Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "YOGSTRY" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2016

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, July 28th 2017, 3:38am

Possible way to gauge tiredness before playing

I will assume that everyone agrees that being tired will have a Huge impact on in game performance. I can not always accurately tell how tired I am, and therefore how well I can expect to do. The other day I noticed that I can evaluate my hand motor skill performance by writing about a paragraph in pen on a piece of college rule paper. If my letters are neat I can tell that I am generally able to control my hand. I can also judge by intuition that it means that I am pretty much up for a mentally intensive task, like battlefield.

In contrast, if my letters are not neat I assume the opposite. Specifically if it looks like I had trouble keeping them within the margin, and if one letter looks completely different than another of the same kind (such as comparing two different letter A's) then I assume I will play poorly. If someone tries it just remember that posture, table, and chair make a difference on one's hand writing.

I know that another way is to simply join a game and see how you do, but for me the results of playing tired can make me very frustrated and I greatly value being able to avoid that. Does any one have anything to add to this idea? Do you have a method of your own?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, July 28th 2017, 6:16am

You're seriously overthinking this. Grab a beer and try to like have fun or something?

If you're tired enough that it's affecting your ability to play, get some damn rest.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, July 28th 2017, 9:51am

You're seriously overthinking this. Grab a beer and try to like have fun or something?

If you're tired enough that it's affecting your ability to play, get some damn rest.

That's not very helpful. He already stated that playing while tired is something he wants to avoid.

@YOGSTRY

Brush your teeth in a dark room, away from screens and other interesting things. You'd have to brush them eventually anyway, so you're not wasting any time, and it might be long enough to gauge whether you're tired, as it does for me. Another option is to walk your dog slowly if you have one.

The writing test is a good tip. I've read that being tired reduces your body's accuracy while actually increasing reaction speed. That's why I play osu! to test myself. If I get the impression that a map is going slower than it usually does, yet I get a lot of misses, that's a good indication that I'm tired. I don't think it would frustrate you to play tired, because it's just you vs {a map that doesn't change}, without all the variables of online gaming.

Click me!

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, July 28th 2017, 1:38pm

I will assume that everyone agrees that being tired will have a Huge impact on in game performance. I can not always accurately tell how tired I am, and therefore how well I can expect to do. The other day I noticed that I can evaluate my hand motor skill performance by writing about a paragraph in pen on a piece of college rule paper. If my letters are neat I can tell that I am generally able to control my hand. I can also judge by intuition that it means that I am pretty much up for a mentally intensive task, like battlefield.

In contrast, if my letters are not neat I assume the opposite. Specifically if it looks like I had trouble keeping them within the margin, and if one letter looks completely different than another of the same kind (such as comparing two different letter A's) then I assume I will play poorly. If someone tries it just remember that posture, table, and chair make a difference on one's hand writing.

I know that another way is to simply join a game and see how you do, but for me the results of playing tired can make me very frustrated and I greatly value being able to avoid that. Does any one have anything to add to this idea? Do you have a method of your own?
I think tiredness, above all, affects situational awareness. I think that that is most important in BF games. Mouse+hand coordination and reaction times can be easily overcome with positioning and use of ingame situations.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, July 28th 2017, 3:17pm

I think tiredness, above all, affects situational awareness. I think that that is most important in BF games. Mouse+hand coordination and reaction times can be easily overcome with positioning and use of ingame situations.

Fatigue also affects reflexes your attitude, your emotional state, and your ability to quickly process information...

This is the one subject where I am the undisputed expert, since I almost always play in the 11pm-4am time range every night of the week... I've dozed off during map changes, on death screens, even in-game when I'm camping somewhere...

But fatigue itself is nowhere near as dangerous as *NOT* being able to admit to yourself that you're fatigued and that it's time to call it a night -- Sometimes personal pride kicks in when you know you're a much better player than what the numbers have shown the past few rounds, and you end up making things much, much worse... Just last night(early this morning) I was already dead tired from working late, I was getting frustrated constantly struggling with some of these bullshit assignments and medals, I was getting sick and tired of being flanked all the damn time (even when I try to flank I get flanked), and instead of being fun and relaxing, BF1 can be incredibly stressful when you don't know what the hell you're doing and there's 31 other teammates mostly trying to lone-wolf it with no communication or coordination... And despite being a negative player all night you still want to end on a high note so you tell yourself "Just one good round and I'll call it quits"; then when that doesn't happen it's "OK, just one more victory and I'll call it a night"; then it's "Fine, just let me have one round tonight where I can finally get a positive kdr -- I don't care if that means starting off 2-1 and hiding in safety for the next half-hour!" And then when THAT doesn't happen it's just "Let me just get ONE kill with the Martini-Henry or Sebstlader 1906 since I've been missing with them all night and have made no progress on the assignments whatsoever..." and it still took me a solid 15 minutes just to do that before ragequitting out of the round and finally turning off the game, which is what I should have done 2.5 hours earlier...

There's no real metric for this sort of thing -- It's just a matter of listening to your body and your brain.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Jul 28th 2017, 3:47pm)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,825)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Friday, July 28th 2017, 3:51pm

I uh... use "feel" to tell whether I'm tired or not.

Something something "game science".

Seriously though, like tankmayvin said, if you're feeling tired enough to where it actually impacts your game performance significantly, you should go rest and play some other time.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, July 28th 2017, 4:24pm

Ha, on the best of days I can barely read my own writing.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, July 28th 2017, 5:17pm

That's not very helpful. He already stated that playing while tired is something he wants to avoid.

@YOGSTRY

Brush your teeth in a dark room, away from screens and other interesting things. You'd have to brush them eventually anyway, so you're not wasting any time, and it might be long enough to gauge whether you're tired, as it does for me. Another option is to walk your dog slowly if you have one.

The writing test is a good tip. I've read that being tired reduces your body's accuracy while actually increasing reaction speed. That's why I play osu! to test myself. If I get the impression that a map is going slower than it usually does, yet I get a lot of misses, that's a good indication that I'm tired. I don't think it would frustrate you to play tired, because it's just you vs {a map that doesn't change}, without all the variables of online gaming.

It's not meant to be helpful because this topic is ridiculous and I like being snarky.

If you can't feel how tired you are when you are so tired it's impacting your ability to play something is wrong with you, or you're so doped up on stimulants that something is wrong with you.

What

@botafogo4life

Is talking about - ie staying awake at rediculous hours playing games when you know you are tired as fuck and basically abusing yourself to stay awake is absolutely awful for your body and has huge medium and long term reprecussions on your health and life span. I used to do it when I was in my teens/20ies. I did it a bunch over the last 6/mo with BF1 because I couldn't sleep with thesis woes.

Don't do it though, it's awful for you. If you are fatigued to the point where you have cognitive and/or fine motor deficit fucking go to sleep.