Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BulletHermit" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 13th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 10:59am

How to create Accuracy plots?

What software or tech. did they use to make the Accuracy plots?
I want to learn!! Please Help! :bestgun:

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 8:01pm

python matplotlib I would say - diy programming

just calculating the coordinate position of a bullet for the first shot 1000 or so times... first array with coordinates - color green
then for the second shot 1000 or so times... second array with coordinates
and so on

and then doing a scatter plot of the coordinates on top of each other with the appropriate color assigned.

ofc it is automated to make one run for all weapon stats, but basically that's it.

The difficult thing i think is to define the distance at which you want to see the spread, coz you need to cut the cone.
And I dont know how to implement something like a "Zoom" or "Distance" Slider, which would be neat-o
still playin' Motorstorm

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 8:30pm

Symthic plots are indeed drawn with Python by drawing pixels with PIL. Each plot consists of N amount of bursts of five shot with the weapon at full-auto/as-fast-as-possible, color of the pixel representing which shot in burst was in question (first shot = green, last shot = red). Recoil and spread are calculated as shown on the site under general info.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included