Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:51pm

Seriously, Do you enjoy playing BF 1 ? Is it Fun enough to buy it?

Hi guys,

As I think this question might lead to a lot of controversies and discussion, I start a new thread. If this does not happen, then fuck it.

Well, my question is:

Is BF1 , despite all its problems, FUN to play and money well spent ?

I bought overwatch, because I wanted to have a fun shooter, but I cannot start enjoying the game, I dont enjoy it. WTF is wrong with me?
RB6:siege hell naw, too meme-ish.
I actually like Battlefield, I hate 64players, I hate any type of Air Craft, I hate dominating vehicles, but this makes it so varying and I LOVE the gunplay. But BF4 is just drained out for me... I know it too well now, from 2 years on PS3, 1 year on PS4 and now for a few month on my gaming laptop.
But I am not going to buy it, if I gonna hate it, as much as I did with the start of BF4.

btw. yeah, I know end 2018 new BF game. I could wait, BUT WW1 is a freaking interesting setting.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 12:04am

your experience seems pretty much the same as mine but inverted in time, the game is good and the gameplay too, but... i don't know, it feels like dice is a bit confused and honestly, i have a feeling that if you couldn't get into those other games you'll have a hard time with bf1 as well(althugh i may have almost 500 hours of bf1 on origin, i feel like i have barely more than 100, which is probably true considering origin counts in-menu time as well)

thing is though, igot the premium edition and for free(giveaway) so i don't even know if it'd be worth buying, i just know that it is a good game with not yet enough content/virtual variety for my taste, and if i had a gaming buddy for it(or anything really, but i only have ones for bland steam table games so whatev) i could probably play it extensively, but i didn't need that for bf3 and especially 4, so i'm not really sure...

oh, but there is the exception between us that i didn't hate bf4's start, but that's probably because it didn't feel broken at all to me, probably because i got used to the brokenness of bf3 on both pc and ps3 which made it borderline unplayable, so take all this with a grain of salt.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 12:48am

The setting is fun, and they did the best they could. Atmosphere is good although the maps are lacking distinctiveness in my book. They also seemed to realise that they did a lot of things wrong with BF1 and they are trying to fix it and there are more free things to be expected. These are the only good things I can say about BF 1, other than it being a title of the franchise.

Personally I have little fun with this game. I find the new mechanics meh at best, the balance and gunplay is not for me and the maps are all very bland from both looks and gameplay design. I could live with these things, although it kills a lot of the fun and my performance suffers, but the biggest issue I have with this game is that nobody that loved BF3 and 4 will play BF1 with me anymore, because they are more sick of the game than I am. For my mates the gaming experience was frustrating and inconsistent.
Furthermore all aquaintances I made from BF3 and 4 do not play anymore either, so I would be playing alone and DICE totally shitted on any community building features for the sake of getting more money. You play on DICE servers with people you will likely never meet again and that care just the same for you. Basically I would be one loner with 63 other loners in an ongoing loop of anonymous monotony.
Then BF1 also suffers from schizophrenia, as the game does not know what it wants to be. The game is about numbers and your aim, so in theory very competitive, yet they include things that can only bee seen as crutches for players with less "skill". Also the game is totally lacking any form of organisation, customization, tournaments or a understandable menu and UI. They will be announcing the E-Sport plans on gamescom, and I know I will hate everything they announce there, but this is likely where the road will go, so expect an abomination of the BF franchise, for the sake of more attention from streamers, content creators and therefore more revenue.

If you are alone in this game you will likely stay alone in BF1, and if you have mates I think you are better off getting another game, especially on PC. If you do want to play the new BF title, get the vanilla game, as it included a couple of free content now, and will likely get quite a few more free things before the dev cycle is over. I am guessing you will get TSNP for free soon. Also on PS4 you will have a much bigger and still decent playerbase than on the other platforms so that is a plus, 25k players on PC is not a whole lot, considering the game needs to last for more than a year still.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 10:41am

I have read that Battlefield 1 will be arriving in EA/Origin Access in September, so if you can subscribe for 1 month then cancel it and are willing to wait a bit, I suggest you try it with the said services. Stick to Domination/TDM as you do not like 64 man clusterfuck or vehicle domination.

In terms of infantry gunplay, I would say that other than the medic and scout class there is not much depth and enjoyment to the gunplay aspect. The medic and scout class actually rewards you for aiming, pacing, and switching to the sidearm at the right moment for CQC. However, the occasional 3m-away bayonet charges and elite class that you cannot kill unless you have an MG15 still gives me frustration. And those are on top of the stupid vehicle-infantry balance in CQ maps. Oh, I almost forgot the behemoth deaths from players on the losing team, who so skillfully entered it because they were on the spawn screen at that time.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 1:10pm

I like it, had more fun already than the 600~ hour in BF4

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 1:15pm

I like BF1 definitely more than BF4 but I really miss modern weapons...
Heilreaggal is the best 4 assault, Sweeper/Selblaster 1916 4 medic, MG 15 4 support and Martin-Genry 4 sniper

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 3:14pm

BF1 and Overwatch, moreso than R6S and BF4, greatly diminished the power of the solo player IMO.

For things like Overwatch and to an extent R6S I think you really need a full (or at least almost full) squad of players you spend the better part of your playtime with if you really want to have fun, not salt. They're essentially as team-dependent as MOBAs. Thus the communities are similarly "awesome" IMO.

Due to the greater power of tanks, cavalry and hero class pickups, reduced power of infantry weaponry in general and utter chaos of the 64p conquest (the only size available last I checked) gamemode I'd say this applies to a lesser extent to BF1 as well. I don't think it's nearly as fun a solo experience as BF4 is (present tense).

So I'd say either skip or buy on sale.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 4:31pm

Well if even bf4 don't please you, I'd think twice about getting bf1. The game has like 1/10 of variety of gameplay compared to it's predecessor.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 6:01pm

Well if even bf4 don't please you, I'd think twice about getting bf1. The game has like 1/10 of variety of gameplay compared to it's predecessor.

:huh: So the game with 4 very distinct class weapons (5 if you counts shotguns and smgs as separate) has less variety than a game with dozens of slight variations on the same weapon and a few identical bolt actions and dmrs? Really, in BF4 there wasn't much difference gameplay wise between a carbine, an assault rifle, an lmg and an smg. Now BF4 was a great game and I spent a lot of time with it, but weapon variety wasn't one of its strong points. Variety was sacrificed in order to achieve decent balance.

Then you have vehicle gameplay. Now BF1 tanks are pretty boring, but we have several different types of heavy tank, as opposed to just one. Now, imo BF3 did vehicle variety better than any other game in the series, with expansions adding in all kinds of awesome light vehicles (although BF3 tank/ afv balance was awful due to AP ammo and reactive armour).

BF1 also has far more variety when it comes to aircraft. Instead of slight variations on which primary cannon your jet will use, you have entirely different loadouts that suit different roles and playstyles. Some may not be very well balanced, but there's always room to patch these things, while BF only got a decent vehicle balance patch very late in the game's life. BF1 also gives us 2 and 3 seater craft for awesome teamplay shenanigans (with "I got one" and "don't get cocky kid" being mandatory voice chat for all players).

BF1 also has a solid stationary weapon game, with badass fieldguns, coastal artillery and decent enough stationary MGs and AA. BF4 had awful MGs and AT that was only slightly better than what engineers carried on their backs.

On top of this, BF1 adds behemoths, offering very different gameplay from standard vehicles, with airship gunners either firing at ground targets, shooting down attacking fighters, the pilot dropping massive bombs on enemy positions etc. This in turn is completely different from being a gunner on a train, operating the main guns on a Star Destroyer Dreadnought, rolling over enemy armour in a Char B etc.

Really, BF1 has plenty of variety, it just doesn't have 15 slightly different variants of the same weapons, and this upsets some people. Really, all it needs is some decent HMGs on those motorbikes and it would get my personal thumbs up.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Aug 1st 2017, 6:32pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 6:25pm

virtual variety is still variety.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)