Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:28pm

Missing U.S. weapons

Is there a reason for there being no 1903 Springfield infantry?
Seriously MIA is the P17 Enfield, which was the most common American infantry weapon.

Also missing are the Colt & S&W 1917 revolvers.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:56pm

Seriously MIA is the P17 Enfield, which was the most common American infantry weapon.

I agree on the 1903 infantry. DICE was originally going to have the experimental be the infantry but from what I understand, DICE can't program a weapon to have three ammo types. Also people have argued that a 1903 infantry would be useless (though I 100% disagree)

I imagine yet another bolt action in the from of the p17 enfield would be difficult to balance without it being useless sure it has six rounds but again it would be hard to have it not be just a filler weapon. I personally protest more about the absence of the cacarno rifle for the italians due to it being the only faction without its standard issue rifle.

Balancing a 45acp revolver would be tough due to DICE's philosophy about having calibers within a weapon class performing the same across the weapons within the said class (30-06 within MG class all having same bullet performance). We would be stuck with a three shot revolver with relatively poor performance (the nagant revolver upcoming appears to have the same range/damage model of the mars auto and will most likely fill the three shot revolver role and)

Not poo poo ing on your Ideas but I think DICE is trying to find ways to mix things up with upcoming weapons. I imagine balancing the mosin to be useful in the next DLC was a difficult task
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 11:55pm

I agree on the 1903 infantry. DICE was originally going to have the experimental be the infantry but from what I understand, DICE can't program a weapon to have three ammo types. Also people have argued that a 1903 infantry would be useless (though I 100% disagree)

I imagine yet another bolt action in the from of the p17 enfield would be difficult to balance without it being useless sure it has six rounds but again it would be hard to have it not be just a filler weapon. I personally protest more about the absence of the cacarno rifle for the italians due to it being the only faction without its standard issue rifle.

Balancing a 45acp revolver would be tough due to DICE's philosophy about having calibers within a weapon class performing the same across the weapons within the said class (30-06 within MG class all having same bullet performance). We would be stuck with a three shot revolver with relatively poor performance (the nagant revolver upcoming appears to have the same range/damage model of the mars auto and will most likely fill the three shot revolver role and)

Not poo poo ing on your Ideas but I think DICE is trying to find ways to mix things up with upcoming weapons. I imagine balancing the mosin to be useful in the next DLC was a difficult task

How would you have 3 different calibers by adding the 1903 infantry? It would be .30-06, same as the scoped versions.
Why would the P17 be a disadvantage? Same capacity and caliber as the Springfield.

I agree on the Carcano. Monte Grappa doesn't seem right.
I'm also wondering if Austria didn't use some model of Steyr in the Great War. Oh well, I guess we could represent Austria with a Glock:-)

Scratch that, I guess Austria was a Mauser customer, like much of the world.

1898 Krags also made it across the pond with the Doughboys. The cavalry version might be a cool, uh, cavalry carbine.

The Russians also issued the Remington Rolling Block at one time. That would make an interesting alternative to the Martini for "Name of the Tsar".

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "OldBFAddict" (Jul 13th 2017, 12:12am)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 1:27am

How would you have 3 different calibers by adding the 1903 infantry?

This is what he means:

30-06_Bolt (Infantry/ Marksman/ Sniper)
30-18_Auto (Experimental)
K-Bullet (Experimental/ Infantry/ Marksman/ Sniper)

It seems DICE could only get 2 different projectiles in one weapon to function, otherwise the Infantry variant could convert to the 30-18 and K-Bullet projectiles.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Jul 13th 2017, 3:08am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 4:56am

I've heard some recent improvements to the behind-the-scenes systems means making the Springfield work like that, as originally intended, is now possible, but with how crazy busy they are with Tsar and the rest of the DLC, it would be a while before we see any changes/fixes/upgrades to vanilla/TSNP weapons.

These system improvements also seem to include the ability to have multiple non-empty reloads, of differing lengths, seen most obviously with the MG 14 and Mosin Nagant.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, July 14th 2017, 12:58am

Why would the P17 be a disadvantage? Same capacity and caliber as the Springfield.

The problem with bolt actions is making them all unique. for a few reasons:
1) DICE is following a pattern in BF1 to have all of their bullets within a weapon class perform the extact same as far as velocity, drag, damage and damage dropoff. It would be identical to the 1903 springfield.
2)The only statistics that are purely unique to a bolt action outside of its calibre, variants and their respective stat changes are ammo capacity and rate of fire. Recoil is irrelevant to bolt actions and spread increase/decrease does matter but not as much as it does to the other weapons.

So if DICE were to include the enfield m1917 it would be a springfield 1903 with a 6 round mag. Noting unique about it
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, July 14th 2017, 5:03am

The problem with bolt actions is making them all unique. for a few reasons:
1) DICE is following a pattern in BF1 to have all of their bullets within a weapon class perform the extact same as far as velocity, drag, damage and damage dropoff. It would be identical to the 1903 springfield.
2)The only statistics that are purely unique to a bolt action outside of its calibre, variants and their respective stat changes are ammo capacity and rate of fire. Recoil is irrelevant to bolt actions and spread increase/decrease does matter but not as much as it does to the other weapons.

So if DICE were to include the enfield m1917 it would be a springfield 1903 with a 6 round mag. Noting unique about it

Good call for DICE not wanting to have actual World War 1 things that were in World War 1. why don't people get that?

.....meanwhile.

You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, July 14th 2017, 9:58am

Ultimately, it seems that DICE wanted to have no more than three variants per gun. Personally, I would have rather had the M1903 Infantry rather than the M1903 Marksman. Although, I do kind of understand why DICE opted for the Marksman variant. Without it, there'd only be three Marksman variants in the Scout class compared to the five Sniper variants. If anything, the Martini-Henry Sniper should be a Martini-Henry Marksman. That'd balance it out.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, July 14th 2017, 12:05pm

Henry Sniper should be a Martini-Henry Marksman.

Twas at this moment that The World Champion decided to dedicate time and resources to making it possible to slap people across the internet.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 14th 2017, 4:31pm

Oh well. Being a gun & history enthusiast, I guess I want more authenticity than is practical.

It would be cool to see a Rolling Block, a lot of countries contracted for them (the gun probably saved Remington in the post-Civil War market.)

But I guess it would duplicate the Martini. If