Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "RagingFruitfly" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, July 10th 2017, 6:53pm

BF1 Zoom Choices

I was wondering if there's an optimum choice for the zoom settings for iron sights and optics (1.00x, 1.25x ,etc). Does increased Zoom mean more visual recoil?

Also, as I game on console, do most of your console gamers use steadier weapons that may be classed as inferior, due to the ability to control recoil on consoles being harder?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 10th 2017, 9:52pm

Does increased Zoom mean more visual recoil?

Yes. Visual Recoil moves the same distance on your screen, which naturally means that a 4x scope will have four times as much as a 1x. It should also be noted that lower zoom also lowers perceived real recoil.

I use 1x on every single iron sight in the game, not only because of these, but also because not having any change in zoom when you ADS feels really nice too.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 7:46am

I use 2X for scout infantry rifles, 1.5X for iron sight SLRs and 1.25X for everything else
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 6:45pm

1.25x for all red dots and iron sights. 3x for LMG zoomy things. 4x for Marksman scopes on sniper rifles, and 8x for proper sniper scopes.