, just like you do now, find no conquest servers that aren't 64p with the standard rotation and no "server rules". Operations queue times will likely go up a little, but thanks to "find me any operation" it should work out ok. Frontlines will probably suffer the most.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 2:27pm

BF1 might hit a problem in some regions and/or times soon. Also with the idea of community servers pretty much dropped, the variety of the game clearly loses. If you are into specific stuff, you will likely have problems have problems to find suitable servers. I think this is an issue compared to BF4.

Yes and no: With community servers as we'd seen in BF4 not being a thing, there isn't the mode/size/settings variety we saw in previous BF titles. This is true, this is very sad. It also means, however, that the offering of variety will hardly change if overall player counts go down. You will, just like you do now, find no conquest servers that aren't 64p with the standard rotation and no "server rules". Operations queue times will likely go up a little, but thanks to "find me any operation" it should work out ok. Frontlines will probably suffer the most.

Yeah you are right, the fact that you have a very streamlined gaming experience that is only one click away, will likely ensure that you can play the standard for quite some time. However, we both believe, that this comes at the cost of something very dear to many players, the surrounding community with favourite servers, varied gameplay on them, social structures, clans and such. I believe this is a big factor why BF4 has not really had a big dent in playercounts for years, while BF1 has had a huge drop and a dwindling base. It really depends on how you weigh these things.

As an example, my favorite server from a clan with 30 mature guys gaming in BF4, was basically full from 10 am to 2am, it was that popular although it sported a wide range of DLC and few vanilla maps and 32 players, so not a very common thing, but it was still listed as official. They did the same for BF1, but nobody ever played on it knowingly, because they decided to remove the pick-up kits, which is a minor detail gameplay-wise, and was not official anymore. Then they changed to official and they still would not populate, because quick match is just such an easy tool. YOu might even play on a community server, but you never know, and you do not care. So big communites and social interactions will never really happen other than through hackusations, the game is totally anonymous.
Also the other always server populated with a similar setup had a strict "no jumping under fire"-rule and that got played, because some people think the game plays out better this way. Now we have only one interpretation of this game, and it is deemed the best, because we do not know an alternative.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 3:07pm

It's fun as a spammy deathmatcher. It's great looking and getting into a 'standard' game is easy but most of the other game modes are pretty much dead.
The maps feel very samey, the weapons feel awful and very spammy (except snipers) it's like they took the worst things from BF3 / BF4 and diluted them once more.
IMO No way this game will keep you interested as long as its predecessors, sad to say :(

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 4:41pm

Statistically, Operations are highly underplayed, so if that's what you want BF1 for I suggest you think twice about investing in the game. Unlike conq, it might actually suffer from enough player contraction that it will be tough to find games for.

I appreciate that Ops are popular for some people, but judging by the overall community response and playtime, they are a dismal failure.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 3:04am

The jury is still out for me... Right now I'm not having a lot of fun getting my balls constantly shot off, but I know I'm still catching up on the learning curve and I'll be at a disadvantage against the bulk of the player base until I'm up to speed...

DICE got some things very, very right, but there's a fair bit of "WTF were they thinking?" But I've gone all-in (Premium, Deluxe, Shortcuts) so you can bet I'm not walking away until I fully examine for myself everything the game has to offer and see which changes/improvements DICE has on tap... I will say that my biggest issues are the way vehicle warfare is currently set up, the complete lack of team balance and those stupid idiotic grindfest assignments which threatens to turn my gameplay experience into a tedious chore.

But it's important to remember at the end of the day that you can make the experience your own -- Ask yourself: What are you trying to accomplish? I know I don't really *have* to do the assignments, or play classes/game modes/maps/vehicles I'm weak with to properly enjoy myself, but I have OCD which demands I unlock everything and at least obtain a decent level of proficiency with every class/weapon/equipment...